Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

More corps dork shit. Stupid challenger 17 squad. Funny thing is none of these jerk offs are aeronautical engineering majors.

E8B9DDFF-62B2-4F58-A48F-35F2ADFF9AE1.jpeg

F174370D-C685-4382-A440-4BA994473506.jpeg

103519F7-08C3-4A64-BC9A-1E922C982ACA.jpeg

093DBF47-5A74-4BC3-B8E5-6BCA6BCA4104.jpeg

671C4BCB-4332-4EC3-9F6F-0386F7DB160B.jpeg

Well, Butt Buddy Brigade was already taken so they settled for Challenger 17.

• Haha 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Bjork was leaving anyhow, the damage was done the coaching search fiasco gave us hours of entertainment already.

That he leaves in Jan vs June is irrelevant, Aggies celebrating over nothing once again.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ohio State : Michigan :: Texas A&M : University of Texas

It explains a lot.

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not talking about football, just talking about quality of education and little brother syndrome.

Wut? Ohio State is a blueblood with enormous success. I can't even recall the last time Michigan was actually this good and above Ohio State. Aggy is Kansas State with less success and a ego complex. I don't see that comparison at all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Wut? Ohio State is a blueblood with enormous success. I can't even recall the last time Michigan was actually this good and above Ohio State. Aggy is Kansas State with less success and a ego complex. I don't see that comparison at all. 

Did you see the part where I said the comparison wasn't about football?  By the way, Michigan also has the lead there all-time.

Really, Oklahoma:Texas as tOSU:Michigan is a better comp, all the way around. It takes in academic superiority, ethical superiority, …

For the Ags, TAMU:Texas as North Korea:South Korea

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

But isn't the #1 fan riot action for losses at tOSU also burning couches?

It absolutely is. I saw it with my own eyes in '05. Car flipping and intimidating visiting fans are other examples of their coping skills.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ohio State : Michigan :: Texas A&M : University of Texas

It explains a lot.

It's been covered repeatedly...

Texas::Michigan - Public ivy, AAU generally successful in athletics but mostly underachieve at football
Texas A&M::Michigan State - Vet schools, little brother to bigger in state school, occasionally jump up and win stuff but not consistently
Oklahoma::Ohio State - Shitty schools, way too successful at football, totally suck

• Hook 'Em 9

Has a better chance at being a colossal mistake than it does at being a good hire. Just reading what I can, but it sounds like the new tOSU president wants to move away from the old guard. There are better options out there than this guy, must kill it in interviews. 

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Texas::Michigan - Public ivy, AAU generally successful in athletics but mostly underachieve at football
Texas A&M::Michigan State - Vet schools, little brother to bigger in state school, occasionally jump up and win stuff but not consistently
Oklahoma::Ohio State - Shitty schools, way too successful at football, totally suck

I don't give a fuck if it's been covered repeatedly, I was drawing a parallel between A&M and Ohio State, relative to their big brother schools.  I wasn't creating a taxonomy of public universities in 4 states.  Fuck me, but y'all will parse a point to death.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't give a fuck if it's been covered repeatedly, I was drawing a parallel between A&M and Ohio State, relative to their big brother schools.  I wasn't creating a taxonomy of public universities in 4 states.  Fuck me, but y'all will parse a point to death.

Aggy shouldn’t be compared to anything successful unless your judging meat or being butt ugly 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

More corps dork shit. Stupid challenger 17 squad. Funny thing is none of these jerk offs are aeronautical engineering majors.

E8B9DDFF-62B2-4F58-A48F-35F2ADFF9AE1.jpeg

F174370D-C685-4382-A440-4BA994473506.jpeg

103519F7-08C3-4A64-BC9A-1E922C982ACA.jpeg

093DBF47-5A74-4BC3-B8E5-6BCA6BCA4104.jpeg

671C4BCB-4332-4EC3-9F6F-0386F7DB160B.jpeg

Those big bulges in those weird pants...is that where they put their colostomy bags.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Texas - Public ivy

"Public Ivy" Haha, okay.

