• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Funny that aggy fans are finally boycotting the CFP. Their football team has boycotted it since it's inception and will continue to do so for another 100 years.

Lost in all the hoopla about the CFP this year is had we had next year's system in place the team who would have been left out would have been Oklahoma as the #12 seed they would have lost their spot to the #23 Liberty Flames.  Those would have been about the best possible tears you can pull from the new system.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

By Billy Liucci

September 1, 2021

Key notes from Billy Liucci interview

You're going to see this contract be 10 years, starting from now, with an average right around $9 million per year. You're starting the existing deal over with a significant raise to make him the second-highest paid coach in the SEC behind Nick Saban and one of the highest-paid in college football. This is a great deal. We're going to look at it again as a great bargain.

We've been talking about it for the last three years and how wrong people were the first time. Now they're doing it again. People don't seem to understand the no-buyout thing, and that makes me laugh. The buyout is $9 million a year, $90 million guaranteed.

Nick Saban doesn't look like he's going to retire anytime soon, but say Alabama comes after Jimbo Fisher in three years when Saban is done. That's the only school that could take Fisher with the money that Texas A&M is paying. If Alabama does that, it means the next three years have been really good in Aggieland.

A buyout does nothing. When was the last time a school didn't hire a coach they wanted because of a buyout? Do you think a one-year buyout, another $9 million, would keep A&M from going to get a coach? The buyout is $90 million. It also keeps the coach here. It's like the SEC not having a grant of rights. The SEC basically says, "You want to leave? Go."
I don't think there is any danger of Fisher leaving. The danger is losing money.

If it doesn't work, you lose money. Everyone is making a big deal about it, but it's like me and Olin living in the same neighborhood. If I saw him driving a Maserati, that's Olin's business. Not mine. The way the media is acting would be like me walking around the neighborhood calling Olin an idiot for spending that money on a car. Who's the idiot in that scenario?

A&M is three years into this, and they have a pretty good idea of what they're investing in. People are saying it's only one good year, but it's not. It's one great year and three years of progress. Jimbo's first year was a nice, strong season. They finished ranked and won a bowl game, playing great football at the end of the year. His third year was a top-five finish, an Orange Bowl championship and a legitimate argument to be in the playoff.

In 12 years as a coach, Fisher has a national title, a playoff berth and another top-five finish. He probably has five top-ten finishes in 12 years to go along with that. At what point do you look at that resume and say that Fisher is an elite head coach in this game? He is. It's not debatable. Texas A&M has a coach that is among the very best, the top five, in this game.

If you look at what Fisher is doing in recruiting and don't feel extremely confident in your investment, I don't know what to tell you.Regarding the timing, coaches don't like negotiating during the season. What if Texas A&M reached the playoff this year and LSU spiraled? I think Texas A&M did the right thing. We got our guy, and he's locked up for as long as he wants to coach.This guy won a national title. He won 27 of 28 games with Jameis Winston in 2013 and 2014. People want to say it was all Winston, but you can't take away a guy's best player. If you take away Vince Young, what did Mack Brown do? Take away Joe Burrow, Ed O doesn't win a championship.

I know what Dan Mullen has done, and I know what Jim Harbaugh has done. What in the hell have they done that Jimbo hasn't done? Mullen won a New Year's Six game, and Florida caught some criticism for that extension. The blowback shows how big the spotlight is on Texas A&M and Jimbo Fisher.

For the people that say A&M isn't relevant, you're hearing most of that from Texas, Oklahoma and some from LSU. They're whining fake tough guys.

If you say a negative thing about Oklahoma, the Sooners go insane. Somebody asked me if I'd rather have Lincoln Riley or Jimbo at Texas A&M, at the answer is Jimbo. Riley is a good coach, but he coaches in a league where he has five times the talent as anybody he plays. They're both good coaches, but it's apples to oranges. Jimbo Fisher is a great fit at Texas A&M.

