• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I think it's because they are going after Traylor and he's getting calls from a couple other programs and they don't want to miss the window.

I don’t see them going after traylor. How can they fire jimbo then go after a low level school coach? Not saying it’s not a good idea but I feel like they would want to get someone else.

14 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

My guess is that they're paying it now because it's not getting any better by waiting.  I think I read that in 3 years it will STILL be the highest buyout ever paid.  It's not like if they wait a year or two it's getting better.  They just fucked themselves on that contract.

I bet they are considering the match-up with Texas next year and should they lose with Jimbo in his 7th year, that would just look awful... but if they win/lose in a 'rebuilding' year with a new coach??? 

This is Aggy, you know we're part of their decision making... 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Paying 3.5x to get rid of guy killing their program. Next hire about less "flash" more substance.

I don't think they can pass the hat around for that buyout while selling Traylor. It's gotta be Elko or "the next Kirby or Lanning" in Schumann. Or something flashier. 

Negotiated departure.  His contract doesn’t have offset for future earnings.  Maybe he’s not happy there and told ags he would let them offset earnings from future job like West Virginia or some type of negotiated out.  Say he gets $4 million for 5 years from WVU. And lets ags offset that against the $75 million.  I could see some sort of negotiated out if he’s miserable there or realizes it’s just not happening. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GTX Horn said:

Bring in Gary Kubiak to “steady the ship” so to speak, then groom Klint as HCIW. That would track with what CTJ said earlier in the week about the talk of wanting to bring in a true aggie. Probably would be one of the cheaper options

I can't think of a worse hire for aggy than Kubiak. Make it so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

Negotiated departure.  His contract doesn’t have offset for future earnings.  Maybe he’s not happy there and told ags he would let them offset earnings from future job like West Virginia or some type of negotiated out.  Say he gets $4 million for 5 years from WVU. And lets ags offset that against the $75 million.  I could see some sort of negotiated out if he’s miserable there or realizes it’s just not happening. 

There’s no reason at all for Fisher to negotiate against himself like this. He can still take the WVU job and make every bit of the $75M. It seems like the aggy BOR is much more miserable than he is.

• Hook 'Em 6