If this team hasn't quit.

naija

19 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Damn...everybody needs to watch this whole clip.... Worthy says what we're seeing...

angry GIF by Face The Truth

"Can't make the whole team play hard".   Yep, that about sums it up.   So many fucking losers on this roster.  It needs to be completely turned over.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

name the talent besides Bijan and Worthy

I keep asking this and nobody answers. 

If there's talent name the players and explain why they're talented based on play on the field. Don't just refer to a recruiting ranking. 

I think you might be able to throw Cook, Collins and Ojomo in this group. Key word might. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There are talent deficiencies here, sure.  But we’re really dealing with a psychological deficiency more than anything.  This team gets a bad break and they don’t get mad.  They don’t fight back with renewed vigor. They buckle and get rolled by teams with no more athletic talent than they possess.

When you aren’t passionate, when your heart isn’t in it anymore — whatever the endeavor — your floor becomes your ceiling.  That’s what I see out of these players right now.  They should be competitors full of an unshakeable enthusiasm to play football.  The majority of the players last night looked like they would rather be ANYWHERE other than playing football.  That’s on them, and it’s on the coaches.  that’s why they are 4-5 star recruits that never develop and often regress.  

That is the most alarming pattern that I’ve seen recur through all the different recruiting classes and coaching changes.  Every fucking time it seems to catch the new coach completely off guard.  So heads up next coach!  Your biggest challenge at Texas will be changing the environment and culture that, for whatever reason, erodes your player’s competitive spirit and love of the game.

59 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He'll have one on December 15th. 

And if he keeps who he has and closes on 3 he is expected to get, it will probably be a top 3 class.  He's 6th now and there are 3 really good ones out there.  Don't know what the deal on Arch Manning is, but I'm hearing he visited UT along with UGA.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Dude come on. Yes, he was. Mack’s floor with bad recruits for him was still higher than this seasons ceiling. Think about that, then shut the fuck up. 

Mack's floor was 5-7 in the immediate wake of an MNC appearance... with a badass defense and a 5 star future backup NFL QB. We are currently 4-5 with 3 games to go. I think most would predict a 6-6 or 5-7 finish

53 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

You guys might not have the elite studs in a lot of positions but this shit isn’t on the players as much as it is coaching. Texas is way too talented to have the current record. This is all on coaching. 

What is your team?  Without even knowing the answer I would trade you straight up your entire team for ours minus Bijan and Worthy plus $350.  Deal?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If there's talent name the players and explain why they're talented based on play on the field. Don't just refer to a recruiting ranking. 

I think you might be able to throw Cook, Collins and Ojomo in this group. Key word might. 

I'd argue Murphy is a dog 

I think y’all are missing the point on this whole talent thing. We should have better talent than the last 3 teams we played and lost to. Key word…should. We have better recruiting classes aka incoming talent. Don’t want to use recruiting rankings? Fine, what other metric should we use that fairly evaluates incoming talent across all teams? If we’re getting beat player to player, aka it looks like we don’t have the better talent (also known as just getting beat), then what’s the reason? Development? Conditioning? Scheme? Culture? Teaching? Mentality? Oh right…that’s ALL fucking coaching. We seem to have better talent at enough positions to beat those teams for a half a game. Or does Texas just get unlucky with our recruits being horribly overrated and the Baylors and ISUs get unbelievably lucky and land a ton of recruits who are all a bunch of underrated sleepers. Or…or…or…by process of elimination, if we should have the talent, could it just be that they’re better coached?

Edited by Landomatic

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

I think y’all are missing the point on this whole talent thing. We should have better talent than the last 3 teams we played and lost to. Key word…should. We have better recruiting classes aka incoming talent. Don’t want to use recruiting rankings? Fine, what other metric should we use that fairly evaluates incoming talent across all teams? If we’re getting beat player to player, aka it looks like we don’t have the better talent (also known as just getting beat), then what’s the reason? Development? Conditioning? Scheme? Culture? Teaching? Mentality? Oh right…that’s ALL fucking coaching. We seem to have better talent at enough positions to beat those teams for a half a game. Or does Texas just get unlucky with our recruits being horribly overrated and the Baylors and ISUs get unbelievably lucky and land a ton of recruits who are all a bunch of underrated sleepers. Or…or…or…by process of elimination, if we should have the talent, could it just be that they’re better coached?

