LSU offers Lincoln Riley massive contract?

lilMAC25

Someone show the work on LSU being significantly better off financially than OU? Find that hard to believe given what the AD and school have faced in recent years. OU is not letting Riley walk over money. LSU would have to make an offer that OU cannot even come close to matching.

And yeah, Riley at LSU could be a dynasty that we have to deal with for decades. But I’m pretty fucking tired of him at OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Someone show the work on LSU being significantly better off financially than OU? Find that hard to believe given what the AD and school have faced in recent years. OU is not letting Riley walk over money. LSU would have to make an offer that OU cannot even come close to matching.

And yeah, Riley at LSU could be a dynasty that we have to deal with for decades. But I’m pretty fucking tired of him at OU.

They’re not but they spend money like drunken sailors (see also: aggy).  Castiglione is buttoned up and calculated.  

FWIW you all spend money like that too but can actually afford it.  

Anyone starting to feel like the LSU job is being used by everyone to leverage out a raise, but nobody wants to be the one stuck with the job in the end.

Not sure if it is the shithole BR, or the Title IX issues, or the smoke about a pending NCAA NOA that extended beyond basketball, or something else, but it seems a tad suspicious that everyone leaks out LSU being interested in them and then boom, they get a raise/extension.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Anyone starting to feel like the LSU job is being used by everyone to leverage out a raise, but nobody wants to be the one stuck with the job in the end.

Not sure if it is the shithole BR, or the Title IX issues, or the smoke about a pending NCAA NOA that extended beyond basketball, or something else, but it seems a tad suspicious that everyone leaks out LSU being interested in them and then boom, they get a raise/extension.

That reminds me of the last Texas head baseball coach "search." 

Every D1 head baseball coach worth shit got a raise out of not going to Texas.

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

That reminds me of the last Texas head baseball coach "search." 

Every D1 head baseball coach worth shit got a raise out of not going to Texas.

Thats the thing. Who ends up with it in the end and how much shit does the new guy have to eat because he is viewed a LSUs 3rd or 4th tier candidate..

I am almost to the point that I think its an NFL guy and they are just letting this shit keep being crazy to keep the recruits interested...

9 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m sure Feldman is pretty plugged in, and he’s not hedging at all. Don’t think Riley is happening. 

The LSU boards hate Feldman. Apparently, his "source" is Ed O's camp because they're buddies. 

They're been saying for weeks not to trust anything from Feldman so we will see who is right here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The LSU boards hate Feldman. Apparently, his "source" is Ed O's camp because they're buddies. 

They're been saying for weeks not to trust anything from Feldman so we will see who is right here. 

Yeah I know he co-wrote O’s book with him or something like that (wonder who did most of the writing), but at this point I’m not sure what good it does him doubling down on bad info. 

We’ll see, I’ve always mostly liked Feldman. Would be disappointing to see him use his reporter cred to carry water for his dipshit buddy. 

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah I know he co-wrote O’s book with him or something like that (wonder who did most of the writing), but at this point I’m not sure what good it does him doubling down on bad info. 

We’ll see, I’ve always mostly liked Feldman. Would be disappointing to see him use his reporter cred to carry water for his dipshit buddy. 

Either way, it will be an interesting few days because LSU definitely thinks it’s going be Riley. 

But this wouldn’t be the first time a deal hasn’t crossed the finish line. LSU is gonna be screwed if they put all their eggs in the Riley basket and last minute he bails. 

It would take a miracle to pull the head coach from ou. For starters,  they'll be in the SEC soon, then you add in that ou is a pretty damn good place to coach, even better than LSU if you factor in the toxicity. A lot would have had to go LSUs way. Never was going to happen. Plus, what's Lincoln ever built? Roll of the dice for him, 5 years down the road and he's coaching at Arkansas St. 

Have a better shot at Jimbo, he would do well there, and he might be seeing the ceiling at a&m. 

