Texas is Hopeless….

Nueces River Rat

8 hours ago, Assman said:

This might be a stretch, but with the type of students getting admitted now, I think interest among alumni is going to diminish with every passing year.  When that happens, money dries up and so does the program.  We're on our way to being Cal and Stanford if we're not there yet.

Winner.  Aggie is going to opposite way in order the bankroll their football investment in both numbers and ability.

45 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Maybe instead of a huge portion of it designed to look like a giant Longhorn logo, it could be designed to look like a crowd of people watching a winning program?  

Certainly the cardboard cutouts used during the COVID restrictions are sitting in storage somewhere at DKR.  Problem solved!

7 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I'm no Brock apologist, but your take on that play is wrong imo.  Watch the replay, he was chop blocked, he was picked up in the whole an OL, just as the right guard went low on him, two guys engaing him simulatneously, I believe he was complaining to the ref about a chop block. I rewound the play and it looked like an illegal chop block to me.

I didn't say it wasn't a penalty that should've been called. I thought it was a poor look to get up and start screaming at a ref facing away from the play as the KU player took it to the house.

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You can only weaponize NIL if you’re winning.  Ask immamac about how much money is being raised/going to be raised while you fight KU to stay out of last place.

And the worries of UT ending up NW/Stanford are legit.  I know a dozen plus family members/friends who recently graduated or are attending UT and their favorite team is someone else.  They’re there for school.  

UT on a diploma is becoming an even bigger deal - that’s great but it also means your football team is going to be average to below average most years.  

I do believe this is our football future.  Hard to argue with it.  We've had 3 conference championships in in a quarter of a fucking century.  

I'm proud of my degree but football glory has likely faded into the history books.  We just don't give a fuck about winning.  

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I tried to get on board, but I couldn’t quite convince myself. It’s good to see that others share my opinion.

Like I said in the It’s Happening thread, if we have to live with this gimmick, provide free drinks to the donors who prefer camping out in the lounge in exchange for them giving up their seats to students, band, and other ordinary fans who will use the seats. Those donors are watching TV screens, anyway. 

It's the weird longhorn that makes it shit. If it was glass + seats - gimmicky longhorn I'd be okay with it. 

11 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Winner.  Aggie is going to opposite way in order the bankroll their football investment in both numbers and ability.

In order to?

New Orleans Pelicans Wtf GIF by NBA

Schools will admit the best students they can get. Aggy is not actively turning away elite students in order to bolster their fucking football fan base. 

20 hours ago, Assman said:

This might be a stretch, but with the type of students getting admitted now, I think interest among alumni is going to diminish with every passing year.  When that happens, money dries up and so does the program.  We're on our way to being Cal and Stanford if we're not there yet.

That is all according to plan. Texas has zero interest in being seen as a football school. I can bet they think it is beneath them. They will cash the checks but then spend it on women's water polo or whatever... You are correct regarding the type of student. 

1 hour ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

The weirdness here is pretty next level.  Someone actually made this.

Yeah, it's a weird reach to prove an irrelevant point.

Texas football is a dumpster fire, for sure.  One look around this message board will show you that NOBODY is more critical of the program than our own fans.

But it's actually pretty sad watching the Irrelevant 8 attempting to flex on this sad program.  If they couldn't ever get any relevance while Texas was in their conference, what hope do they have when we leave it?  #sad

9 hours ago, orangebird said:

Someone who is not a Texas fan pointed out to me that the SEZ looks like a giant uterus.  And now, goddammit, I can't unsee it.

Then again, a big gaping vagina seems to be the perfect symbol to represent the mediocrity of this program lately.

Too bad we don’t wear white at home, gives a whole new meaning running into the locker room at halftime 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, it's a weird reach to prove an irrelevant point.

Texas football is a dumpster fire, for sure.  One look around this message board will show you that NOBODY is more critical of the program than our own fans.

But it's actually pretty sad watching the Irrelevant 8 attempting to flex on this sad program.  If they couldn't ever get any relevance while Texas was in their conference, what hope do they have when we leave it?  #sad

It is sad and it’s crazy that Texas will never be irrelevant no matter how bad we are. Shit nearly every crowd this year no matter what part of the country or context you can pause and find a horns down. Why? It’s truly an amazing study of fan psychology why Texas not winning football games makes everyone else feel better about themselves. And then feel the need to display publicly that I care about your team doing poorly instead of what our team is currently doing.  As soon as that stops (which it wont) then we are irrelevant. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

It is sad and it’s crazy that Texas will never be irrelevant no matter how bad we are. Shit nearly every crowd this year no matter what part of the country or context you can pause and find a horns down. Why? It’s truly an amazing study of fan psychology why Texas not winning football games makes everyone else feel better about themselves. And then feel the need to display publicly that I care about your team doing poorly instead of what our team is currently doing.  As soon as that stops (which it wont) then we are irrelevant. 

Exactly.  The ags especially, love to talk about how we're irrelevant.  And yet on EVERY single ag broadcast I've watched this year, I've seen ags in the stands doing the horns-down.  If they just ignored us, we might actually go away. 

But they can't, and we won't.

I'm actually trying to see how Texas can regain revalency and ... it's a dark picture ahead. You have to have good lineman to compete and Texas isn't producing nearly as many ... and the ones they are aren't coming to Texas because there hasn't been any tradition of advancing linemen in a long time. 

