• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

This bullshit is why I quit the Houston corporate world. Nepotism and they weren't even trying to hide it. Results didn't matter, only the woooop shit did. 

(I also quit because I got tired of keeping my mouth shut while they talked about aggy football as if they mattered)

I can only speak from my +45 years in the business world. But, that little bit of loyalty only went so far, and isn’t inclusive of aggy. Off the top of my head I have experienced similar shit from Stanford, Georgia Tech, and a few shit Ohio schools like Youngstown grads that come to mind. I mention those simply because they feed a lot of companies in my line of work in the mid-west. A situation where your school of choice could help get you an interview when you are young with limited work experience.

Depending on what you do, and who is doing the actual hiring (did the owner or Prez hire you. Or did some genius in HR). People who care about the health of the company will hire who they feel is going to be an asset. If you’re a shit stick, but you share the same Alma Mater, they will simply tell you to fuck off with a smile on their face.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

"In a surprise announcement this morning, Shelley Eubanks Potter ’78 learned that she is one of 2019’s Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University.

Potter is the national president of Chi Omega, the sorority whose Texas A&M chapter she helped found. She is an Outstanding Alumna of A&M’s College of Architecture and a past chair of The Association’s board.

Learn more about this award, presented jointly by the university and The Association, and nominate a deserving Aggie for 2020 at tx.ag/DA2019. "

52527180_10156486377119753_8851923280613

I thought the Earp brothers and Doc wiped out that thieving red sash gang in Tombstone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Why are people squatting when the camera is positioned above all of their heads?

it's called 'humping'.

they say 'hump it, ags!'

one of the fascinating things i learned this week

Edited by mchookem

Please stop posting so many pictures of these fucktards after 10 pm and before 6am. I need to have two cups of coffee in the morning to wake up. Seeing these pictures first thing in the mornings is making me start on the whiskey instead. My Spec's bill is getting out of hand due to your actions. My liver also thanks you for your consideration in this matter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

48361379_10156317711909753_9112718462240

47686927_10156317711869753_5227201320670

A bunch of aggys came to a Boulevard while I was at SMU for an OOC game one year (a bunch as in droves and droves of them). The Texas kids were used to their goobery. The out of state kids mostly walked around with expressions of "Who in the fuck are these people?"

Highly doubt they stole any Mustang pussy that day. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Magus, care to elaborate on this procedure??

“He has a very slight tear in his cartilage, but they can sew it,” the head coach explained to Zwerneman. “By sewing it, they keep you out longer, but that way you don’t ever lose the cartilage. …“If they had clipped it, he would have been back in two weeks. But we elected to sew it, and he’ll be fine.”

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Highly doubt they stole any Mustang pussy that day. 

there weren't any girls on their campus at that point so literally all they had were the whores in LaGrange and the coeds on other Texas campuses

given the natural Aggie inclination to lie about everything, all the time, that became "a lotta them whores were actually t.u. undergrads payin their way through college" and "all the (other Texas school) girls wanted to be with us Aggie he-man cause we's so macho"

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Life imitates art.

aggy_lifeimitatesart.jpg

Genius.   I'm glad someone else saw this and had  the skills to create the graphic.  The resemblances are uncanny.  

BTW, I did a Google search for Jim Earle, whose name appears on the Hitler character, to see if maybe it was a self-portrait.  Turns out the he was a bit of a legend, and just recently died.  http://obituaries.jacksonvilleprogress.com/obituary/dr-james-apos-jim-apos-earle-1072601549

Seems like a pretty cool guy, with a bit of self-awareness.  He wrote a cartoon strip for the Battalion with characters named Cadet Slouch, Simp. Cedric, Squirt, and Fish Jethro.  Here's some of his other work.

Tie-the-Hell-out-of-Baylor.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV-3GYwr9iAB2EZLRt3g43axiMduppSNWRdV0L7yNxB2nF_nOpGA

TA-freshmen.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Life imitates art.

aggy_lifeimitatesart.jpg

I was actually going to make the same comment, but you did it so much more eloquently.  They are at least self aware.  Funny that they draw themselves as dorks stealing the other team's girls.  

I have yet to see that happen by the way.  Seems like they always need other cultists to actually breed (see wedding photos from this thread).

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Magus, care to elaborate on this procedure??

“He has a very slight tear in his cartilage, but they can sew it,” the head coach explained to Zwerneman. “By sewing it, they keep you out longer, but that way you don’t ever lose the cartilage. …“If they had clipped it, he would have been back in two weeks. But we elected to sew it, and he’ll be fine.”

He had a meniscus tear. Some of them are not fixable-- the surgery is just to trim out the flap. Some are amenable to being sewed back together. If there is no repair to protect (i.e. the torn flap was trimmed out), players can return very quickly. If the meniscus is repaired, most surgeons will restrict even from bearing weight for 4-6 weeks.

22 hours ago, nnm said:

And how's that yamaha amp, cd player, turntable, equalizer and tuner working for you these days?  Polk audio sound cannons still blasting for you?  

I can picture that setup, all in a nice tower, with the tower speakers.  I didn't sell cutco, so I couldn't afford that back in the day.  

aggy would've gotten the whole setup for $1500 from the aggy network.  Advantage aggy.

the last working item, the yamaha amp, died last fall.  32 years of yeoman service.

the woofers on the polks finally split about 5 years ago.  just need to get them replaced.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

"In a surprise announcement this morning, Shelley Eubanks Potter ’78 learned that she is one of 2019’s Distinguished Alumni, the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Texas A&M University.

Potter is the national president of Chi Omega, the sorority whose Texas A&M chapter she helped found. She is an Outstanding Alumna of A&M’s College of Architecture and a past chair of The Association’s board.

Learn more about this award, presented jointly by the university and The Association, and nominate a deserving Aggie for 2020 at tx.ag/DA2019. "

52527180_10156486377119753_8851923280613

Bevo should start attending all pressers for CDC, Fenves & Therm.

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Not sure why you’re writing about this when you should be concentrating on how Ray Liotta quit smoking while using Chantix.

That Ray Liotta ad series cannot be enticing anyone to use Chantix.  If anything, it'll scare them the hell away from that.  Apparently one of the side effects of Chantix is to make you look like a meth addict.   

37 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Stupid sip.  The honor code only applies to aggy.  Although JFF is the ultimate display of aggy vim and vigor, his instagram girlie isn't subject to the prohibitions against lying, cheating, or stealing (which no aggy ever does).  Everything about her is real, dontchaknow?

Advantage aggy.  

44 minutes ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Well, if she didn't cheat...she ran a 4:00 min mile for the last 6 miles, while stopping along the way to pose for pics!