Would any one of those teams we lost too want to switch players at any time, before, now, next year...

specifically O-Lines... anyone swap straight up?  What if we threw in any QB? How about all our LBs?

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

After watching that, I'm scared Worthy could portal out of here. I doubt it, but damn he looks fed up 

I’m worried that he and Bijan both bolt. This shitty team is ruining their draft stock just like every other draftable player we have had in the last decade. 

Tough question. Are we talking inate ability or production.

Foster - Arkansas pick. Hit on USC receiver. 1 sack, 2 TFL against OU in 2018.

RoJo. 90% short yardage conversion rate this year. I made that up but it’s high.

Keilan. Over 7 yards per touch. Blocked punts.

J Moore. 13 receiving TDs.

Jamison. Had a string of 300-400 plays without a TD pass given up. Several return TDs.

Josh Thompson. Pick 6 vs Tech. Tackling vs OSU and BU.

Kerstetter high ranking as a pass blocker.

People will shit themselves when he gets drafted. Him being Jones.

Whittington is a potential plus dude if we’d use him (when healthy).

I’m curious about Schooler based on his freshmen year at Oregon.

Now, who would you say has played better this year/ better than expected?

College is all about new faces stepping up from prior years. I can’t say Bijan is better. Better used yes. Worthy is new to campus. So that leaves me Cook and that’s not based on the past 3 games.

Now rattle off who you had expected more out of this year based on flashes in prior years and their athletic profile.

Here’s the TLDR if you don’t want to read a bunch of pages. 

1. this team is a bunch of quitters—but/and—people are quitting watching the team

2. there’s no talent on this team—but—team has led at halftime 8 out of 9 games and been ahead double digits in most of them

3. these coaches suck—but—theyve only had one spring, players they’ve brought in were better than players on roster, and haven’t had a recruiting class yet 

4. these coaches can’t develop talent/coach them up—but—see #3

5. Mack left the cubbard dry for Charlie who left it dry for Tom who left it dry for Sark—but—OL recruiting has sucked no matter who has coached. 
6. Tom Herman was an asshole that made a living coaching one possession games—but—went 7-3 with most of this roster and if 3 high school kids choose Texas over tOSU & Bama he’s probably still coaching here

Going to need a TLDR for my TLDR

Edited by XForce
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Recruiting services. It’s weird because other schools that get similarly rated classes do just fine. Guess we’re the only school that gets lied to.

That's actually not true.  There's not (m)any schools with similarly ranked classes that are completely kicking ass.  OU is the closest parallel that does consistently well, with essentially the same coach for 20 years.

Our classes could probably have done better had they not gotten new coordinators or position coaches every year or two for the last decade.

Plus, a class ranking doesn't address whether you ever got any fucking decent OL, for example.  Or enough QBs for when your main guy busts.  One time not too long ago, I think we had 14 WR and TE on roster.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

this is easy.  our player recruiting rankings are based on 30 minutes of play.

10 hours ago, jinx said:

2021 is the team that actually made me quit. I was happy to have a friends 50th birthday party last night. I didn’t watch the first minute of the game and glad I didn’t.

Fuck this entire football program. It is an embarrassment. I’m done watching this pathetic shit. 

Same here. We were out all day and at about 5:15 decided to get a bite to eat. Wait was 45 minutes. Told my wife fuck it, I don’t need to be at home in front of TV for kickoff. Glad we waited instead of picking up takeout to watch that shit show.

I’m going to continue watching but I’m not going to hustle home anymore to witness this abomination. 

10 hours ago, Tracer Bullet said:

We have a roster full of soft pussies who mentally broke during the 2nd half of the Red River Shootout

I would say we don't have leadership on the team really.  Casey tried pumping the team up, and it worked in the early part of the season, but that seems to have gone away.  The players are not executing for each other.  Only during OU, did they look inspired and ready to help each other out, and once the game turned and the ref fuckery took over, too many folded and were mechanical.   

X leads by example but no one follows him.   That is a problem.  Our upperclassmen are not leaders and have not been for a long time. 

• Rage+1 2

People follow winners and there are exactly zero on this team.  Players loved Vince and Colt because they won and the players always believed the team had a chance with those guys on the filed.  The team is going into every game not exactly sure what is going to happen at the QB position. 

