Texas BBQ

Washpark

So anybody guinea pigged Interstellar yet?  I grabbed Taco Shack for the kids this morning, and the smoker was going.  I might try it today.

Got there at 11:50 and the line was out the door. When I ordered at 12:25, they were already out of ribs and jalapeno cheddar popper sausage. I ordered brisket, brisket banger (sausage), jalapeno slaw and pimento cheese potato salad. Complimentary beans.

Brisket was really good, but sausage was too salty. All of the sides were very good, with the potato salad being the best.

c44ed41f5ee5a66730b1ab673d479f61.jpg
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Got there at 11:50 and the line was out the door. When I ordered at 12:25, they were already out of ribs and jalapeno cheddar popper sausage. I ordered brisket, brisket banger (sausage), jalapeno slaw and pimento cheese potato salad. Complimentary beans.

Brisket was really good, but sausage was too salty. All of the sides were very good, with the potato salad being the best.

c44ed41f5ee5a66730b1ab673d479f61.jpg

How are the pickles?

Sorry if it's been discussed before, but on Man Fire Food today Mooking visited Snows. I didn't catch the date when it first aired. They showed them loading the brisket into the pit and they clearly had cut the brisket into smaller pieces. I didn't know anyone did this.

Sorry if it's been discussed before, but on Man Fire Food today Mooking visited Snows. I didn't catch the date when it first aired. They showed them loading the brisket into the pit and they clearly had cut the brisket into smaller pieces. I didn't know anyone did this.
They did not cut the briskets into smaller pieces.

Probably been asked and answered 100 times, but when should one arrive at Snow's to get in line?
Been 3 times last year...2 times i got there at like 6ish and was like 10th and 20th in line
One time with a group we got there at 10ish and was way back...ordered at like noonish but they were out of ribs,pork,jap sausage
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Okie State said:

Probably been asked and answered 100 times, but when should one arrive at Snow's to get in line?

show up by sunrise with a cooler of beer and drink your breakfast like a red-blooded american.  a nice buzz at 8am makes for great line conversation and makes the meat taste better.  the best way to start a saturday you’ll ever experience. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

All those fancy pants ranches.

Reason #2056 that it's become so expensive.  Those small briskets must come from much smaller animals so one would assume the cattlemen have to charge more per pound to make up for the lighter weight of the animal.

And regarding my earlier post about Snow's possibly cutting up the brisket before they smoke it, after re-watching the episode of Man Fire Food from 2012 they going on and on about the brisket while showing them slice the pork shoulder steak--which is about 2 lbs.  

1 minute ago, Jerry Callo said:
18 minutes ago, Caddox said:
Was disappointed in Truth today. The fatty brisket wasn't that moist but had nice bark. The jap and cheddar sausage was pretty underwhelming. The pork ribs were excellent. I'll give it another try for sure but that was not top tier brisket. 

Brenham or Houston?

Houston. Restaurant itself was really cool. They have all the pits set up in a room on the side with big windows for you to see while you wait. All the butcher's blocks and stuff are right next to the windows. Great idea. They just have to fix their brisket. (Or were just having an off day or I got an off brisket, happens.)

Houston. Restaurant itself was really cool. They have all the pits set up in a room on the side with big windows for you to see while you wait. All the butcher's blocks and stuff are right next to the windows. Great idea. They just have to fix their brisket. (Or were just having an off day or I got an off brisket, happens.)

I’ve been to Truth 4 times. 3 times in brenham and once in Houston. First time in brenham was way too salty. Second and third were phenomenal. Houston location a few weeks ago was very good.
  • Like 1

is mueller open consistently on saturdays?  planning to chow on some black box this weekend. 

I think someone posted a few weeks back about going by on a Saturday and it was closed. I tried a couple of weeks later in a Friday and it was closed. Champ said he is having problems with the health department. Not sure what the status is. Glad I could help.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:26 AM, ChampKind said:

Georgetown is taking the Houston approach to food trucks. That is nein, nein, nein! JSM is having to pull new permits for every day he’s going to be open. So for the time being, that is going to be Saturdays and Sundays.

wtf, daily permits ? wow 

Just a quick FYI — our annual Rib Cook-Off benefiting the Rise School of Dallas is next Saturday in the Top Golf building parking lot (corner of Central and NW Highway — on the Greenville side). $25 wrist bands but you only need those if you want to drink beer.

Tootsie Tomanetz will be on-hand from noon-6 with Daniel Vaughn. They’re a couple of our celeb judges. My team is defending champs. Should be a fun day.

d562d715d32b85d7751aee575f17faed.jpg

Well, it was cold and a little bit wet but we had a great time raising money for the Rise School. We didn’t place in Ribs even though our turned-in product was terrific. We need to work on our preliminary judging format. We did, however, take 1st in appetizer with little beef cheek tacos. Damn they were good.

Throughout the day, we made a bunch of sausage, a tri-tip that was gone in seconds, several ribeyes, the beef cheek and a bunch of racks of ribs. Here’s some of the pron:

4b96cf91d94a0625ce2486c40d0f3523.jpg

e9db4f345ff2cff142f3e012fdd465e3.jpg

01add769a96c8729ae8ca4861d124d27.jpg

43798a5f1ebf87efeb50d703d3b30a9c.jpg

53bddae1604d754bf2a9f41455e3624e.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Well, it was cold and a little bit wet but we had a great time raising money for the Rise School. We didn’t place in Ribs even though our turned-in product was terrific. We need to work on our preliminary judging format. We did, however, take 1st in appetizer with little beef cheek tacos. Damn they were good.

Throughout the day, we made a bunch of sausage, a tri-tip that was gone in seconds, several ribeyes, the beef cheek and a bunch of racks of ribs. Here’s some of the pron:

4b96cf91d94a0625ce2486c40d0f3523.jpg

e9db4f345ff2cff142f3e012fdd465e3.jpg

01add769a96c8729ae8ca4861d124d27.jpg

43798a5f1ebf87efeb50d703d3b30a9c.jpg

53bddae1604d754bf2a9f41455e3624e.jpg

Awesome event @C-Man thanks for the hospitality.  If your ribs didn't place, I need to try whoever's did because yours were some of the best I've had and certainly the best I had that day.  That chicken cheese sausage (I think pictured left above) was un fucking real though.  Great work to you and your team.  Definitely an event I hope to make an annual must attend.

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Awesome event @C-Man thanks for the hospitality.  If your ribs didn't place, I need to try whoever's did because yours were some of the best I've had and certainly the best I had that day.  That chicken cheese sausage (I think pictured left above) was un fucking real though.  Great work to you and your team.  Definitely an event I hope to make an annual must attend.

Anytime. Great seeing you and Mrs Lando again. BTW, it was chicken mole sausage.

Yeah, we've got to fix the prelim judging and stop relying on folks we know out there that just want to do it. They get fucked up and have no idea what they're doing. Marshall Prichard couldn't believe some of the entries that made the final table. We'll get it fixed.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:15 PM, AustinMT said:

Living in Austin, I am aware of that.  Problem is I will be leaving Austin at about 8 am heading to Carrizo Springs, then on to Pearsall.  Was seeking a lunch spot down south.

We have a place near pearsall.  They have a bbq joint there.  It’s below average.