• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

37 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Looch on texags radio: "aggy is a huge trap game for Clemson in week"

So a great, turditional power like aggy is gonna jump up and bite a national championship contender for a loss? Which one is it, Looch.

Clemson looking ahead to that Georgia southern game a week later. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2018/07/17/texas-am-succeeds-in-12th-man-trademark-battle-against-soap-company/#2b76ab612afa

Gomers are a public university correct? How is this possible? Stop our tax dollars now.

To be fair, the applicant for that trademark was pro se and might as well have defaulted.

My question is: Where are the sportswriters out there trying to curb aggy expectations? I haven't seen anything yet. Has anyone else?   If this was UT. there would be all sorts of articles written telling Longhorn fans to curb their enthusiasm.

BTW, I always thought of our rivalry with aggy drawing comparisons to Michigan-Michigan State. If the Spartans went to another conference. Michigan would drop them in a heartbeat,  The only people who wants this rivalry back are aggy,. UT people who  have aggy relatives and Longhorn haters out there who are pissed that we won the last game. 

6 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

2019 will be real fun.. Clemson on the road, Georgia on the road, Bama at Pyle. 

Yep.  We’ll be treated to how they finally have Jimbo’s players and system in place.  Aggy will be going on and on about how they could win 2 out of 3 before the season starts.  Then as the very late Paul Harvey would say on the early morning AM radiowaves ... and now, the rest of the story.

11 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

My question is: Where are the sportswriters out there trying to curb aggy expectations? I haven't seen anything yet. Has anyone else?   If this was UT. there would be all sorts of articles written telling Longhorn fans to curb their enthusiasm.

Its not just us that enjoys watching the roller coaster.

18 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

aggy "writers" such as Liucci or Brent Z or others invariably spit out their drivel to the mouth-breathing, troglodytes that lap up all the aggy fairy tales. That's about it. True college football sportswriters know the sport is better when Texas is competing for titles.

8 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Nobody gives a shit about aggy.  Idiocy and scandal should be the only times that they should be talked about nationally.

I love the fact that even after the circus that was Johnny Manziel, Jimbo comes in and recognizes A&M has no brand on the national stage.

After all aggy has been through since 2011, after the stadium, hiring Jimbo, etc, etc, etc, and aggy still hasn't been able to build a national brand. How the hell does Jimbo think he is going to pull that off? The answer is - he isn't.

“You’ve got to have a national brand,” Fisher said. “In today’s world there are going to be guys outside this state that you’d love to have on your team. It has nothing to do with guys here (in Texas). There are tremendous players here. We’re going to get every one we can.

"But when you go out and you can brand your name like we want to do with A&M — with all the support systems they have here from facilities to academics to the Aggie ring, the network to everything that goes on — you ought to be able to brand yourself nationally. That’s what we want to do.”

https://texags.com/s/28585/texas-am-brand-recognition-key-to-fishers-national-recruiting-strategy

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

aggy "writers" such as Liucci or Brent Z or others invariably spit out their drivel to the mouth-breathing, troglodytes that lap up all the aggy fairy tales. That's about it. True college football sportswriters know the sport is better when Texas is competing for titles.

Is that you Taz???

No, curbing isn't conducive to taking the rollercoaster to stratospheric heights.

Of course aggy would just boycott whichever rag dared put them in their place, so guess it doesn't matter.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:26 AM, Randolph Duke said:

Let's be honest. The true enjoyment wasn't necessarily the game, it was more (yet again) listening to aggy blaming everyone but themselves for the team's performance on the field and the decisions of their coaching staff.

They are like little children.

RD....isn't that a discredit to little kids?  I actually like most little kids.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

aggy "writers" such as Liucci or Brent Z or others invariably spit out their drivel to the mouth-breathing, troglodytes that lap up all the aggy fairy tales. That's about it. True college football sportswriters know the sport is better when Texas is competing for titles.