35 minutes ago, Hate said:

People follow winners and there are exactly zero on this team.  Players loved Vince and Colt because they won and the players always believed the team had a chance with those guys on the filed.  The team is going into every game not exactly sure what is going to happen at the QB position. 

Teams that expect to lose will.

And football is a game of inches.  An inch out of bounds, an inch thrown too high, an inch away from recovering a fumble.  if you think you are going to lose, you leave those inches on the field and you do.  In the OU, OSU and Baylor game, 1 or 2 plays would have made the difference.  Coaches need to get that losing mentality out of the players.  And they need to recruit winners.  Think it was during the Charlie Strong era he kept recruiting great players from 2-8 teams.

6 hours ago, bullet said:

And football is a game of inches.  An inch out of bounds, an inch thrown too high, an inch away from recovering a fumble.  if you think you are going to lose, you leave those inches on the field and you do.  In the OU, OSU and Baylor game, 1 or 2 plays would have made the difference.  Coaches need to get that losing mentality out of the players.  And they need to recruit winners.  Think it was during the Charlie Strong era he kept recruiting great players from 2-8 teams.

Lol so we should recruit all of our players from Allen/SLC/Lake Travis?

I don’t think it’s rocket science honestly. We have talented players that are vastly underdeveloped, lack fundamentals, and mental toughness. We’re asking Sark to do something Nick Saban couldn’t even do in year one. You can’t scheme around a shitty OLine. You can’t scheme around QBs missing wide open receivers. You can’t scheme around WRs dropping passes in their hands. Why can Xavier Worthy in one year manage to get separation more than any Texas WR since like Mike Davis.

We all want this magical one year miracle turnaround coach. This isn’t a Disney movie. This is a 3 to 4 year rebuild. So it’s time to settle in and take joy in the rebuild and small victories 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t think it’s rocket science honestly. We have talented players that are vastly underdeveloped, lack fundamentals, and mental toughness. We’re asking Sark to do something Nick Saban couldn’t even do in year one. You can’t scheme around a shitty OLine. You can’t scheme around QBs missing wide open receivers. You can’t scheme around WRs dropping passes in their hands. Why can Xavier Worthy in one year manage to get separation more than any Texas WR since like Mike Davis.

We all want this magical one year miracle turnaround coach. This isn’t a Disney movie. This is a 3 to 4 year rebuild. So it’s time to settle in and take joy in the rebuild and small victories 

In other words, beating Tech,TCU Lala, Rice and hopefully Kansas and WVU?  Pretty low expectations.

And football is a game of inches.  An inch out of bounds, an inch thrown too high, an inch away from recovering a fumble. 

Unfortunately we play a game of feet. If that pass was 5 feet lower, it was catchable. If that pass was 20 feet to the right, it was a sure touchdown.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Does anyone actually think Mack was coaching up players? 

He's an average coach that landed NFL talent for like an 8 year period. Start buying the top notch recruits with coaches that can actually evaluate the talent at the top. 

Maybe not Mack, but he had some coaches working for him that developed some studs through the years.  Coaches like Akina, Muschamp, Robinson, etc were not slouches as position coaches, and Muschamp and Robinson were good Coordinators.

It's hard to tell if any of the coaches we have now are really good at anything.  I guess you could say Sark is good at drawing up plays, but he really sucks after all his scripted stuff runs it's course and he needs to make in game adjustments..

9 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Maybe not Mack, but he had some coaches working for him that developed some studs through the years.  Coaches like Akina, Muschamp, Robinson, etc were not slouches as position coaches, and Muschamp and Robinson were good Coordinators.

It's hard to tell if any of the coaches we have now are really good at anything.  I guess you could say Sark is good at drawing up plays, but he really sucks after all his scripted stuff runs it's course and he needs to make in game adjustments..

I would take a lot of the assistants on the current staff over Mack's hires over the years. Banks, Bo Davis (although he was under Mack for a few years), Choate, and Flood in particular are much better hires than a lot of Mack's assistants even when we were winning. 

The assistants look like they "aren't really good at anything" because the roster sucks. How are all these assistants good everywhere they've been and now they all of a sudden suck? 

