• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I know this was 25 pages ago, and obviously has been covered, well, by everybody, but...

...some of you don't watch aggy games? They are usually more entertaining than this thread, for the same reasons, but live and in color. And you presumably enjoy this thread.

As has been explained with many good (of an inexhaustible supply of) examples, you're missing out.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

This is one of those times when some of your aggy acquaintances will get almost creepily introspective and go all “life is about more than some game with a goofy-shaped ball… Go hug your kids. Take that vacation. Start a new hobby and learn life is about balance…. and knowing your education from one of the finest and most respected institutions of higher learning has set you up for life.”

Nope.  All about “those guys were a disappointment across the board. Better to let Elko and Klein get their own guys than waste money on all these guys who really weren’t that great.  Although they were still the greatest class ever assembled and the only reason they’re leaving is that powerless and unimportant little brother tu controls everything and has slanted the playing field.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

This is one of those times when some of your aggy acquaintances will get almost creepily introspective and go all “life is about more than some game with a goofy-shaped ball… Go hug your kids. Take that vacation. Start a new hobby and learn life is about balance…. and knowing your education from one of the finest and most respected institutions of higher learning has set you up for life.”

Ooooffff.  I got pretty introspective about life…. Especially 2014-2016.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, utee94 said:

I'm just stating my opinion and my position.  I'm not down for censorship, you should do whatever you feel is right.  I think it's crude and in poor taste.

And believe me, I get it-- over the decades I've heard countless jokes and other crude remarks from ags about the Whitman murders, many of them suggesting that somehow Austin and "t.u." and "t-sips" somehow deserved to be slaughtered by a madman.  I'm disgusted by that kind of talk as well, and will freely state my opinion as such. 

Damn anyone who ridiculed that, may they burn in hell.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Ooooffff.  I got pretty introspective about life…. Especially 2014-2016.

This is why you need to follow more than just football.

I would be like: wait until Men's Basketball! Oooof...

Ok wait until Baseball season! Oooof...

Ok wait until next Football season!

And so forth. Hope springs eternal.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Ross Bjork playbook.

Step 1: Fire Jimbo and pay him a lot of money for a long time to not be your coach.

Step 2: Be so broke from paying Jimbo to where you have to settle on Mike Elko as your head coach.

Step 3: Lose your best recruiter and defensive coach to a basketball school.

Step 4: Hire an offensive coordinator who will run an even more boring offense than Jimbo.

Step 5:

hugh jackman explosion GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I’m 50+ and have attended aggy home games over the decades, some involving Texas, and others like LSU and Arkansas, prior to Jerry World. As a military veteran, they do provide “pageantry” because their military-based music hasn’t changed since before my time. I do enjoy their halftime show of military marching, as that’s difficult to do, but decades ago I realized that not all members were actually playing their instruments, just a body to help fill the field/band.

The music, even though it’s to my liking, reeks of “stolen valor” as aggy isn’t a military academy. They sure as hell would like to link their aggy hive-mind to that, but it just isn’t!

The real military academies play this Saturday, on a National stage. Those are real future service members on both sides, as all have actually decided to be an officer in their services. No “cosplay” in Boston this Saturday!

Hook’em!!!

P.S. - Go Army, beat Navy!!! Sing 2nd Cadets!!!

The marching the aggy band does is NOT difficult. All 8:5, all forward, all 45/90 degree turns. You could train a monkey to do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GringoSalado said:

I know this was 25 pages ago, and obviously has been covered, well, by everybody, but...

...some of you don't watch aggy games? They are usually more entertaining than this thread, for the same reasons, but live and in color. And you presumably enjoy this thread.

As has been explained with many good (of an inexhaustible supply of) examples, you're missing out.

I watched the aggie self destruction against Kentucky, I think 2012, in Madison Wisconsin before enjoying the Badger curbstomping of Nebraska in their first B1G game. 

I was in a bar with an a&m graduate who shall not be named. 😉 Aggies were up big time, I was housed and said a&m graduate stated they were going to fold. I mistakenly suggested a $20 bet he was wrong. There was simply no way.

So, now you have one guy in a Longhorn shirt and Whisky cap, actively pulling for aggie while standing next to an a&m graduate in an aggie shirt (and whisky hat) hoping they lose.

Did I mention I was with friends that graduated from Whisky and Corn? 

There was a LOT of confusion as to wtf was going on in that bar.

Tldr: epic aggie fail is epic and it was the best $20 I ever lost.

Import edit - I attended the game in the aforementioned attire with 3 Nebraska grads.. who WERE friends. 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 3