You ever read Tiger Droppings? That’s a pretty strong endorsement of Feldman.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

You ever read Tiger Droppings? That’s a pretty strong endorsement of Feldman.

I actually like Feldman and think he's generally reliable but I get where LSU fans are coming from with this particular context. He's not exactly an objective source on this subject matter when he has a close relationship with Ed O.  

Edited by texasstrong12

6 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I might be in the minority but I hope OUsux keeps Riley. He’s a mediocre coach imho and I’m substantially worried OU is gonna hire Meyer or a better coach. 

I’d love a mediocre coach who got us into the playoffs multiple times while winning the conference 4 out of 5 years.

instead our mediocre coach is 5-7.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

It would take a miracle to pull the head coach from ou. For starters,  they'll be in the SEC soon, then you add in that ou is a pretty damn good place to coach, even better than LSU if you factor in the toxicity. A lot would have had to go LSUs way. Never was going to happen. Plus, what's Lincoln ever built? Roll of the dice for him, 5 years down the road and he's coaching at Arkansas St. 
Have a better shot at Jimbo, he would do well there, and he might be seeing the ceiling at a&m. 

Are there really posters on this site who would take Jimbo over Riley at this point in their careers? Torbush.

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Are there really posters on this site who would take Jimbo over Riley at this point in their careers? Torbush.

I'm not taking one over the other, just pointing out what might be more real for LSU.  Unless you're an NFL team, I think anyone would be hard pressed to get a coach out of Norman OK. 

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Anyone on the LSU boards taking $1000 bets? Feldman is right. OU isn’t losing a football coach to LSU.

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

This.  Also, I've said before and I'll say it again but don't discount the wives and families.  While Norman is a college town, it's also a suburb of a mid sized city of 1.5M people, meaning there are quality of life options that are no there in a rural outpost that most college towns are.  Also, the fan base generally leaves the coach and family alone in public and some of those SEC fan bases mob them everywhere they go.  Baton Rouge is not a good town and it's closest big city is New Orleans, which is worse.  OU's boosters are very reasonable and not demanding.  Meanwhile, in Louisiana, Riley is going to have to travel around and wrestle alligators or some shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

19 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I'm not taking one over the other, just pointing out what might be more real for LSU.  Unless you're an NFL team, I think anyone would be hard pressed to get a coach out of Norman OK. 

Here's the aggy misery fan fic.

Jimbo goes to LSU and evokes memories of Bear Bryant leaving aggy for Alabama.

Problem is that it ignores our predicament

Just now, Chopper said:

How could Feldman's reporting that Riley isn't going to LSU be considered as "carrying water" for Oeaux?  Seems to require multiple leaps of logic.

Yea Ogre is done and gone.....why does his replacement even matter when it comes to his "camp".  Only Mack Brown seemed to have that bitchass gene.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  Also, I've said before and I'll say it again but don't discount the wives and families.  While Norman is a college town, it's also a suburb of a mid sized city of 1.5M people, meaning there are quality of life options that are no there in a rural outpost that most college towns are.  Also, the fan base generally leaves the coach and family alone in public and some of those SEC fan bases mob them everywhere they go.  Baton Rouge is not a good town and it's closest big city is New Orleans, which is worse.  OU's boosters are very reasonable and not demanding.  Meanwhile, in Louisiana, Riley is going to have to travel around and wrestle alligators or some shit.

I hear fucking boosters wives and offering to fight with your shirt off are in the "desired but not required" category.

Edited by Vertigo

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea Ogre is done and gone.....why does his replacement even matter when it comes to his "camp".  Only Mack Brown seemed to have that bitchass gene.

Yeah, that’s what they’re implying. Orge isn’t exactly leaving LSU on good terms. 

Dude has apparently been sleeping around with students and is leaving LSU with title IX issues. It sounds like LSU wasn’t thrilled with his behavior. 

Edited by texasstrong12