Texas boards used to trash Mack's hires with a passion. There's a lot of narrative shifts to fit people's arguments in regards to the current coaching staff. Reality is Mack was landing NFL talent for a long time and that makes any assistant look good. Same would apply here if we actually had good players. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I mean just look at the '05 coaching staff that won a national title. 

McWhorter (criticized constantly)

Greg Davis (big lol)

Bruce Chambers (big lol)

Giles (criticized constantly on this board)

Kennedy (people hated him as the WR coach)

People weren't even that hot on Rucker either. The idea Mack was hiring these "All-Star coaching staffs" is hysterical. He was landing NFL talent and winning with said talent. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:24 AM, Guest said:

It absolutely is the roster. These players are dogshit. 

It's baffling to me because most of these assistant coaches are known to be pretty damn good coaches. The roster is pretty good in a number of spots on paper. I'm not sure if it's a culture thing. Maybe they needed Mensa's asshole routine to keep them from coasting. 

It's not a talent thing that's for sure. Some of the fucking teams that have won big in this conference had almost no recruits that anybody wanted. It's either work ethic, toughness, or some coaching issue. If it's a coaching issue, it's Sark.

Like some of the others have said, I've given up on this program and cfb anyway. Real cfb at least. Im tuning it the fuck out until this team can go 4-0 to start the season. I'm just holding out for the new EA college football game at this point.

Edited by Bevo14

59 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Greg Davis (big lol)

Bruce Chambers (big lol)

People weren't even that hot on Rucker either. The idea Mack was hiring these "All-Star coaching staffs" is hysterical. He was landing NFL talent and winning with said talent. 

Landing NFL talent was the job.  

@Bevo14  It is a talent issue.  Talent at the RB, DB, QB positions make us forget about the O-line which is where we have the biggest hole.  The big lie about the roster and stars is rating them in terms of the team position.  How many stars do you give Okafor?  Kerstetter?  Jones?  Imade? Karic, Conner, Parr, Hookfin?   Because you cannot utilize 5 star QBs and 5 Star RBs with 1 star linemen.   Bijan is getting beat to shit and it shows.   This group of chucklefucks got Sam beat to shit.   X could clone himself, grow to 6' 6"  2 times and it still wouldn't fucking matter.    5 star talent behind 1 star lines looks like a gia fucking a football.   Which is exactly where we are.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

@Bevo14  It is a talent issue.  Talent at the RB, DB, QB positions make us forget about the O-line which is where we have the biggest hole.  The big lie about the roster and stars is rating them in terms of the team position.  How many stars do you give Okafor?  Kerstetter?  Jones?  Imade? Karic, Conner, Parr, Hookfin?   Because you cannot utilize 5 star QBs and 5 Star RBs with 1 star linemen.   Bijan is getting beat to shit and it shows.   This group of chucklefucks got Sam beat to shit.   X could clone himself, grow to 6' 6"  2 times and it still wouldn't fucking matter.    5 star talent behind 1 star lines looks like a gia fucking a football.   Which is exactly where we are.

Yes the oline is god awful.  That is true for sure. I don't understand why they didn't bring in anybody  when we had 2 commits. Admittedly, most high school recruits wouldn't have been able to contribute this year but it makes it harder to build an OL next year.

Edited by Bevo14

3 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Yes the oline is god awful.  That is true for sure. I don't understand why they didn't bring in anybody  when we had 2 commits. Admittedly, most high school recruits wouldn't have been able to contribute this year but it makes it harder to build an OL next year.

Yeah this is why I was worried about Sark's arrival and his bringing in a RB when we needed OL.  He should have watched the film and saw for himself the issues on this team and started the process of bringing in guys to help where help was most desperately needed.  If he was able to coach them up, then big win or everyone.  If not, he has a patchwork plan started.   

I’m not even sure this is possible but there are recruiting service gurus on this site so it’s worth a shot…could we take this year’s roster and put players back through the class calculators from the years they were signed in order to see what kind of class rankings we actually would have had if the class was composed of just the guys left on the roster? Might give a much better indication of how under talented we actually are…

I get sick of my Tech family saying how Texas always gets the best recruits and we lose with five stars blah blah blah…the talent on this roster is very obviously sub par, especially on the offensive line. We are much closer to TCU level talent than Ohio State, despite the recruiting rankings saying otherwise over the past five seasons.

