Texas BBQ

Washpark

Truth BBQ just opened on Washington in Htown, every bit as good as Brenham location. Make sure and get the home made pickle/onions burnt ends while waiting for your carve. The owner is usually carving upfront. Line starts at 10:45 on weekdays, usually sold out of trinity by 1
Peekaboo window whiws smokers and staff trimming briskets and making sausage
Killer turkey breast, if you are into that sort of thing.

Homemade pickles and onions!!111!!! And turkey breast!!11!! And the owner is usually there!!1!

Dammit, I’m definitely going now!
  • Haha 1

It ain’t hard. You know how many of the good bbq places in Houston make their own pickles and onions? All of them. I do, and it is known that I detest pickles. They also all do turkey breasts (I’m the only one who’s turkey breast was specifically keyed on by DV). And you know how many of the owners are usually at the block or on the line? All of them (except Killen).

It cracks me up the things that people focus on. Don’t be a follower. Get out, experience what the bbq world has to offer. There’s a lot of really good bbq out there that’s not on the TM Top 50. Don’t believe me? Try this...

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/houston-bbq-guide/

3 hours ago, ChampKind said:

It ain’t hard. You know how many of the good bbq places in Houston make their own pickles and onions? All of them. I do, and it is known that I detest pickles. They also all do turkey breasts (I’m the only one who’s turkey breast was specifically keyed on by DV). And you know how many of the owners are usually at the block or on the line? All of them (except Killen).

It cracks me up the things that people focus on. Don’t be a follower. Get out, experience what the bbq world has to offer. There’s a lot of really good bbq out there that’s not on the TM Top 50. Don’t believe me? Try this...

Horeseshit, good pickles ate not just putting them in vinegar.

3 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Actually truth on that list, I go to his place in brenham, you act as if you know.

Actually truth on that list, I go to his place in brenham, you act as if you know.

Actually, I do know. Much more than some jackwagon who goes to eat bbq a couple times a month and is part of the mindhive.

And you’re welcome to come to my kitchen any day and show me how hard it is to make pickles. I wouldn’t know. I only make 15 or so gallons a week

Nah, the very comment to not be a follower shows me you are discrediting this place because it made Texas Monthly. I have been going since it was a tiny spot on 290. And I too smoke a few things, even my own  steers and my buddies pigs and goats.

You couldn’t be more obtuse if you tried. Truth is legit. Leo is a great guy and a great cook. I readily admit that.

You, on the other hand, seem not to be able to see the forest for all the fucking trees standing before you. But carry on, since you apparently enjoy standing in line to get house made pickles and some turkey breast. I applaud your blind allegiance and groupthink. So do my customers.

17 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

You couldn’t be more obtuse if you tried. Truth is legit. Leo is a great guy and a great cook. I readily admit that.

You, on the other hand, seem not to be able to see the forest for all the fucking trees standing before you. But carry on, since you apparently enjoy standing in line to get house made pickles and some turkey breast. I applaud your blind allegiance and groupthink. So do my customers.

clearly some reading comprehension issue with that one.  I have no idea how he read your responses and thought you were bagging on the place.  He obviously knows nothing about you as that is 100% not your style.  

Took a trip to San Marcos and stopped by Hays County Barbeque. Serve on butcher paper. Brisket and sausage were good (jap sausage was not at all spicy). Mac and cheese and green beans delicious. Love the pepper BBQ sauce at the tables. What caught me by surprise was opening the door and the pit smoke hits you big time. 

4 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Nah, the very comment to not be a follower shows me you are discrediting this place because it made Texas Monthly. I have been going since it was a tiny spot on 290. And I too smoke a few things, even my own  steers and my buddies pigs and goats.

Can you smoke eight things simultaneously?

36 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

So cruised down to waco to checkout Guess bbq.....im no expert but shouldnt someone be here and have pit going if ypu open in 4.5 hours????

it only takes an hour or two to get a fire going and smoke all your day’s meat.  should be fine. 

are you down there this early only to be first in line?

Edited by futureman

10 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Kinda and wasnt sure if i was going to stop or cruise to snows or franklins.... I know when i have been to snows they have smoke going by like 11pm for 8am open

Guessing guess goes with the high quick method vs low and slow

Let us know how it turns out...