Texas might be the most delusional fanbase in American sports. They're loud on Twitter. They get these talking points, and no matter how bad their team is or how good things are going in College Station, they cannot come off their talking points. How much money did they pay to fire Herman and hire Steve Sarkisian? We know what Sark has done. You want to boil it down to Fisher not winning a title in three years? You spent $75 million to hire Sarkisian.

LSU is just scared. They had that great year and smoked the Aggies in 2019, but they've lost two of three to Texas A&M. Jimbo Fisher is the guy they've tried to hire twice. Ed Orgeron is a trainwreck of a coach, and they know it. They were hoping they could possibly hire Fisher at some point, and the Aggies just put up a wall around College Station.

A day ago, what was the big cry coming out of Austin, Baton Rouge and Norman? That Fisher would be in Baton Rouge in a year. That was the battle cry from those three fanbases, and they wouldn't shut up about it. Today, 10 years and $90 million later, A&M is stupid for paying it? It's a constantly moving target.

I'm not reading all that crap. Does he even address the scenario where they want to get rid of Fisher and the buyout leaves the aggy Atheletics Dept turbofucked financially???

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy should just center their “hate” with the SEC SEC SEC, never being left out of the 4-Team playoff. Maybe FSU should’ve replaced Bama at 4, because after all Texas beat Bama, at home, by 10!

Week 2 Bama though! Bama needed a miracle to beat a shitty Auburn, aggy only win vs a team at .500+. GA’s best win was Ole Miss and Mizzou!
GA even struggled with shitty SEC teams throughout the season!

Until it’s “mandated” that teams play a “decent” OOC team, at least one, this shit will continue. Michigan’s schedule ain’t nothing to brag about either! GA’s OOC sucked for their season ticket holders too, not even counting the SEC annual “cupcake week” in November, while every other conference is playing a game vs conference foes so 50% of the nation loses that week - ranked or not. SEC gets to maintain their ranking or move up as others get beat, unless you play NMSU.

Those “November weeks” need to be done with in 2025 and go to a 9 game conference schedule.

Hook’em!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

aggy should just center their “hate” with the SEC SEC SEC, never being left out of the 4-Team playoff. Maybe FSU should’ve replaced Bama at 4, because after all Texas beat Bama, at home, by 10!

They are just mad we are having success and throwing a temper tantrum. What actually happened doesn't matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm not reading all that crap. Does he even address the scenario where they want to get rid of Fisher and the buyout leaves the aggy Atheletics Dept turbofucked financially???

Oh, but you should.  So many gems in there.  I think my favorite might be this one:  "This is a great deal. We're going to look at it again [?] as a great bargain."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

41 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The thought of the buyout being a deterrent to firing Fisher didn't even enter his simple little mind

• Haha 1

Oh, but you should.  So many gems in there.  I think my favorite might be this one:  "This is a great deal. We're going to look at it again [?] as a great bargain."

It really is great and should be reposted over and over

The Maserati analogy is great as well

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Based on this video it seems like they got extra fierce with the the twirling only recently. The comments made me laugh as well.

Wouldn't be surprised that when a yell leader can no longer perform (looking at you, Bill) they have some sort of "tradition" wherein they burn you on a pile of logs, or bury you alive with the dead dogs, or collapse a pile of logs on you in solidarity

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Last year's title game between Georgia and TCU had very low viewership (est. 17.2 M viewers).  
Over the past 150 years, A&M has graduated a bit over 500K students, many of whom are dead, and plenty of those who aren't don't give a damn about football.  Let's charitably say A&M could drop viewership by about 100K people, or roughly half a percent of what will surely be a blockbuster audience, given the 4 teams involved.
Good luck with that boycott, Ags.
They will watch, they simply can't resist. I only watch aggy games if there isn't a better one on at the same time..and it's rare there isn't.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Wouldn't be surprised that when a yell leader can no longer perform (looking at you, Bill) they have some sort of "tradition" wherein they burn you on a pile of logs, or bury you alive with the dead dogs, or collapse a pile of logs on you in solidarity

None of them will see a national title in their lifetime. 

