• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Before 5-7, aggy had been pushing the idea that a #1 recruiting class usually wins a championship.

THAT is why they’re desperate to keep that class together.
And when the players from that class start hitting the portal in the coming weeks they'll see it as proof they weren't "real Ags" and Elko knew this as soon as he laid eyes on them and sniffed their assholes just like Reveille so he showed them the door. No matter the situation, aggy has just the right lies to tell themselves so they'll sleep well at night.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cajun said:

He's gonna fit right in with the Collie Station all-you-can-eat buffet crowd.

Which is everybody.

Elko is the perfect fit for aggy.  As has been mentioned, he KNOWS what he is getting into and he “gets” them. That is what is most important to them.

He’s seen behind the curtain, and he quickly made the decision to come back even after all of the fuckery that’s gone on this weekend.

That’s a guy who “gets them.” At the end of the day, that’s the best they can ask for—someone who gets them and isn’t running in the opposite direction. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I think Elko's a good hire. He knows the culture and will keep Robinson on staff. That will hold most of the defensive class together and help them with the recruits that were already in the fold. It's not a sexy hire but a solid one. Is he going to do well there with Texas and OU now in the SEC, who knows. It's not the disaster Stoops was going to be which is a little sad. But no one should be scared of Elko at aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Elko obviously doesn't scare anyone.  Coaching hires are always a crapshoot and he could ultimately be successful but the general reaction to this hire, including the aggy reaction, should be meh.  He's exactly who I expected them to hire and aggy rarely fails to deliver on meeting low expectations.  I'm just happy they didn't hire Traylor.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is not a Texas fan alive who is "scared" of this hire.  The whole process has been pure comedy.  Predictable pure comedy, but pure comedy nonetheless.

In all fairness, very few HCs (that are in the game now)scare me. Maybe peak Saban. I do think Elko will help to create an identity for them on their team. Something that’s been lacking since RC. 

It struck me that Sark is creating an identity for us. It’s more like WIT. Like we can win multiple ways no matter how ugly. it’s more a whole team identity rather than a specific position group. I feel like we haven’t really had much of an identity through the end of Mack, Strong and Herman years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Aggy are the normalest of the normal. Ho hum. Nothing to see here. 

Bwahahahahahahaha! Fucked up absolutely  everything about the Jimbo Fisher era from hiring to replacement and now need to sneak a guy in during the dead of night in order to not get even more attention. Maybe, just maybe, nobody will notice. Fucktards. 

spacer.png

Elko seems like he’d feel perfectly fine with a bucket (or three) of fried chicken and a couple of cases of beer. No special plaque. You could probably hole him up in some cabin near a lake and give him a fishing rod and some night crawlers and he’d be happy. Like he knows what’s there in Collie Station. And he came back. It’s all good. Little bro got their coach. 

Dude looks legit happy. No fanfare. Just an empty runway and what is likely to be a zoom meeting with a handful of players. Game on! 

IMG_8231.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is not a Texas fan alive who is "scared" of this hire.  The whole process has been pure comedy.  Predictable pure comedy, but pure comedy nonetheless.

Mike Elko is vanilla. He’s who Texas A&M is. Even their “splash hire, big name, sitting national championship head coach” was vanilla. Nobody really cares beyond how much they force the rest of the world to pay attention to their never-ending train wreck.

Their culture is the problem. They’re programmed to embarrass themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

It is very important to aggie to get someone who "understands the culture". This is what people tell themselves when their delusions of getting the very best don't mesh with the reality that they are not a destination for the very best. Or even the very good.

If actual winning coaches wanted the job, i doubt they would give a fuck about bringing in someone who "gets them".

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

I realize aggy blew their Party City budget and then some on Fisher but you’d think they could have at least set off a couple of cheap fireworks? I suspect Elko doesn’t give af. Clearly, he wanted to come back. 

I guess no money (ahem time) for fanfare. We are 11-1 and still have a shot to play in the CFP. And we’ll be playing them every year. Still, not even a tricked out aggy truck? To pick him up in? 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I realize aggy blew their Party City budget and then some on Fisher but you’d think they could have at least set off a couple of cheap fireworks? I suspect Elko doesn’t give af. Clearly, he wanted to come back. 

I guess no money (ahem time) for fanfare. We are 11-1 and still have a shot to play in the CFP. And we’ll be playing them every year. Still, not even a tricked out aggy truck? To pick him up in? 

They just gave him Max Johnson’s truck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Again, aggy only hates that people laughed at them about Fisher. They’ve seen the gifs from Fisher’s arrival being used to mock them since that day. They didn’t want a repeat, particularly after they shit all over themselves with the Stoops hire. 

They didn’t want more internet fodder nor did they want aggy fans to have another opportunity to make this even more embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, texasdago said:

The reaction on Facebook has been exceedingly muted.  Only saw one aggy friend post about and he said it was a solid hire.  If they loved the hired, they would all be crowing about it and erecting a statue by the giant ring monument.  Nope.  General reaction seems to be

Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The thing is…Elko may end up being a pretty good HC but he was like their at least third or so choice. He’s, to them, like the last chick at the bar still making eye contact when it’s last call. They don’t fully appreciate that he actually came back knowing what they expect and how their culture is. He could be an actual gem but they wanted DeBoer who stiff armed them. Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d sent a random Uber to pick him up. 

How the fuck does Bjork still have a job or will they fire him after Elko is all settled in? They could have had Elko easy Saturday and no fuckery (and yes it’s aggy but HC searches are ugly.) I am old enough to remember our BMDs meeting GB at the airport and telling him not to get on the plane because we were hiring Mack Brown. I’m just happy we won’t be going through a HC search any time soon. Because Damn. 
Looking at the open HC spots for teams. Not fun..:

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2