• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

For instate students UT and A&M basically cost the same. I don't get the bargain basement nature of the ads.

yeah, but you're not getting the cult networking opportunities at Texas...

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Making more (or, technically, less) money, accounting for inflation, than your parents. Moving up (or down) the class ladder.

I’m sure all those kids from Katy and The Woodlands who go to A&M, get a job selling insurance, and buy a starter home in Katy or the Woodlands have really benefitted from all that social mobility afforded to them by their aggy degree.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

yeah, but you're not getting the cult networking opportunities at Texas...

yeah, it was exactly at this point that my niece made the above 'cultish' remark. girls giving the tour were very sweet, but they started talking about how big and strong 'the network' was, recognizing other aggy 'family members' by their rings, telling stories about how many people they knew that had two hour 'job interviews' and got offers without even discussing the job itself because they knew what kind of person they were bc they were aggy 'family'...

that's obviously a selling point for many but she thought it was weird.

11 minutes ago, mchookem said:

yeah, it was exactly at this point that my niece made the above 'cultish' remark. girls giving the tour were very sweet, but they started talking about how big and strong 'the network' was, recognizing other aggy 'family members' by their rings, telling stories about how many people they knew that had two hour 'job interviews' and got offers without even discussing the job itself because they knew what kind of person they were bc they were aggy 'family'...

that's obviously a selling point for many but she thought it was weird.

It sounds pretty corrupt and unethical. I mean I know that is how the world often works but damn having good old boy network nonsense shouldn't be celebrated as a positive.

"Sorry grad of another school, you may be much more qualified and experienced but the other guy went to A&M. Whoooop!"

Edited by Valmy77

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It sounds pretty corrupt and unethical. I mean I know that is how the world often works but damn having good old boy network nonsense shouldn't be celebrated as a positive.

"Sorry grad of another school, you may be much more qualified and experienced but the other guy went to A&M. Whoooop!"

This bullshit is why I quit the Houston corporate world. Nepotism and they weren't even trying to hide it. Results didn't matter, only the woooop shit did. 

(I also quit because I got tired of keeping my mouth shut while they talked about aggy football as if they mattered)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

They were on a campus tour.  When I went on my safety school's tour - Harvard - they were pretty pro Harvard network too.

I have no problem with them spouting off about their network, but let's not put the aggy network in the same category with the Harvard network.  Nice humble brag though.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

12 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

They were on a campus tour.  When I went on my safety school's tour - Harvard - they were pretty pro Harvard network too.

I only went on a few campus tours and nobody mentioned the corruption angle. Sucks that is a thing, but yeah I guess that is not only an A&M thing.

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I have no problem with them spouting off about their network, but let's not put the aggy network in the same category with the Harvard network.  Nice humble brag though.

They would find some angle to claim they are better than Harvard. Better value or something, like how shitty West Point only wins battles but the vastly superior Corps turds win wars.

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Or Cutco.

hey man, i sold cutco summer of '86.  banked $3k which paid for the yamaha amp, cd player, turntable, equalizer and tuner, the monster cable, and the polk audio sound cannons.

and all of the Double-D edge knives are STILL sharp 33 years later.

made in uhmerika.  best quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

hey man, i sold cutco summer of '86.  banked $3k which paid for the yamaha amp, cd player, turntable, equalizer and tuner, the monster cable, and the polk audio sound cannons.

and all of the Double-D edge knives are STILL sharp 33 years later.

made in uhmerika.  best quality.

And how's that yamaha amp, cd player, turntable, equalizer and tuner working for you these days?  Polk audio sound cannons still blasting for you?  

I can picture that setup, all in a nice tower, with the tower speakers.  I didn't sell cutco, so I couldn't afford that back in the day.  

aggy would've gotten the whole setup for $1500 from the aggy network.  Advantage aggy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nnm said:

And how's that yamaha amp, cd player, turntable, equalizer and tuner working for you these days?  Polk audio sound cannons still blasting for you?  

