Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

With all of this scintillating talk about the lack of need for AR-15, have we missed any new mass shootings? Are they still news in this country? If somebody hoses down a senior prom with one of those, don't bother telling us. It doesn't count.

Nope, guess the guns decided they weren't going to leave their safe and go kill people this weekend.  

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm utterly puzzled as to why you think deaths of pre-teens should be accounted differently than deaths of teens, or even deaths of 18-19 year old teens.

What is your fucking point?  

You're utterly puzzled why we break down statistics to find trends?  Interesting. 

• Fuck You 1

You know we're getting serious about protecting the lives of young people in this country when the library book habits and fatal shootings of 18 year old seniors as the line of demarcation.  A totally normal sign of an advanced empire.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You're utterly puzzled why we break down statistics to find trends?  Interesting. 

I'm pretty sure you're looking to point to a tilt toward death as age increases, which lets you apply your bigotry to them universally being "thugs".

Am I warm?

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nope, guess the guns decided they weren't going to leave their safe and go kill people this weekend.  

OK, let's talk about trends amongst children and teens UNDER THE AGE OF 18. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 12.56.25 PM.png

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

OK, let's talk about trends amongst children and teens UNDER THE AGE OF 18. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 12.56.25 PM.png

That's disturbing.  BUT, in good news, firearms are no longer the leading cause of death of children.  Just like that, we're back to auto accidents.  

• Fuck You 3

50% increase.  Probably due to there being more kids under 18 since 1999?  People get older, duh?

Oh wait, will more guns solve this?  Good guys?  Good teens?  Armed toddlers?  There's gotta be a quick fix in here somewhere.

Ah yes, automobiles.  That totally emboldened constitutional right with no regulation, safety, or oversight.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

All it tells me is I need to start donating to LaPierre again.  Embezzling and mistress lifestyle be damned.  

You forgot the infiltration by Russia spies.  I see that does not bother you. Your willingness to donate to these pieces of shit says all we need to know about your similarity to them. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You forgot the infiltration by Russia spies.  I see that does not bother you. Your willingness to donate to these pieces of shit says all we need to know about your similarity to them. 

Never even knew about it.  Have been off my radar since I quit, and said I'd return once LaPierre was gone.   But I'll dig around and see what I can find; I assume it was a big story?

• Fuck You 2

Aside from him being off by up to 12 months in his example, yes, that is the current status of our laws.    Does it make sense, I'm ok with letting someone you'll send to war have access to a firearm to hunt or protect themselves at home, yes. 

Wasn’t off by any months. She is currently 15. We have been working on the requirements for a permit and DL over the last 8 months, you know, since public safety concerns dictate that a car operator be safe.

When she turns 16, having complied with all of these requirements, then she can drive a car. 24 months to the day from that day she can buy an AR-15 with zero licensure, registration, or training.

And we weren’t only discussing whether she should be able to have one at all but why there is no requirement for supervision, registration, insurance, training, or licensure when an AR-15 is orders of magnitude more dangerous than a car. And not only that, but the cunts that you and yours put into power like Abbott, BRAG about this fact.
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Never even knew about it.  Have been off my radar since I quit, and said I'd return once LaPierre was gone.   But I'll dig around and see what I can find; I assume it was a big story?

Not shocked.  Those of your political persuasion often self -censure your input of non-MAGA approved news sources.     If you watched the non-Fox world it would have been impossible to miss.  it was discussed at length here.  The Russian female NRA plant pled guilty, went to jail here, was deported, and rewarded by Putin upon return. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

If you watched the non-Fox world it would have been impossible to miss.  it was discussed at length here.  The Russian female NRA plant pled guilty, went to jail here, was deported, and rewarded by Putin upon return. 

I only get my news here. Maybe I read it and it’s already out the other side.  Doesn’t ring a bell, tho.  Am I surprised, not really.  Someone should start a new org in its place. 

