LSU offers Lincoln Riley massive contract?

lilMAC25

i'll buy it, woodward loves the big contract offers and handing over the keys.

and i think riley takes it. why not?

i do sense, without a shred of evidence, some behind the scenes scuffling going on at ou sucks.

and i'd say, continuing the speculation - they'd land aranda. 

I'm having flashbacks to when Saban was coming to Austin.  The tracking of flights, the sightings, all of the misinformation is deja vu all over again. But Lincoln can use this to his advantage to get the Sooners to back up the Brinks truck and get himself a Jimbo Fisher payday. At least Riley is getting his current team into the CFP, unliike Fisher who has one top ten finish.

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We are truly cursed 

Yup. My prediction is if Riley leaves for LSU,  OU will strike out on their top 3-4 candidates,  then they will offer Sark and we will all rejoice to get rid of him.  Then, because he is no longer at Texas, he will miraculously turn into a good coach and beat the shit out of us for 10-15 years straight.   Sigh....

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Yup. My prediction is if Riley leaves for LSU,  OU will strike out on their top 3-4 candidates,  then they will offer Sark and we will all rejoice to get rid of him.  Then, because he is no longer at Texas, he will miraculously turn into a good coach and beat the shit out of us for 10-15 years straight.   Sigh....

Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riotangry kill me GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Worse, they will hire Tom F'n Herman...but the end result will be the same.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, SamsCorner said:

Jim Tatum and Chuck Fairbanks.

Over the next six years, Fairbanks led Oklahoma to three Big Eight Conference titles, with 11–1 records in each of his final two seasons. Three months after his mid-contract departure to the New England Patriots of the NFL, Oklahoma was forced to forfeit nine games from the 1972 season after evidence of recruiting violations involving altered transcripts of student-athletes surfaced. Fairbanks denied any knowledge of this. The scandal under his watch made Sooners ineligible for bowl games or the UPI national championship for two years after he left. After the Fairbanks’ departure his successor Barry Switzer, claimed national titles in 1974 and 1975 with teams that were still on NCAA probation. OU claimed the national title in 1974 despite not being allowed to participate in a bowl game, and claimed the national title in 1975 despite not being allowed to appear on television.

Good thing they could rely on Switzer to clean up the mess left by Fairbanks. 

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That would actually get me down a bit.  Joe C is the real deal.  The fact he doesn’t take input from dipshits like myself means a lot.  

Sucks as a Texas fan to say this, but Joe C is a great fucking AD, likely the best. If Riley leaves, he'll get the next hire right.

It'll be Aranda, or possibly Traylor, since OU isn't at all afraid to roll the dice. 

Either dude would be set up properly and kill it there. Traylor would be a nightmare from a recruiting standpoint. 

5 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Oklahoma isn't afraid to hire coordinators with no head coaching experience if they think they're the best option. 

At Texas we would never! You have to have head coach experience, know how to gladhand, know how to deal with political side of the job, know how to do a bunch of other dumb shit that does not include coaching the game of football.