Roadhouse remake. Yep, guess we gotta do this.

Parliament

8 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

dr hella fine 

Yea, I liked her as Ratcatcher2 in Suicide Squad.    

I actually appreciated not having stereotypical blonde in the role - Portuguese women are some hotties.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Owner just handing out 5k a week.. clean crisp billls, no battin eyes.  

… I was thinking she was doing something fishy for that type of cash. 

Question - how much can a road house make? 

Edited by kingkoopa6

11 hours ago, ajax said:

Watching it right now. I'm cringing so hard every time Connor shows his stupid fucking face.

6 hours ago, wutang75 said:

CM wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting. He was a cartoon but it worked for me.

I think we agree he wasn't acting?  Like maybe the director never told him it was a movie at all?  Just go be the best Connor McGregor you can be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:
  Hide contents

It's open 24/7, and their patrons are such drunks that they keep commingling and listening to the band while a deranged person is beating other patrons with a golf club.

Spoiler

As a bar or a money laundering front?
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I always love in movies like this how the shitty backwoods bar has a deep lineup of really good 7 piece bands that are in the bar tuning their guitars and shit at 10am

Every body has to start somewhere.   My uncle owned a bar on Cape cod.  You know who you later In his bar once?  Demi Moore 

8 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

Was this a remake? Other than the name, being hired to help out a bar and friendly local business getting torched it didn't seem to be the same movie.

Did you not see the name of the diner next to the book store?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I always love in movies like this how the shitty backwoods bar has a deep lineup of really good 7 piece bands that are in the bar tuning their guitars and shit at 10am

You've obviously never gigged a bar with chicken wire around the stage. You want to spend as much time in the place as possible. 

Edited by Deej

10 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

About tree fiddy

The best part is when the meathead roid-raging leprechaun struts into the bar, screaming, smashing stuff and assaulting people...then grabs a random chick to dance with, yanking her away from her pissed off boyfriend. She gets up and follows him with a smile on a her face, because I assume that's standard bar procedure in Florida.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Porky’s always seemed to be well attended

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

The best part is when the meathead roid-raging leprechaun struts into the bar, screaming, smashing stuff and assaulting people...then grabs a random chick to dance with, yanking her away from her pissed off boyfriend. She gets up and follows him with a smile on a her face, because I assume that's standard bar procedure in Florida.

artworks-000213542032-o8t5ta-t500x500.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:29 PM, Celery Man said:

Depends on how much of a bar tab you run up

Make sure your band plays BOTH kinds.

On 3/23/2024 at 9:29 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Yeah I was laughing.  She was totally into him.  I wonder how that bit of writing/direction was intended to work?

On 1/24/2024 at 8:52 PM, henrygandorf said:

he plays an ex ufc fighter brought in to fix up the bar.  conor mcgregor is in the credits.

the only other names i noticed were lukas gage and billy magnussen, who would make a good rich dude bad guy.

doug liman knows what he's doing, so maybe it'll be decent.  i'll wait until someone here tells me about it.

comes out in march.

He was made to play rich dude bad guys. I first saw him in Ingrid Goes West and he almost stole the show.

I've never paid attention to MMA so does Conor McGregor usually walk like that?

I like Taylor Swift and listened to All to Well this weekend so normally my attitude toward Jake Gyllenhaal is “fuck you”, but I would let Road House JG tear this masterpiece all up. 

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

CM irl has some serious anger management issues.  How many times has he been arrested?  So in the final fight with JG, I literally believed he wanted to kill him.  Bro wasn’t acting.

Nothing he did in that flick could be considered acting.

• Haha 1