I’ve never seen a realistic article on aggy football from either of them. Brent Z maybe worse that Billy which is amazing. I remember when aggy wr coach got into it on Twitter with a recruit, and Brent went on Pawl F for an interview. He basically defended the coach up and down and said he knows the guy personally and he’s a great guy...yada yada. Professional people in the media report the news and let the truth fall wherever it does. Brent is not a progressional. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RC Horn said:

aggy has already given jimbo a pass for this year....try to get a top 2 signing class is their goal...win 6-7 games, and aggy will be content...go to a bowl...whoop, whoop and wait for next year.....again.  I really don't think aggy's expectations this year are all that high....optimistic, naturally, but so what if they don't do well this year...there's always next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I’ve never seen a realistic article on aggy football from either of them. Brent Z maybe worse that Billy which is amazing. I remember when aggy wr coach got into it on Twitter with a recruit, and Brent went on Pawl F for an interview. He basically defended the coach up and down and said he knows the guy personally and he’s a great guy...yada yada. Professional people in the media report the news and let the truth fall wherever it does. Brent is not a progressional. 

Brent Z is worse. At least Billy's operation doesn't offer put itself out there as a neutral organization. TexAgs is staffed by unabashed fans of the program. Brent works for the Houston Fucking Chronicle and isn't supposed to be a cheerleader for the program.

• Like 1

Just saw a high school friend post a picture with Jimbo and the guy is wearing a “Make Aggie Football Great Again” hat!!  Lol.   He never was the brightest 

caption on photo “the savior has arrived” 

Edited by Hook1997

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Just saw a high school friend post a picture with Jimbo and the guy is wearing a “Make Aggie Football Great Again” hat!!  Lol.   He never was the brightest 

“Again” doesn’t really fit with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last time it was great for them they got sanctions from the ncaa. The way these 2019 kids are visiting once then shutting it down it seems that might be a similar theme.

Ricky Seals-Jones got arrested. I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-ricky-seals-jones-arrested-on-assault-and-trespassing-charges/ar-AAAejLq?ocid=st

To say that it has not been a banner offseason for the Arizona Cardinals would be a major understatement. Fresh of general manager Steve Keim being suspended five weeks for pleading guilty to DUI charges, one of the players he brought in as GM is in trouble off the field.

According to KTAR News in Arizona, Cardinals tight end Ricky Seals-Jones was arrested over the weekend in Scottsdale on assault, disorderly conduct and trespassing charges.

According to the report, Seals-Jones attempted to use the restroom at the W Hotel in downtown Scottsdale when he was denied entry. Instead of taking no for an answer, the former Texas A&M standout allegedly pushed an hotel employee aside and attempted to use the bathroom before other members of the staff took him down.

“Seals-Jones told police that he had to go to the bathroom badly so he attempted to walk past the staff, but was taken to the ground when hotel staff pushed him,” the report read.

Per usual, restrooms at a hotel are strictly for guests.

There’s no other information available regarding the incident in question. Seals-Jones recorded 12 receptions for 201 yards and three touchdowns as a rookie last season. He figures to play a big role in Arizona’s offense this coming year.

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

Brent Z is worse. At least Billy's operation doesn't offer put itself out there as a neutral organization. TexAgs is staffed by unabashed fans of the program. Brent works for the Houston Fucking Chronicle and isn't supposed to be a cheerleader for the program.

Don't know this Brent Z guy. Is he a columnist? Or is he the equivalent of the DMN Ben Baby azzhat ?

1 hour ago, EastTexan said:

Don't know this Brent Z guy. Is he a columnist? Or is he the equivalent of the DMN Ben Baby azzhat ?

Long-time aggy beat writer for the Express-News and then the Houston Chronicle. Or the other way around.

2 hours ago, Modessit said:

Anyone know if Brent was previously married or has a sister? I used to bang a chick - a lot - with the same last name who had an ex in the Houston area and a brother in the Dallas area.

Post is missing crucial information in the form of a pic of said chick in order to verify

Post is missing crucial information in the form of a pic of said chick in order to verify
She isn't on social media as far as I can tell and this was 20 years ago. Not sure how old Brent is, so maybe an ex of a relative of his.

Picture 5'4", 124lbs, blonde, 38D, shy, religious. She was self-conscious of how big her tits were so always wore a bra two sizes too small to make them look smaller. Then she came home and took it off and her tits looked HUGE because they were swollen from being compacted all day. She never figured out why I was always ready to go after she got home and changed.