If this team hasn't quit.

naija

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Well that depends on how we define "talent", right?  I won't define talent based on some 9.95er's rankings. They've lied to us.  And they always do.  Our roster is limited.

It’s interesting that they didn’t lie to all Those other teams with good recruiting. Just us. Or maybe we don’t have a clue how to coach

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, VoteforHank said:

I graduated in ‘83. This may be the worst team I can recall, and I have seen some stinkers. QB play is especially bad. I mean like Garret Gilbert bad…

Exactly, Garrett Gilbert bad.  And a few others, too.

We had some shitass QBs between Colt and Shane/Sam.

We've had a few units, like OL, that have made us bad in the past, but I can't remember so much inadequacy at so many places on the field.  QB, OL, TE, WR.  LB, S.  I'll generously leave DL and CB off, but they're questionable at best.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

This team looks a lot different with a competent offensive line and just an average QB.  Card had no time to throw and when he did have time, he just held on to the fucking ball or airmailed it 20 feet over the WR’s head.  There are certain ways to scheme around a shitty o-line, but that relies on a QB that can actually make throws.  If you have that, then you can move the chains which means our defense is on the field less and they won’t get worn down in the 2nd half.  I’m willing to give Sark a pass and let him bring in his QB and see what happens.  

Just now, Assman said:

This team looks a lot different with a competent offensive line and just an average QB.  Card had no time to throw and when he did have time, he just held on to the fucking ball or airmailed it 20 feet over the WR’s head.  There are certain ways to scheme around a shitty o-line, but that relies on a QB that can actually make throws.  If you have that, then you can move the chains which means our defense is on the field less and they won’t get worn down in the 2nd half.  I’m willing to give Sark a pass and let him bring in his QB and see what happens.  

They could try coaching so that we don’t continually make the same mental mistakes every week. The number of missed assignments is insane.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

It’s interesting that they didn’t lie to all Those other teams with good recruiting. Just us. Or maybe we don’t have a clue how to coach

The top 4-8 teams always stockpile the true raw talent.  Everyone else fights for top- to mid- level 4 stars with the occasional 5 star mixed in.

I think the 9.95 crowd does its best to over-hype our players.  And when our decent 4 stars receive over-inflated rankings, they don't have the talent

or mindset to back it up.  Then when faced with adversity, they turtle up.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe we should play a couple of games before anointing ourselves as some sort of basketball power house. 

Yeah the amount of talking everyone is doing about how great the basketball team will be makes me think they’re going to suck. Or at least disappoint.

6 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

The top 4-8 teams always stockpile the true raw talent.  Everyone else fights for top- to mid- level 4 stars with the occasional 5 star mixed in.

I think the 9.95 crowd does its best to over-hype our players.  And when our decent 4 stars receive over-inflated rankings, they don't have the talent

We are getting better at excuses that much is true 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah the amount of talking everyone is doing about how great the basketball team will be makes me think they’re going to suck. Or at least disappoint.

You do realize you’ve been wrong on 99% of the claims you’ve made on this website, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Well yeah...next year is our year 

Doubtful for sure.

Hell I am so  dis-interested in this team I haven't even logged into this forum to be banned again.  Not worth it.

It was politics by the way, not disparaging Texas football.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Doubtful for sure.

Hell I am so  dis-interested in this team I haven't even logged into this forum to be banned again.  Not worth it.

It was politics by the way, not disparaging Texas football.

Dude, we all hate this team. And the staff. It won't be any better next year, either. This has been going on for 12 years, and it won't be stopping anytime soon, especially going to a harder conference. We're properly fucked for a good while. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've never actually hated a team the way i do with this one. 

Yea, first for me. I hate this team. I am pretty sure that Bijan was crying when he left the field. I am sure it's just the frustration of playing with entitled pussies while you battle with everything you got. Simply the most pathetic thing I have seen in sports.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Assman said:

We almost won a natty with that strategy. Of course that defense was really good. And the QB was heisman worthy (colt).

• Hook 'Em 1

Idk. I don’t want to start this whole stupid debate but I just don’t see how it’s coaching more than players at this point. Sark won 9 games year 1 at USC in a better Pac12 than this shitty conference. I really think these players are just soft as shit losers. The fact that we have to start Schooler and fucking Brockermeyer on defense says everything there needs to be said about our talent level

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, Mudcat35 said:

I would support taking the Longhorn decal off their helmets and make them earn it back.  What a bunch of softies.  I would say “pussies”, but I have too much respect for pussy.

We all know how this would go. First somewhat cohesive game and everybody proclaims ‘TEXAS IS BACK’

This sort of shit means jack shit to anybody but fans

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, we all hate this team. And the staff. It won't be any better next year, either. This has been going on for 12 years, and it won't be stopping anytime soon, especially going to a harder conference. We're properly fucked for a good while. 

Yep, you are correct.  Time to enjoy the outdoors and not waste anymore time watching this crap.  I have 90% recorded all games over the last few years and hate to say it,  turned it off.   Life is just too short.  Never go to games live any longer either.  Just a waste of money and time.

• Hook 'Em 1

There was a stretch end of 3rd / beginning of 4th where it seemed Schooler made about 7 tackles in a stretch of about 10 plays - I thought to myself how the fuck is this slapdick the only one tackling anybody?  An Oregon transfer that Herm used as a receiver.  And I am in no way trying to say he is worth a shit at all.  

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State have much less than we do. They all kicked our asses. This is a coaching issue. 