The part that dumbfounds me is the logical pretzel that they get into over nowhere being safe so we need more guns when the reason it's not safe is there are too many nuts with guns.  So instead of restricting access to guns we have to all armor up and open carry because the only answer to crazy people with guns is more guns.

Then we get people who go looking for violence vigilante style and instead of holding them to account we talk about pardons because they shot someone open carrying which is a position they support but then they have to back track to say that it was the wrong kinda guy open carrying and because he was peacefully walking in the street he deserved to be shot.

But then a woman is breaking through a window in a building she broke into gets shot by law enforcement and she's a hero even though she was violent at the time and the police officer was trying to prevent more violence against the people he was there to protect and he's a thug.

So

• The answer to too many guns is more guns and open carry
  • But open carry peacefully in the wrong crowd and a vigilante should take you out
  • But a violent person breaking into a building should not be shot by law enforcement and the cop is a thug
  • If someone had shot Kyle Rittenhouse for open carrying and pointing his gun at people they would throw a fit
  • Garret Foster get's shot for open carrying and that's cool, pardon the murderer

So all this leads to shootouts in the street between people of different political bents and I think that's exactly what Russia wants and their investment in the NRA has paid off more than they could have ever dreamed.

• Hook 'Em 5

56 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I only get my news here. Maybe I read it and it’s already out the other side.  Doesn’t ring a bell, tho.  Am I surprised, not really.  Someone should start a new org in its place. 

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Not shocked.  Those of your political persuasion often self -censure your input of non-MAGA approved news sources.     If you watched the non-Fox world it would have been impossible to miss.  it was discussed at length here.  The Russian female NRA plant pled guilty, went to jail here, was deported, and rewarded by Putin upon return. 

The old "Interesting, I'll have to look into that" = I cannot admit I am wrong.   

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I couldn't care less if I tried.  I think it's curious why the public focus' on gun deaths here, but not there.  And when it's committed by this type of weapon, but not another.  The left specifically avoids discussing Chicago for several reasons.  It's a D run city, it has very strict gun laws, and it's a calling card for the R's.  The R's like to point out the failure Lightfoot had there, the failure of their strict gun laws, and likely some racial component to it.  So, it is taboo to discuss, I guess.   But infatuation, hardly.  Just pointing to more hypocrisy.   It is very sad that so many "others" tend to get caught up in the gang shootings.  But losing sleep over a dead or shot gang member, lol, no. 

You must follow Gym Jordan’s twitter. 

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well I’m certainly not going to just take his word for it. 

either you're the biggest dumbass this side of the pecos or you're a liar. i refuse to believe any normal person who knows the name lapierre is unaware of the name butina. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

either you're the biggest dumbass this side of the pecos or you're a liar. i refuse to believe any normal person who knows the name lapierre is unaware of the name butina. 

If it happened after the mistress, yachts, and 10k suits came out, then I missed it.  Closing in on a decade since they've gotten any money from me, maybe 7-8 years.  

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

If it happened after the mistress, yachts, and 10k suits came out, then I missed it.  Closing in on a decade since they've gotten any money from me, maybe 7-8 years.  

Butina (the literal Russian spy) WAS one of the mistresses - she flipped on Paul Erikson to secure several felony convictions. 

Convictions that were of course pardoned by trump in the literal 11th hour of his presidency. And since you don't watch the news: Rudy got caught on tape saying that him and trump were charging $2m per pardon

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

i don't believe you.

and i only think we've barely scratched the surface on the shit butina was up to with the nra and the republicans in general. there's a reason she's sitting on the duma back in russia now. she fucked (or tried) every limp white old man dick in the republican party, including lapierre, but no doubt more.

butina got trump (and tons of others) elected. she was the conduit through which russia funnelled money through the nra into countless republican campaigns.

but of course you knew that.

and of course you helped trump get elected, because you voted for him.

here's what i don't understand: why lie? is it trolling? are you just looking to stir up shit? i mean, it's obvious that this topic is of extreme interest to you, as was the trump presidency. you joined in 2018, but i imagine you were here before. nevertheless, this story was front and center at that time. 

you knew about it. you jerked off to this woman.