The notion that we do less with more is so fucking old and a tired idea. We do about how you would expect given middling talent with actual bad talent along the o line. We have two really talented players as best I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Greg Davis (big lol)

Bruce Chambers (big lol)

The point is Mack's staff could obviously spot talent and get them to work together as a cohesive unit and Mack was a good CEO type coach and motivator back then and dang good recruiter and glad hander....They rarely lost games they should not have lost in Mack's prime...I'd love it right now to be pissing on about being 1 or 2 losses away from the National title game every year like back then.

From what I see of Sark and his staff so far is they can't turn lemons into Lemonade, not even a few of them.. They haven't developed or made any of them better and some of the players have regressed because they dont fit the scheme.  They obviously can't motivate them to hold on to a 2 or 3 score lead..  Time will tell if they can spot and recruit real talent, they did bring in Worthy and the other Robinson RB so those are pluses...The defensive scheme is a total train wreck with these players and they stubbornly keep doing the same things every week.  The offensive line is hopeless...

Edited by Azbadlands

1 hour ago, Azbadlands said:

Time will tell if they can spot and recruit real talent, they did bring in Worthy and the other Robinson RB so those are pluses...The defensive scheme is a total train wreck with these players and they stubbornly keep doing the same things every week.  The offensive line is hopeless...

Yeah I don't know where we would be without his ......checks notes......4 carries over the last 4 games. 

Screenshot_20211110-003329_Chrome.jpg.3518072fdf884b980b6a723f2959bf17.jpg

I’m not even sure this is possible but there are recruiting service gurus on this site so it’s worth a shot…could we take this year’s roster and put players back through the class calculators from the years they were signed in order to see what kind of class rankings we actually would have had if the class was composed of just the guys left on the roster? Might give a much better indication of how under talented we actually are…

I get sick of my Tech family saying how Texas always gets the best recruits and we lose with five stars blah blah blah…the talent on this roster is very obviously sub par, especially on the offensive line. We are much closer to TCU level talent than Ohio State, despite the recruiting rankings saying otherwise over the past five seasons.

The notion that we do less with more is so fucking old and a tired idea. We do about how you would expect given middling talent with actual bad talent along the o line. We have two really talented players as best I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting exercise but other schools have suffered attrition as well in the preceding years that you wouldn’t be accounting for if you just look at Texas.

14 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

It's baffling to me because most of these assistant coaches are known to be pretty damn good coaches. The roster is pretty good in a number of spots on paper. I'm not sure if it's a culture thing. Maybe they needed Mensa's asshole routine to keep them from coasting. 

It's not a talent thing that's for sure. Some of the fucking teams that have won big in this conference had almost no recruits that anybody wanted. It's either work ethic, toughness, or some coaching issue. If it's a coaching issue, it's Sark.

Like some of the others have said, I've given up on this program and cfb anyway. Real cfb at least. Im tuning it the fuck out until this team can go 4-0 to start the season. I'm just holding out for the new EA college football game at this point.

Baylor won the Big 12 with a high powered bad ass offense that Art briles built, rb's sache leastrunk and shock linwood, OL cyril richardson and spencer drango, they had a slew of NFL WR's, Xavien Howard was a DB and has become one of the premier CB's in the nfl. They won a bunch of games with a hesiman winner in RG III. Those teams were fucking stacked. Iowa state two deep was posted and they have a ton of good talent, not to mention their rb evals are probably the best in the country bang for your buck. TCU in 2014 had treyvon boykin who was a pyscho but a stud, aaron green at rb who was pretty good, josh doctson at WR was damn good, and in typical fashion Patterson had a bunch of defensive players drafter from that team. The other big 12 dominate team is oklahoma and their talent speaks for itself. TCU has done nothing but get defensive players drafter in the first-third rounds for years now. 2011 ok state squad quick check on sports reference shows 10 future NFL players on that roster. The teams that win big have one thing in common and that's an influx of talent at one time. We don't have an influx of shit, or all we have is an influx of shit hahaha. 

