Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

7 hours ago, RGBIII said:

OL recruiting this year was the biggest kick to the dick I’ve ever seen...we were talking last year about saving the scholly for OL this year

Usually when you have to resort to saying "saving scholarships for next year", it is code for recruiting class at said position is trash.

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH TFB ON JATAVION SANDERS HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Spoiler

As you know by now, 5-star QB commit, Quinn Ewers has decommitted from Texas. Before that, we saw Texas lose long time 2021 commit, Billy Bowman.

Up until now, 2021 5-star DE, Ja’Tavion Sanders, however, has remained solid to Texas.

In fact, I had heard, even recently, he really wasn’t even entertaining other schools.

I am now hearing that that has changed. I’m not ready to say there is an imminent decommitment but it’s looking like much more of a possibility.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH TFB ON JATAVION SANDERS HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Hide contents

As you know by now, 5-star QB commit, Quinn Ewers has decommitted from Texas. Before that, we saw Texas lose long time 2021 commit, Billy Bowman.

Up until now, 2021 5-star DE, Ja’Tavion Sanders, however, has remained solid to Texas.

In fact, I had heard, even recently, he really wasn’t even entertaining other schools.

I am now hearing that that has changed. I’m not ready to say there is an imminent decommitment but it’s looking like much more of a possibility.

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a certain point where the pain becomes so absurdly great that it actually becomes kinda funny. I've reached that point. Fuck Tom Herman.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Hide contents

He’s gone 

Bobby Burton: Thursday

For those of you who might think a decommitment from a high school junior won’t register with some influential folks at Texas, you should think again. Major Texas boosters and specific high-ranking administrators follow the recruiting efforts of the Longhorns. Quinn Ewers’ decommitment is yet further proof that something is amiss within the Texas football program, especially considering it comes just a month after the original pledge.

It’s another sign that things aren’t going in the right direction, as if the donors and administrators needed more proof following a bizarre four-game conference stretch where the Horns have been so inconsistent, it’s hard to even know what to expect every Saturday other than inconsistency. Heck, the Horns can’t be consistent for an entire half, much less an entire game. The loss of Ewers is devastating to the prospects of the 2022 recruiting class, much less finishing out the 2021 class.

The admin at Texas needs to consider pulling the plug on Tom Herman sooner rather than later. Waiting until after the season only prolongs the inevitable, and perhaps clouds the decision of some key recruits too late in the process. The sooner a decision has been made, the more likely players like Ewers, who grow up fans of the Longhorns, will give Texas a chance to hire and implement a successor before making a final college decision.

In other words, Texas should not wait. If Herman and his team lay an egg in Stillwater, the call should be made because it needs to be made otherwise recruiting will continue to tail off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Usually when you have to resort to saying "saving scholarships for next year", it is code for recruiting class at said position is trash.

yeah I never really hear about Ohio State or Alabama or Clemson "banking" scholarships, they just take more 4 or 5 stars and let attrition do the rest

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If this means what I think it does, he will be my favorite recruit if he signs. Love it.

...what do you think this means that is good? that he is hungry/driven? all i see it is that either it's a shot at Ewers/Sanders or maybe Bowman (not good in any of those ways)

(I get what he is saying and good for him...but he is wrong, a 5* is significantly more likely to make a large impact on a program, win a Heisman, be an All American, be an All Conference player or be drafted in the first round)

Edited by NoName

So...if it were announced post signing day, wouldn’t the risk of attrition be higher? I would think it would be obviously better to announce early rather than late. Seems obvious to me. Maybe I’m missing something.

Nope I wasn’t missing a god damn thing. Move MF’r and fire this dude!

5 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Hes a salesman with nothing to sell...

He can keep talking.  All his hot air directed at Norman just seems to blow recruits up this way.

In seriousness, what is going on down there?  Didn't y'all win easily last week?  Why did two close losses start a slow-motion implosion?

Edited by soonernado

53 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So how many have we lost for 2021 and how many for 2022?  I'm late to the Herman gang-bang.  

hmmm... 2021: a couple TE's (I think one was a mutual separation) and then recently Billy Bowman. Wouldn't surprise me if I'm forgetting someone who came and went along the way.

2022: 2/3 departed in past 24 hrs

55 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

hmmm... 2021: a couple TE's (I think one was a mutual separation) and then recently Billy Bowman. Wouldn't surprise me if I'm forgetting someone who came and went along the way.

2022: 2/3 departed in past 24 hrs

Quay Davis as well

3 hours ago, soonernado said:

He can keep talking.  All his hot air directed at Norman just seems to blow recruits up this way.

In seriousness, what is going on down there?  Didn't y'all win easily last week?  Why did two close losses start a slow-motion implosion?

I mean you did watch the game we lost to you guys didn't you? We suck shit. Our senior laden veteran team loaded with four and five star players is terrible and we are just coming off a disastrous five loss season. I know you just expect us to be total garbage and laugh in our general direction but we don't enjoy it as much as you do.

Your team sucks to. This is the worst Senior Team since Jeff Blake. Yet you beat us and easily trounced that garbage TCU team that beat us.

This was not supposed to be a "see if we can reach .500 and maybe compete with a terrible OU team" year. This was supposed to be the year that Tom Herman made it. Well he didn't. So here we are.

That team you watched in Dallas...did that look like a great football team to you? It is Sam Ehlinger playing hero ball with little help from anybody else.

Edited by Valmy77

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean you did watch the game we lost to you guys didn't you? We suck shit. Our senior laden veteran team loaded with four and five star players is terrible and we are just coming off a disastrous five loss season. I know you just expect us to be total garbage and laugh in our general direction but we don't enjoy it as much as you do.

Your team sucks to. This is the worst Senior Team since Jeff Blake. Yet you beat us and easily trounced that garbage TCU team that beat us.

This was not supposed to be a "see if we can reach .500 and maybe compete with a terrible OU team" year. This was supposed to be the year that Tom Herman made it. Well he didn't. So here we are.

John Blake. Unless there was a season I was blackout drunk and missed Jeff Blake coaching at OU. That is entirely possible. 

1 minute ago, Radical Larry said:

John Blake. Unless there was a season I was blackout drunk and missed Jeff Blake coaching at OU. That is entirely possible. 

GIve me a break it has been over 20 years. At least I remembered the dudes first name started with a J.

Just baffled a fan of OU really looked at our team and thought "wow what a great team"

Edited by Valmy77

I mean yeah I don't know anyone who would argue that the extension wasn't a terrible idea
It's either fire or extension these days. If Herman doesnt get an extension rival coaches will use that in their negative recruiting. Of course it won't make any difference to the tiny percentage of recruits who are determined to wear burnt orange no matter what, but the rest will have a seed of doubt the coaches recruiting them will be there when arrive on campus, much less stick around 3-4 years. Even if they don't know or care about extensions, recruits will have it explained to them by opposing coaches. No contract extension at the end of year 3 of 4 is essentially a vote of no confidence from the AD. Recruiting takes a hit and leaves the next guy less to work with..