I can picture that setup, all in a nice tower, with the tower speakers.  I didn't sell cutco, so I couldn't afford that back in the day.  

aggy would've gotten the whole setup for $1500 from the aggy network.  Advantage aggy.

aggy drives a white van?

53:00 - 59:00

Looch gives his take on what happened with Johnny Idiotface, says from what he gathered talking to him, that this is actually better for JFF, that this was more of a mutual parting of ways, and he's glad he's no longer going to play a football game in Canada. Essentially, Sunshine Pump City. 

He even said that the CFL is the Cleveland Browns of football leagues as a way to downplay the severity of this. I guess he doesn't get the irony that the Browns drafted Johnny? I prefer not to psycho analyze that moron's psyche. 

Also another good nugget, Olin Buchanan at 11:30 - 15:30 showed too much aggy woke and gave a rant about Johnny and how he's so tired of hearing about his saga and missteps. I fully expect him to turn in his letter of resignation and jizz jar to Looch by Friday afternoon. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/Pj_aBYNPjOk/0112943-qryj.mp3

Holy shit, I just realized aggy yearbook was called the longhorn.

So how does modern aggy reconcile that little gem in their history?  

There's a thread on texags where they rationalize the Kream and Kow Klub front for the KKK.  Apparently the klan was a highly respected group, and really weren't racist for most of their past, rather their disdain was for foreigners and Catholics.  

The complete lack of awareness that place breeds is amazing.  

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

53:00 - 59:00

Looch gives his take on what happened with Johnny Idiotface, says from what he gathered talking to him, that this is actually better for JFF, that this was more of a mutual parting of ways, and he's glad he's no longer going to play a football game in Canada. Essentially, Sunshine Pump City. 

He even said that the CFL is the Cleveland Browns of football leagues as a way to downplay the severity of this. I guess he doesn't get the irony that the Browns drafted Johnny? I prefer not to psycho analyze that moron's psyche. 

Also another good nugget, Olin Buchanan at 11:30 - 15:30 showed too much aggy woke and gave a rant about Johnny and how he's so tired of hearing about his saga and missteps. I fully expect him to turn in his letter of resignation and jizz jar to Looch by Friday afternoon. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/Pj_aBYNPjOk/0112943-qryj.mp3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4XQAJpEH4PPzDG_D9lLU

"This is most excellent news for Johnny. He should never have been subjected to Canadian league in forst place! It is beneath him and he will destroy all defense attempts to stop him! His return is a sign of the impending demise of all infidel longhorns"    

• Like 4

"In a surprise announcement this morning, Shelley Eubanks Potter ’78 learned that she is one of 2019’s Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University.

Potter is the national president of Chi Omega, the sorority whose Texas A&M chapter she helped found. She is an Outstanding Alumna of A&M’s College of Architecture and a past chair of The Association’s board.

Learn more about this award, presented jointly by the university and The Association, and nominate a deserving Aggie for 2020 at tx.ag/DA2019. "

52527180_10156486377119753_8851923280613

In a surprise announcement this afternoon, Dr. Richard Box ’61 learned that he is one of 2019’s Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University.

Box helped lead A&M’s 2012 transition to the Southeastern Conference during his 2011-2013 tenure as chairman of the A&M System Board of Regents, and was commanding general of the Texas State Guard 2000-2006.

Learn more about this award, presented jointly by the university and The Association, and nominate a deserving Aggie for 2020 at tx.ag/DA2019. 

52983058_10156484959334753_7792503733731

In a surprise announcement today, Phil Adams ’70 learned that he is one of 2019’s Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University.

Adams has served Texas A&M and the A&M System for many years. Currently in his third six-year term as a regent of the A&M System, he served as chairman of the board of regents from 2013 to 2015.

Learn more about this award, presented jointly by the university and The Association, and nominate a deserving Aggie for 2020 at tx.ag/DA2019. 
52732962_10156484412834753_3891934604394