Over the years we've hired so many lazy, entitled dumbasses from there. Now that I think about it, when I worked in NY, we hired lots of dumbasses who graduated from Ivy League schools, as well, haha. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Has a better chance at being a colossal mistake than it does at being a good hire. Just reading what I can, but it sounds like the new tOSU president wants to move away from the old guard. There are better options out there than this guy, must kill it in interviews. 

My interview with him:

"So tell me about that Jimbo extension...just kidding"

go away gtfo GIF

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Mich St. has some basketball skins and 2 MNCs in football since the TV was invented. Not sure about that one Pimp.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

"Public Ivy" Haha, okay.

Over the years we've hired so many lazy, entitled dumbasses from there. Now that I think about it, when I worked in NY, we hired lots of dumbasses who graduated from Ivy League schools, as well, haha. 

Dumbasses in every school but the public ivy thing has been around for nearly 40 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Ivy

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Bjork leaving is actually a win for A&M. 
How he has survived that Jimbo contract fiasco is beyond me.

Bjork doesn't have the authority to offer any contracts without board approval. Job offers, maybe, with details TBD.

Jimbo was a collective aggy fuck-up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not talking about football, just talking about quality of education and little brother syndrome.

Not really accurate. This ain't me defending OSU, I promise. But Michigan has Sparty. You aware of wtf kind of stupidity has been going on there in the recent past? OSU has Ohio, Miami, it's their fredo as a friend that went to OSU used to say. So.. 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Not really accurate. This ain't me defending OSU, I promise. But Michigan has Sparty. You aware of wtf kind of stupidity has been going on there in the recent past? OSU has Ohio, Miami, it's their fredo as a friend that went to OSU used to say. So.. 

Crimony.  I'm not suggesting we look down the ladder.  I'm suggesting that tOSU envies Michigan the way A&M envies UT.  It's fucking true.  I was married to a Buckeye, I've been drowned in that culture and I'm gratefully out.

Stop looking for the perfect analog in-state.  It wasn't my point.  Not at all.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Crimony.  I'm not suggesting we look down the ladder.  I'm suggesting that tOSU envies Michigan the way A&M envies UT.  It's fucking true.  I was married to a Buckeye, I've been drowned in that culture and I'm gratefully out.

Stop looking for the perfect analog in-state.  It wasn't my point.  Not at all.

I don't dispute the Michigan- OSU relationship is a goodly amount big brother little brother.

More accurately it's OUsux - Texas : OSU - Michigan 

You were reaching and say what you will about OSU there isn't a comparison to aggy. With them or anyone.

They're in a league of their own but the fuck ups at MSU are the only thing anywhere close.

Damn you're all huffy. 

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Bjork leaving is actually a win for A&M. 
How he has survived that Jimbo contract fiasco is beyond me.

He just rubber stamped that contract. It's what their boosters wanted. Any AD at that school would be fired immediately if they didn't follow orders and made rational decisions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You were reaching and say what you will about OSU there isn't a comparison to aggy. With them or anyone.

tOSU is literally trying to hire the dipshit A&M athletic director.  It's a perfect fit.  Dumbass redneck schools that have a hard-on for their superior big brothers.  I never mentioned any other school for a reason.

End of discussion for me.  Lord.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

tOSU is literally trying to hire the dipshit A&M athletic director.  It's a perfect fit.  Dumbass redneck schools that have a hard-on for their superior big brothers.  I never mentioned any other school for a reason.

End of discussion for me.  Lord.

My bad you're correct aggy and OSU are exactly the same.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Deej said:

He just rubber stamped that contract. It's what their boosters wanted. Any AD at that school would be fired immediately if they didn't follow orders and made rational decisions. 

Everyone who saw, heard about, smelled that initial contract and especially the extension should be forced to resign and/or fired in humiliating fashion. Mahomes (Chair of the Board of Regents), Sharp, Bjork, Ray Bonilla (GC), hell, Reveille should be canned. It’s such an egregious waste of university resources.  It’s really inexcusable.

I know, I know, public funds weren’t used for Jimbo.  But at least in theory, the 120mm wasted on Jimbo would have been otherwise put to beneficial use somewhere in the TAMU system. Or at least the delta between what was spent on Jimbo and a reasonable contract and extension, with a reasonable buyout. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1