20 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Baylor won the Big 12 with a high powered bad ass offense that Art briles built, rb's sache leastrunk and shock linwood, OL cyril richardson and spencer drango, they had a slew of NFL WR's, Xavien Howard was a DB and has become one of the premier CB's in the nfl. They won a bunch of games with a hesiman winner in RG III. Those teams were fucking stacked. Iowa state two deep was posted and they have a ton of good talent, not to mention their rb evals are probably the best in the country bang for your buck. TCU in 2014 had treyvon boykin who was a pyscho but a stud, aaron green at rb who was pretty good, josh doctson at WR was damn good, and in typical fashion Patterson had a bunch of defensive players drafter from that team. The other big 12 dominate team is oklahoma and their talent speaks for itself. TCU has done nothing but get defensive players drafter in the first-third rounds for years now. 2011 ok state squad quick check on sports reference shows 10 future NFL players on that roster. The teams that win big have one thing in common and that's an influx of talent at one time. We don't have an influx of shit, or all we have is an influx of shit hahaha. 

I'm not talking just the teams that were on the cusp of playing for a national  championship. To me, going 10-2 or better in the regular season is big winning at this point. I don't think any team that has done well lately in the Big 12 besides OU had many guys we couldn't have signed if we wanted to. Obviously they were great evals and developed their talent, but people keep acting like the guys we sign are constantly shitty. Many of them would've been all conference or all american types at other schools that didn't have a shitshow in the coaching department. Conversely, most of those guys wouldn't have done shit here.

There's some complacency that sets in when guys get to UT. They think they made it or something and coast. I think any coach here needs to be ready to ride their players all the time.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm not talking just the teams that were on the cusp of playing for a national  championship. To me, going 10-2 or better in the regular season is big winning at this point. I don't think any team that has done well lately besides OU in the Big 12 had many guys we couldn't have signed if we wanted to recruit them. Obviously they were great evals and developed their talent, but people keep acting like the guys we sign are constantly shitty. Many of them would've been all conference or all american types at other schools that didn't have a shitshow in the coaching department. Conversely, most of those guys wouldn't have done shit here.

Have you ever looked at the big 12 records year by year? lol. In 2018 two teams won 10 games or more and we won our 10th by winning our bowl game so that's an outlier honestly. In 2019 there were two teams that won 10 games or more. In 2020 not a single team won 10 games in the big 12. Covid year but iowa state played 12, both oklahoma teams played 11 so the conference kinda blows after oklahoma bud. The difference in us and them is that for 4 years under herman we chased stars and not scheme fits. The other top teams in the big 12 recruit to match their scheme and have been doing that consistently for years. If you recruit a kid like alfred collins for example and play him in a position he's not built for it doesn't matter if he gets better physically he will never look better on the field. 

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Have you ever looked at the big 12 records year by year? lol. In 2018 two teams won 10 games or more and we won our 10th by winning our bowl game so that's an outlier honestly. In 2019 there were two teams that won 10 games or more. In 2020 not a single team won 10 games in the big 12. Covid year but iowa state played 12, both oklahoma teams played 11 so the conference kinda blows after oklahoma bud. The difference in us and them is that for 4 years under herman we chased stars and not scheme fits. The other top teams in the big 12 recruit to match their scheme and have been doing that consistently for years. If you recruit a kid like alfred collins for example and play him in a position he's not built for it doesn't matter if he gets better physically he will never look better on the field. 

This is the problem and a lot of posters will discount it but damn if it isn't accurate.

Overshown was recruiting as a safety but ended up 6'4 by the time he hit campus. He was too big for safety, so they moved him to linebacker. He was too skinny for linebacker and even now only weighs 220 at 6'4, plus is playing a position he never played. Alfred Collins should be a 3tech and just let him eat in the B gap. He could be disruptive. There are so many examples of these kinds of bad fits all across the defense, and the team as a whole.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

No doubt and that's what will determine if Sark wins here. 

The problem is we have no NFL talent on this current roster outside of like 2 or 3 players. 

Bijan, Overshown, maybe Worthy? Alfred Collins potentially? Bama might have four first rounders. Were over here scraping to find four NFL guys

Our talent is a tricky problem.  I think we have talent in that we have a bunch of guys that are big, strong, fast, and dominated at the high school level against inferior athletes.  They likely test well, and so they look like they have a lot of talent.  Here's the deal - we only have a few FOOTBALL PLAYERS.  If you've ever played or coached sports, you know this is true; there are certain players that, for whatever reason, cannot or will not execute when confronted with a challenge.  It looks to me like we have a bunch of those guys.  Our guys get challenged and they fold.  Until those guys are rooted out, the results will be the same.