Texas BBQ

Washpark

3 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Oh boy, you folks in Fort Worth just scored some big time bbq. Michael is putting out some big time product with his Flores Barbecue bidness.

Impossible.  No mention of homemade pickles or tortillas. 

By the way, have I mentioned that pickles suck?  I think it's mostly because cucumbers suck.  Because pickled jalapenos and carrots are delicious.

I heard that Guess only cooks 6-8 briskets a day right now, which explains why they run out of meat before 1:00.  I also heard they were looking at opening a brick and mortar.  It'll be interesting to see how successful they will be scaling their cook to meet the revenue demands of a permanent location.  Plus, their pickles don't look homemade.

Edited by Jerry Callo

I heard that Guess only cooks 6-8 briskets a day right now, which explains why they run out of meat before 1:00.  I also heard they were looking at opening a brick and mortar.  It'll be interesting to see how successful they will be scaling their cook to meet the revenue demands of a permanent location.  Plus, their pickles don't look homemade.
Yeah he was saying they are doing brick/mortar 2 blocks down the street

Food was tasty like i said...i didnt find it even close to dry

Could be rain/clouds/camera...

13 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:
13 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Read more  

Sorry for the above, I’m drinking heavily in Bangalore currently. 

Was just going to comment about how important the pickle is. If you’re going to compete with Rudy’s (which is really good) then you can use a normal pickle. If you’re going to hang with the big boys, you need to spend some time making pickles. 

Also those onions don’t look homemade. 

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep, do this. And not at City Market. It was bad the last time I went through there. As in bad bad. Stop at Black’s.

I like Terry Black's, but am partial to Kreuz in Lockhart.  A couple of weeks ago their brisket was actually pretty good again.  And the people going with me are big fans of their sausage, so we'll probably end up there again.  I'm hoping for a repeat of the brisket.

And I agree with you about City Market, unfortunately.

Ooh, I forgot to mention that Kreuz offers pork burnt ends now.  They've been sold out the last few times I've gone.  I'm getting there at 11am on Saturday so I can try them.

Kreuz now has sauce, utensils, and a full array of sides.  They have this loaded baked potato casserole that's pretty dang good.  And they have the best kraut.

56 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

Ooh, I forgot to mention that Kreuz offers pork burnt ends now.  They've been sold out the last few times I've gone.  I'm getting there at 11am on Saturday so I can try them.

Kreuz now has sauce, utensils, and a full array of sides.  They have this loaded baked potato casserole that's pretty dang good.  And they have the best kraut.

Or you could make your own — not hard to do

On 1/27/2019 at 7:44 AM, ChampKind said:

Oh boy, you folks in Fort Worth just scored some big time bbq. Michael is putting out some big time product with his Flores Barbecue bidness.

This makes me smile and drool at the same time.  Haven't heard where his location will be but am looking forward to sampling his work when he opens.  Might make a run to Whitney before he closes on 2/3 as I have heard the same as you regarding his product.

This makes me smile and drool at the same time.  Haven't heard where his location will be but am looking forward to sampling his work when he opens.  Might make a run to Whitney before he closes on 2/3 as I have heard the same as you regarding his product.
Yeah...think im going run down there thursday so i can say/compare OG location to new one in ft.worth

Hope he doesnt mail in last weekend of whitney spot
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, pch said:

D Mag's blog has the deets on the new location in Cowtown:   https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/2019/01/flores-barbecue-leaves-whitney-and-heads-to-fort-worth/

IMG_5300-677x451.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

thought kreuz always had sauce.  smitty’s was the one that didn’t do sauce.  

I only go to black’s in that town, though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

thought kreuz always had sauce.  smitty’s was the one that didn’t do sauce.  

I only go to black’s in that town, though. 

Smitty's didn't even exist until the early 2000s.  It was Kreuz since 1900 before the family split it up.  Neither had sauce till recently.

• Like 1