• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2018

"I’ll tell you what, if Jimbo (Fisher) thinks the media was too harsh on him at FSU, wait until he finishes fourth again in the West. It’s going to be a process there. When you recruit, you’re looking for guys who want to work and want to be coached. To me, it just looked like those players weren’t having fun on Saturdays and didn’t take too well to coaching. That’s what we talk about when we say a ‘culture change.’ Jimbo has a big one in front of him."

Yeah that is definitely Saban's quote.

Edited by Not a Sock

On 7/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, texaslong said:

Enjoy the 80,000 aggy men holding each other while swaying their hips back and forth, telling each other to hump it. Not sure I could go be near that, even if it was to watch the farmers get destroyed. 

I know all about it. I've been to the Tackle Box many times already (some by choice, most not by choice -- mother's side of family is very aggy-heavy). Not sure my wife, a Dallas native, has ever been to Kyle (or College Station). She'll be well-prepared. Funny thing is we're having a hard time rounding up any of our Dallas-based aggy friends to rent a house down there for the weekend. They must not be drinking the Jimbo/Brewster Kool-Aid just yet.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My wife is an ag.  So I go to a game every year or two.  But always later in the season at one of the cheap games.  I am not paying a lot of money to watch aggy in 100+ degree weather in that dump of a stadium.

Might be worth paying up to watch the Clemson game. Should be some great people watching and plenty of second half leg room and short concession lines.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Subtle notice of how Jimbo is handling this is starting to be taken. How Carter handled things this past weekend has raised a few eyebrows.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/07/29/4-star-cb-jeffery-carter-exemplifies-everything-wrong-with-recruiting/

If Oklahoma can claim the moral high ground on you, you may want to reevaluate your choices  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I know all about it. I've been to the Tackle Box many times already (some by choice, most not by choice -- mother's side of family is very aggy-heavy). Not sure my wife, a Dallas native, has ever been to Kyle (or College Station). She'll be well-prepared. Funny thing is we're having a hard time rounding up any of our Dallas-based aggy friends to rent a house down there for the weekend. They must not be drinking the Jimbo/Brewster Kool-Aid just yet.

you want to rent a house with a bunch of aggy for a football game weekend? you sick bastard.

7 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

you want to rent a house with a bunch of aggy for a football game weekend? you sick bastard.

It'd be a mix of Clemson and aggy fans. My aggy friends are good folks. They just don't seem very optimistic.

2 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2018

"I’ll tell you what, if Jimbo (Fisher) thinks the media was too harsh on him at FSU, wait until he finishes fourth again in the West. It’s going to be a process there. When you recruit, you’re looking for guys who want to work and want to be coached. To me, it just looked like those players weren’t having fun on Saturdays and didn’t take too well to coaching. That’s what we talk about when we say a ‘culture change.’ Jimbo has a big one in front of him."

Yeah that is definitely Saban's quote.

The difficulty at a&m is that when you try to change the culture of the football program, the culture of the entire university is working against you.  That place is built upon an institutional resistance to change.

Another great day for Looch on texags radio. 

Just start from 1:37:00 on. Talks about how Jimbo is genuine and likable with Texas high school coaches, and how Herman is not and it's about to blow up in his face. Texas and LSU aren't their recruiting rivals anymore, now it's Bama and OU. Just all sunshine pump city. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/rCP0FsbrfAU/0104475-xwad.mp3

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Just start from 1:37:00 on. Talks about how Jimbo is genuine and likable with Texas high school coaches, and how Herman is not and it's about to blow up in his face. Texas and LSU aren't their recruiting rivals anymore, now it's Bama and OU. Just all sunshine pump city. 

appreciate your radio gold research. 

23 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

It's incredible that this is somebody's job. What a world. The dude spins aggy fan fic, generally based on nothing. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

My wife is an ag.  So I go to a game every year or two.  But always later in the season at one of the cheap games.  I am not paying a lot of money to watch aggy in 100+ degree weather in that dump of a stadium.

My wife is, too.  Like you, we make it to a game every couple of years. She has zero desire to go to early season games either, so we usually hit up their annual FCS gimme, or ISU or Kansas back in their B12 days. 

48 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

It's interesting to note the differences between a school's reporter and a school's booster. I wonder who Texags will be making a documentary about this recruiting cycle.

5 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Aggy web developer gets job in Austin, then goes full derp. Now homeless and attention-whoring.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/28/homeless-man-hands-out-resumes-gets-hundreds-of-job-offers/amp/

267c05292757fae15c77acde1f5509ed.png

The aggy network is lit!

did he lose his aggy ring too? time for another collection! 

15 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Aggy web developer gets job in Austin, then goes full derp. Now homeless and attention-whoring.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/28/homeless-man-hands-out-resumes-gets-hundreds-of-job-offers/amp/

267c05292757fae15c77acde1f5509ed.png

The aggy network is lit!

Would have worked better if he spelled it SECcess. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

IMO the worst outcome of aggy playing Clemson and Alabama early in the season is going to be the injury factor. Those two schools have some very large individuals.

I don’t wish for injury. Not even for ou or aggy. But I’ll honestly be surprised if aggy doesn’t lose more than one QB in the Clemson game alone given their O line and the front 7 they’ll be facing.

50 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

The reviews of this place is that it’s the greatest bbq to grace Texas (owned by a former milkman). This may be one of the more grotesque examples of how you monetize aggy.

If I'm ever in the vicinity I will go upper deck on them after a messcan food bender