Football as we know, is about matchups.  We're not losing because teams are testing the corners for example.  Case in point the TD play to Kolar (or the other TE I don't recall of the top of my head).  Hall (who absolutely out talents most if not all of our D personnel) squirts out to the flat and draws Adimora to crash down on him while the TE (who out talents our TE room and most of the LBs) runs upfield.  Now it's up to Luke Brockermeyer to cover him and he's physically not able to get within 10 yards of the guy.  Backside help is one of the other spares at Safety, which neither schooler or foster (one of the most blatantly overrated players on the field) or Thompson have the athleticism to make it even contested.  We have eyes.  There's athletic liabilities up and down the field and I believe Herman's operation didn't know left from right when evaluating.  The little blurb they show is lazy ass narrative.  MacDonald IV would be an absolute godsend, as would eisworth and young.  They're coached well no doubt, but they have program stability and riddled with overachieving senior leaders much like OSU and to a lesser extent Baylor, and we're just none of those things.  This is what Herman and his buddies left us and the Texas recruiting industry will polish turds because we cream our pants at finishing top 10 in recruiting as copium for what we really are and there's lots of money to be made there.  Not to mention the stats don't reflect the reality of the 2018, 2019, or 2020 classes and where the talent actually is, because a ton of that isn't even on the field or on the roster.  I'm not even mentioning Arkansas, which is a team with hardly any talent holes and thus can play their brand of ball confidently.  Card, the scrub we all just watched, was rated a fucking .97 or some shit.  Questions have to be asked about talent evaluation around our program for the last few years.  I'm leaving Sark out of this aspect of the discussion until we see what he brings in, or rather what our prepubescent infrastructure allows him to bring in

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yeah, OU gets pretty comparable recruiting rankings to us, that is, short of the full boat of 5-stars that the Alabamas, Clemsons, tOSUs,and Georgias get and a few others, but still top-10 or near.

They don't always LOOK like the most talented team, because their rated talent, like ours, is kind of iffy.  But they have had coaching and scheme continuity for 20 years and they seem to find, keep and coach up quite a few outstanding talents.

The other teams, like us, that get "second tier top talent" rarely dominate their competition with lesser recruit rankings.  EaTme is actually a pretty good example too.

We don't have Alabama-level talent, and without it, it's a bit of a crapshoot.  Throw in coach turnover and incompetence and forgetaboutit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Assman said:

HiS QB is going to require a top level OL because his QB isn't a threat in the running game.   that is how you scheme around a shitty OL, you force the D to account for the QB as a run threat.  Personally it looks like Flood sucks donkey balls.

TLDR: He's never going to get a top level OL so we're fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Idk. I don’t want to start this whole stupid debate but I just don’t see how it’s coaching more than players at this point. Sark won 9 games year 1 at USC in a better Pac12 than this shitty conference. I really think these players are just soft as shit losers. The fact that we have to start Schooler and fucking Brockermeyer on defense says everything there needs to be said about our talent level

a-little-racist-confused.gif

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, OU gets pretty comparable recruiting rankings to us, that is, short of the full boat of 5-stars that the Alabamas, Clemsons, tOSUs,and Georgias get and a few others.

They don't always LOOK like the most talented team, because their rated talent, like ours, is kind of iffy.  But they have had coaching and scheme continuity for 20 years and they seem to find, keep and coach up quite a few outstanding talents.

The other teams, like us, that get "second tier top talent" rarely dominate their competition with lesser recruit rankings.

OU converted a WR to QB, beat us and won the Big 12.  but to your point they don't hire scrub coaches like we do.

55 minutes ago, Cajun said:

90% of these players are Texas Tech level players.

And that’s probably a bit generous.

This Roster is Overrated and Terrible...  

E_wfB98VcAsFnju?format=jpg&name=medium

E_wfB9-VkAkppMr?format=jpg&name=medium

Pretty obvious that SARK has a rebuild on his hands -- too many underachievers and mental midgets on this current Roster.  

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

This Roster is Overrated and Terrible...  

E_wfB98VcAsFnju?format=jpg&name=medium

E_wfB9-VkAkppMr?format=jpg&name=medium

Pretty obvious that SARK has a rebuild on his hands -- too many underachievers and mental midgets on this current Roster.  

Every position group outside of the RBs are straight trash and need to be completely overhauled via the portal. We need to completely rebuild through the portal like Michigan State did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

This is what Herman and his buddies left us and the Texas recruiting industry will polish turds.  Not to mention the stats don't reflect the reality of the 2018, 2019, or 2020 classes and where the talent actually is, because a ton of that isn't even on the field or on the roster.   Card, the scrub we all just watched, was rated a fucking .97 or some shit.  Questions have to be asked about talent evaluation around our program for the last few years.  I'm leaving Sark out of this aspect of the discussion until we see what he brings in, or rather what our prepubescent infrastructure allows him to bring in

Player evaluation also has to include getting more leaders -- neither Casey nor Hudson are good leaders. 

Besides Bijan, RoJo and Worthy who else really leads with their play on the field and in the locker room ??

All I see are a bunch of fuckin' mental midgets who might have some talent, but don't have what it takes when the bullets are flying.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Exactly, Garrett Gilbert bad.  And a few others, too.

We had some shitass QBs between Colt and Shane/Sam.

We've had a few units, like OL, that have made us bad in the past, but I can't remember so much inadequacy at so many places on the field.  QB, OL, TE, WR.  LB, S.  I'll generously leave DL and CB off, but they're questionable at best.

I had completely forgotten about Shane Buechele.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If I were him I would transfer to OU.  That way he is guaranteed to play this UT defense no matter what conference we are in and he can rack up 500 yards in one game guaranteeing him the Heisman.  

And I'd be happy for him at this point. This program needs to be burned down in the most decisive of ways, until there's no more vince young sized hype that haunts them. Texas does not need anymore well known or highly touted recruits. They need a bunch of unknown 4 stars that play from what our appropriate mentality should be now: Underdogs that are hungry to fight their way back to the top.