You can get all the skill players you want (we still don't have a legit QB and only 1 legit WR so that's another issue) but if you can't block and then play defense to get pressure on a QB you're not winning against decent teams. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I'm actually trying to see how Texas can regain revalency and ... it's a dark picture ahead. You have to have good lineman to compete and Texas isn't producing nearly as many ... and the ones they are aren't coming to Texas because there hasn't been any tradition of advancing linemen in a long time. 

You can get all the skill players you want (we still don't have a legit QB and only 1 legit WR so that's another issue) but if you can't block and then play defense to get pressure on a QB you're not winning against decent teams. 

This.

Texas HS let Mike Leach’s crazy-ass system become the norm now. So this state produces shit for linemen and linebackers. Now, with the right coaching, maybe you can build those kids into something…but in the Big 12, all these schools do is focus on outscoring each other. 

There’s a reason a national champion hasn’t come from Texas/Oklahoma since 2005. By 2010, all that we were getting from TX HS football was 7-on-7 talent. That doesn’t match up real well with SEC speed and size…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Still not as bad as Saturday, but I remember when Akers took a #1 ranked Texas team into Fayettnam and got his fucking doors blown off to the tune of 50-something to not a whole lot.

It happens from time to time....   I had to go look it up and that was 1981 and we lost 42-11 .   We ended up 10-1-1 (Tied Cougar High 14-14) and beat Bama in Cotton Bowl 14-12

Hard to hold that whopping against him. 

21 hours ago, Bernard said:

Anyone who voted to approve this eye sore should be banned from the spectator sports industry for life.

Take poll of any person who has ever attended a college football game or even seen one on TV and ask them which is better…

BC844D44-8E21-4F78-A591-D8B8D4DC62C7.jpeg

9A147EB8-C074-4F64-AB05-56895CAB206A.jpeg

Bernard

I had flipped over to BBall game and flipped back right when OT was starting, but did we actually choose to defend on that side of the field?? (Maybe there weren't any fans on other end either at that point in OT... don't know)

45 minutes ago, JWinTX said:

This.

Texas HS let Mike Leach’s crazy-ass system become the norm now. So this state produces shit for linemen and linebackers. Now, with the right coaching, maybe you can build those kids into something…but in the Big 12, all these schools do is focus on outscoring each other. 

There’s a reason a national champion hasn’t come from Texas/Oklahoma since 2005. By 2010, all that we were getting from TX HS football was 7-on-7 talent. That doesn’t match up real well with SEC speed and size…

I was going to type this argument last night but I wasn't up for the fights I assumed it would start. Texas High School coaches all think they have talent deficits and they see running the Leach system as a way to get their crappy Jimmys to match up with another team's better Joes. That air raid system is the great equalizer in their minds--"look what Tech did with it with those 2 stars...." Go watch just about any high school game, and you will see spread v. spread. The most athletic players get moved to offense--and often times to the skill spots. It works 90% of the time 30% of the time.  

TLDR:  Leach ruined Texas high school football.

• Hook 'Em 1

I talked to a customer of mine who’s son is with the coaching staff of a big 12 team. His son told him before they played us that as long as it’s close in the third quarter and the oline holds up they will beat Texas. The dad thought he was too confident but the son said our players are not in shape. Said our S&C is terrible. After they beat us he said the players told the coaches you could see it in our eyes. We had given up. 

• Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, orangebird said:

Someone who is not a Texas fan pointed out to me that the SEZ looks like a giant uterus.  And now, goddammit, I can't unsee it.

Then again, a big gaping vagina seems to be the perfect symbol to represent the mediocrity of this program lately.

Another surly poster described Sark as looking like "a retarded Eskimo". 

I can't unsee that, either. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

There's 17 threads i could have posted this in, ill just throw it in here.

Screenshot_20211115-175941_Instagram.thumb.jpg.db62f8c4a92350e02667ea439b2049e9.jpg

You know when I am sitting there in the meetings rooms and on the sideline I hear that a lot. Stupid fucking take. We yell on message boards and have zero input during prep or on game day.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

You know when I am sitting there in the meetings rooms and on the sideline I hear that a lot. Stupid fucking meme. We yell on message boards and have zero input during prep or on game day.

Agree, it's one of the laziest, most tired, and stupidest things repeated on message boards.  

19 hours ago, orangebird said:

Welcome cold handed ones

2DF1F1AE-D408-49F6-B674-AC340E7FBC39.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

I talked to a customer of mine who’s son is with the coaching staff of a big 12 team. His son told him before they played us that as long as it’s close in the third quarter and the oline holds up they will beat Texas. The dad thought he was too confident but the son said our players are not in shape. Said our S&C is terrible. After they beat us he said the players told the coaches you could see it in our eyes. We had given up. 

How does that happen? How do we end up with terrible S&C? What, Sark hired Becton and said “so whatever the fuck you want with their training”?

11 hours ago, B00M said:

In order to?

New Orleans Pelicans Wtf GIF by NBA

Schools will admit the best students they can get. Aggy is not actively turning away elite students in order to bolster their fucking football fan base. 

No they aren't. but they are taking a ton more students each year that UT.  You haven't read the articles of kids sitting on the floor in classrooms and Aggies even admitting that they have become a diploma mill?  Kids who used to get Blynn Team are now getting in the University.  Sharp has said that he wants to create a huge alumni network much like what has existed for UT in the past.  

7 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I had flipped over to BBall game and flipped back right when OT was starting, but did we actually choose to defend on that side of the field?? (Maybe there weren't any fans on other end either at that point in OT... don't know)

This was the crowd just before the end of regulation. Pretty sparse all around.  Sadly, this was also the loudest the stadium had been all night. 

Bernard

179DF767-9D60-433F-807F-BD340F3157BA.jpeg