• Like 3
  • Drool 1

They do it two stupid ways.
One is the one year you referenced where they borrowed (took out loan or bond) to pay for their stadium renovations.  They claimed this $400M as Revenue in their aggy math P&L, and so claimed to the world that they were the richest based on this.  Of course this has nothing to do with revenue and is a balance sheet addition for cash/loan in and an outstanding obligation for the same.  But of course...aggy.
Second is where they claim 100% of the PUF as aggy endowment (not the 1/3 that is flowed to A&M system), usually closely followed by saying that makes them richer than Texas who only reports 2/3 of the PUF as endowment as that is what goes to the UT system.   So their logic has them claim 100% of what should be 1/3, and when Texas rightly claims 2/3 they brag about how much richer they are than Texas.  
Of course ignoring this if we look at aggy endowment outside of the PUF is around $2.5B and Texas' is $13B.
But aggy richer and biggest and bestest of everyone.
Randy, is that you?
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I can’t wait to get some popcorn and watch aggy get drilled by the team we just demolished.  I might even drink some tea to wash it down in honor of those miserable bastards!
You must sip it slowly with your pinkie pointed straight up. Have some class.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, ABSR said:
They do it two stupid ways.
One is the one year you referenced where they borrowed (took out loan or bond) to pay for their stadium renovations.  They claimed this $400M as Revenue in their aggy math P&L, and so claimed to the world that they were the richest based on this.  Of course this has nothing to do with revenue and is a balance sheet addition for cash/loan in and an outstanding obligation for the same.  But of course...aggy.
Second is where they claim 100% of the PUF as aggy endowment (not the 1/3 that is flowed to A&M system), usually closely followed by saying that makes them richer than Texas who only reports 2/3 of the PUF as endowment as that is what goes to the UT system.   So their logic has them claim 100% of what should be 1/3, and when Texas rightly claims 2/3 they brag about how much richer they are than Texas.  
Of course ignoring this if we look at aggy endowment outside of the PUF is around $2.5B and Texas' is $13B.
But aggy richer and biggest and bestest of everyone.

Randy, is that you?

Not near long enough to be the Duke

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 12/3/2023 at 6:27 AM, markstanco said:

No way in hell will aggy be allowed by Sankey to play OSU.

Slive was the one that protected aggy in the past, not Sankey. Since we will be there next year there's no reason to throw them a bone.

And more importantly, what have they done to earn protection?

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit hat looch piece from 2021 about how great of a deal they have with jumbo is fucking gold. I also love how only Texas, OU and lsu fake tough guys say Aggy is irrelevant. You know similar to all the Aggy fake tough guys saying we shouldn’t be in and they should boycott watching. Because Aggy not watching is gonna plummet the ratings! Also, you know a real fake tough guy that literally always calls everyone fake tough guys and wants to “fight” on twitter. I guarantee looch is the biggest pussy and the biggest shit talker that cannot back it up you’ve ever seen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Deej said:

None of them will see a national title in their lifetime. 

After that '39 Homer-Norton-corched team, the best MNC chances aggy had were the 2 Emory-Bellard-corched 10-2 teams in '75 & '76 running the wishbone and beating Texas (20-10 & 27-3, respectively) with it.

But aggy still went full-aggy and still thought Bellard was a Longhorn double-agent plant (since he got hired directly to aggy corch from being Texas OC) even after soundly beating Texas, and they soon ran him off, too!  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

So the greatest 'cruitin class of all time has been on campus for 2 years, they're 12-12, getting ready for some minor bowl game where they'll face the team we just mudholed . . . and we're in the playoff?

Oh, it's so beautiful.  Hey, don't y'all think that's beautiful, right there?

image.png.8ec05b3a338c7e5d4e288ec67503ecd8.png

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1