CDC letter

bullet

Quick look and I don't see this anywhere.  CDC's weekly letter:  https://texassports.com/news/2021/11/16/forty-acres-insider-nov-16.aspx

"...With all that said, it's important that we discuss the reality of the situation facing Coach Sark and our Football program. It came up in Monday's press conference and is something we've talked about. This isn't to cast any blame or make excuses; it's just factual that we have some real depth issues. As injuries mount, it's even more glaring. When you look at it, 52% of our 2018 signing class and 46% of the 2019 class are no longer here. That's nearly half of the student-athletes from two classes that were ranked as the third-best in the nation and should be making up the juniors and seniors on our roster today. Overall since 2018, we've lost 33 percent of the last four classes. That's a lot of attrition to manage. And when it rains, it pours. We had 25 guys miss practice last week due to a flu bug and virus and missed three others who were out due to COVID-19 protocols...."

I am far from down on CDC he did not fuck the football program that is for sure and those calling for his head wanted tom fired even though it was clear there was no great replacement for him other than a fingerbanging idiot with heart issues.....but 100% of the Kansas roster is Kansas quality players.....end of message

• Hook 'Em 1

We didn't lose to that team of 2-stars last weekend because half of our 4-stars transferred out.

I'm more than happy to lay some of the blame at Herman's feet for not being able to keep or develop the talent he brought in.  But that damn sure doesn't explain all of it.  We were pretty good for 5.5 games and we've gotten progressively worse over the last 4.5 games.  And I'm not at all sure that our injury problems are any worse than anyone else's in the middle of a season.

So what other possible explanation could there be that maybe CDC wouldn't want to talk about?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Oh, well then all is well, right Chris? We just need to learn to live with losing to Kansas every once in a while.

Speaking of Kansas, how’s their depth? How does their talent compare to ours? 

You didn’t hear? Kansas had no injured or sick players at all!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I am far from down on CDC he did not fuck the football program that is for sure and those calling for his head wanted tom fired even though it was clear there was no great replacement for him other than a fingerbanging idiot with heart issues.....but 100% of the Kansas roster is Kansas quality players.....end of message

And yet I still say if you thought you could hire that fingerbanger with the heart problems, it should still be done.  But other than that kind of home run hire, I’m for staying the course

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i would imagine cdc is under tremendous pressure to shield the cigars and the tower for the next 2 weeks

Yeah, at this point, since he didn't make this mess, he's got to try to calm the fanbase a little and keep sales up.

I mean, what the fuck is he supposed to say?

Sorry, folks, we screwed the pooch?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Which isn't what he did there.

CDC isn't the problem.

Yes he did. Come on dude. He blamed the roster for us struggling to beat Kansas. He’s trying to shift blame away from Sark to Herman and the current roster. 

As I said in the CDC thread, he has been great for baseball and basketball. I haven’t wanted him fired until today. It’s unacceptable for the AD and is a horrible look for the university.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, at this point, since he didn't make this mess, he's got to try to calm the fanbase a little and keep sales up.

I mean, what the fuck is he supposed to say?

Sorry, folks, we screwed the pooch?

Why did he need to say anything. He could have said “it’s been a tough season but I have full confidence in our coaching staff to turn this ship around.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It is. After he proceeds to make excuses and say “hey our roster isn’t good enough”. 

... and blows smoke up the fanbases' ass and begs to keep spending money on the shit before the game.

"Wind Beneath My Wings?"  What the fuck is that... was he wearing a feather boa when he wrote this shit?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder what happens if he goes 4-8.

They're not firing him even if he goes 4-8. CDC just laid out that Sark needs players. He built in an excuse for him for this season. Anyone else wanting Sark or CDC fired isn't living in reality. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

They're not firing him even if he goes 4-8. CDC just laid out that Sark needs players. He built in an excuse for him for this season. Anyone else wanting Sark or CDC fired isn't living in reality. 

This is correct. Neither of them are going anywhere or this letter never would have been written

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

They might fire him. They should fire him for losing to Kansas. That should be the red line for any Texas coach. 

But they probably won't and it wouldn't solve any of the systemic problems that plague the football program.

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You’re not wrong. But it doesn’t change that CDC and Sark are fully in PR mode trying to shift blame off of themselves. Which is my problem with all of it.

This is what every program does when they have a dumpster fire year. 

They're trying to sell recruits on instant playing time. What do you want them to sell other than the "roster is bad and come get playing time"? 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They might fire him. They should fire him for losing to Kansas. That should be the red line for any Texas coach. 

But they probably won't and it wouldn't solve any of the systemic problems that plague the football program.

In the unlikely event that you could hire Urban or Dabo, I’m firing him regardless of the problems seemingly fed by high coaching turnover.  Short of that, it’s stay the course for me

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

In the unlikely event that you could hire Urban or Dabo, I’m firing him regardless of the problems seemingly fed by high coaching turnover.  Short of that, it’s stay the course for me

Part of me wants to just say fuck it and let him coach out his contract no matter what happens.

Furk.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Agree with this statement.

I suspect a big part of our problem is the turnover in staffs resulting in player turnover and lost development time.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, burdine said:

Agree with this statement.

I suspect a big part of our problem is the turnover in staffs resulting in player turnover and lost development time.

Yeah, I agree.  I think we had some misplaced confidence that Herman was the guy to finish the rebuild, then we realized he was his own destructive force.  Meaning, not only not winning enough games, but corroding his team from within.

I wish I had more confidence that Sarkisian was that guy.  He could actually be, but there are a shitload of questions right now.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

We didn't lose to that team of 2-stars last weekend because half of our 4-stars transferred out.

I'm more than happy to lay some of the blame at Herman's feet for not being able to keep or develop the talent he brought in.  But that damn sure doesn't explain all of it.  We were pretty good for 5.5 4.5 games and we've gotten progressively worse over the last 4.5 games.  And I'm not at all sure that our injury problems are any worse than anyone else's in the middle of a season.

So what other possible explanation could there be that maybe CDC wouldn't want to talk about?

I went ahead and fixed that for you.  There wasn't anything other than a fecal storm in the Arkansas game.  Other than that, spot on.  Of all the Big 12 program rebuilds in the last 14 years, this one is the only one that incorporated losing at home to Kansas.

Edited by Intruder
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I agree.  I think we had some misplaced confidence that Herman was the guy to finish the rebuild, then we realized he was his own destructive force.  Meaning, not only not winning enough games, but corroding his team from within.

I wish I had more confidence that Sarkisian was that guy.  He could actually be, but there are a shitload of questions right now.

I don't know if he is THE GUY for head coach.

I don't think we have enough data to know.

He has had one off season, one staff and literally one recruit of his own in Worthy.

I know the early outcomes suck but making decisions based on limited outcomes is risky.

I do see positive things on offense which is his side of the ball.

I think the defense was not constructed right and he needs to own that.  But I would be more concerned if I saw more problems on his side of the ball like we all did with Herman on offense.

I think we should be uncertain whether he is or isn't the guy at this time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

but until we figure that out that it takes discipline, commitment, toughness and accountability all of the time, we're going to be swimming upstream. That's the message to the guys. It's about being a true competitor and competing with that mindset. We didn't do that on Saturday.

He is not wrong.

Edited by F250