Curious path of Siberian gun lover accused of spying on US

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 1:18 AM, bolverk said:

Fve7Pn5XsAExTay?format=jpg&name=medium

Our little community has one non-denominational church comprised mainly of Boomers.   Attendance is probably 100 per service average.  I bet 20% of them are carrying, and at least 4 or 5 of them are praying something happens so they can defend their church with their good guy plan.  

On 5/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, Brisketexan said:

Really? You don’t think that gun-owning parents who have teens going through stages of angst should take responsibility and lock their guns away and hide the key?
Because 1) that prevents youth suicides, and 2) I sure as fuck did it. But, glad to know you don’t care about kids getting dad’s gun and ending it all. After all…they aren’t YOUR kids, and as we’ve established, we could be talking about all the pain, loss, and suffering in the world, and so long as it isn’t YOUR kids, you don’t care. Hell, you NEGATIVE care.

Saw one of the senators for LA on last Sunday and he was going on about a federal tax credit for the purchase of gun safes.  It just didn't sit well with me, for the non gun owners to have to pay for these people to be responsible.  But I guess a buyback would be the same.  I would be more in favor though that the tax credit be funded by increased taxes on guns and ammo.  Several red states have already passed a bill like this, without the additional taxation of course. 

On the feral hog issue, several years back I read a couple of articles on hog control vs eradication that was based on some studies done by land grant colleges (can't remember which ones.)

They found that when a group of hogs was targeted by hunters, the survivors of that kill would move away from the killing area and look for new territory.  The assumption was that the hogs felt safer in a new place they hadn't been hunted in.  Also, they would break up and form new pods out of the one larger one.    Say 50 hogs and 10 were killed.  The remaining 40 would break into 2 or more groups and part ways, setting up new colonies on fresh ground.   
This caused the spread of the population much faster and further than the study sample that was left un-hunted.   The hogs would maintain smaller populations on established territory.    The study suggested the use of fencing and sterilization baits to further reduce the colony size.    

So the studies were stating that hunting/trapping the hogs was making the problem worse, not better.   

But now I can't find any hint of those studies.  Now you look for hog control, it's all poisons and assault rifles.  

I just can't help feeling the NRA and gun lobby has shut down those studies and wiped them as best they can, since feral hogs is one of the better excuses they have for selling that type of weaponry.  

Maybe someone else remembers those articles?   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Well, I'm convinced.  Because 26 people were shot in Chicago, we should do nothing about school children being shot.

Tell me you don't care about dead children mutilated beyond recognition by their own parents because freedom, rights, constitutions, amendments, self defense, defense of family, protection of home, hunting, and sport shooting.  I think you're more wrong than right, but I can see your rationale.  I've made it myself at times.  

But tell me you don't care about dead children mutilated beyond recognition by their own parents because some brown and black fellows in Chicago shorted some colleagues of some cash or drugs and shot one another?  You're using the loss of human life to justify why other loss of human life does not matter to people like you who are apparently "pro-life."  I mean, it's not even mental gymnastics.  It's a meth-fueled Kerri Strug vault into the abyss of whatever lies beyond MAGA level stupidity.  The imagination cannot even picture it, it's so beyond the pale.  Kids have to die because some bad people in Chicago confine their shootouts to activities that we can all easily avoid and that somehow has to do with deer season?  I mean?  Even old longcat posts from drunken Guest Lobo make more sense and that's saying something.  

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

here's what i don't understand: why lie? is it trolling? are you just looking to stir up shit? i mean, it's obvious that this topic is of extreme interest to you,

I’m not lying. I didn’t get into the Russia thing other than Ana taking a side and the rest taking the other. To be honest, I thought I remember him claiming his side was correct once everything  came out?  If she was involved in the election/Russia stuff, I not only didn’t read it but never even understood the players other than: Russia-Trump campaign.  

Issues on the 2nd are of interest to me, I don’t give much of a fuck about issues with Trump.  And ftr, I only voted for him in ‘16.  Also, Capts talk about pay for pardoning was first I’ve seen of that, as well. You can believe it or not. 

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not lying. I didn’t get into the Russia thing other than Ana taking a side and the rest taking the other. To be honest, I thought I remember him claiming his side was correct once everything  came out?  If she was involved in the election/Russia stuff, I not only didn’t read it but never even understood the players other than: Russia-Trump campaign.  

Issues on the 2nd are of interest to me, I don’t give much of a fuck about issues with Trump.  And ftr, I only voted for him in ‘16.  Also, Capts talk about pay for pardoning was first I’ve seen of that, as well. You can believe it or not. 

He sure tried hard to make it seem that way.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

You must follow Gym Jordan’s twitter. 

Man, so even Jim Jordan is in agreement that we need to do something about the guns. Never thought I'd see the day! Thanks Jim, for highlighting the issue that's a scourge on our society. 

44 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

that's some willfill assed ignorance, or you are a troll. seriously, you want us to believe that the biggest nra/russia/trump/republican scandal of the past five years (and please understand that i do know that they were busy fucking years) just slipped past your awareness? you, mr big gun advocate? fuck outta here, dude.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you want us to believe that the biggest nra/russia/trump/republican scandal of the past five years (and please understand that i do know that they were busy fucking years) just slipped past your awareness? you, mr big gun advocate?

I told you I never understood the players in the Russian election scandal, and at that point just waited for it to be sorted.  Fuck, I don't even know what eventually came of it.  In that time we had 1/6, Dobbs, Uvalde, Justice Thomas shit, etc.     

I participate on the fringe of most CR discussions; I don't live it day in and out like many here. 

21 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

That's disturbing.  BUT, in good news, firearms are no longer the leading cause of death of children.  Just like that, we're back to auto accidents.  

this is a seriously awful fucking post and you should really consider re-evaluating some aspects of your life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I told you I never understood the players in the Russian election scandal, and at that point just waited for it to be sorted.  Fuck, I don't even know what eventually came of it.  In that time we had 1/6, Dobbs, Uvalde, Justice Thomas shit, etc.     

I participate on the fringe of most CR discussions; I don't live it day in and out like many here. 

Congrats. Russian disinformation and bill barr have led you by the nose, you completely uncritical useful idiot. 

No wonder you singularly care about guns and nothing else. You're apparently literally incapable of thinking about or following more than one thing at once. The Butina story broke in twenty fucking eighteen. She was sentenced in 2019. And then we got the trump spin on the Mueller report, which was a complete fabrication and unsupported by the report itself. 

So you, being a very fine and very smart graduate of The University of Texas, decide that the truth is unpossible to truly pick out, and it must be somewhere in the middle? Somewhere between the verifiable facts and court proceedings and jury findings, and whatever some trumpist fascists says without evidence?? 

Give me a fucking break. You must be trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

My daughter is waiting to board a flight to Rome to study abroad for the summer.

Isn’t it sad that I had a fleeting thought “At least she’s not in danger of getting shot on campus” when I was ruminating on how much I’m going to miss her?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Certainly understandably.  I remember when I would travel to mexico or Spain to live on and off and my mother would be terrified.  Got into a couple sticky situations in Mexico but managed to get out of 'em.  But lived and worked for a long while in Spain and Portugal and as scared as my mom was, it was nothing compared to how fucking terrified I am that my daughter has to come up with active shooter/blood triage training in fucking elementary school.

To your point, how fucking weird is it that given what happens on U.S. campuses, the idea of a bunch of creepy Italians is now the least of your worries when it comes to your children?  But here we are... 

• Hook 'Em 1