Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Hello, all. I actually reached out to this Ukranian woman, Ekaterina, on everyone's behalf to see if she can help us with our ongoing relationship problem. I will post her response (if I get it.) Note: I used her pic in an earlier post but referred to her as Ludmilla. 

Ekaterina-Letter.jpg  

Hello, Ekaterina.

I hope you are well.

I am looking for a new relationship because my old ones were not the greatest. You look very nice. 

I live in Texas and I have had a very long and bad relationship with someone who lives to the east of me. They did a lot of stupid things every day and didn't understand how strange everyone thought they were. I never really liked them, but some people forced us to spend time together. I even tried to help them financially. A few years ago, they left and now spend all of their time with people who don't really like them either. Even worse, they never stop talking about how wonderful their new friends are and how they are better than everyone else, even though they still haven't accomplished anything! I wish they would go away but for some reason, they never stop contacting me. 

I am in a current relationship with someone who lives to the north of me, but they are very abusive to women and even tried to cover the whole thing up, but luckily, they got caught. They say they are better now, but I don't trust them. 

Sorry to speak for so long but as you can see, I am looking for a better relationship with someone who is smart, happy and normal. 

Thanks so much for your time!    

Lonely Texan

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/29/2019 at 10:19 AM, Randolph Duke said:

When the wheels fall off for Jimbo in October, he is going to get his lackeys who are also economically to aggy athletics to start bleating “Jimbo’s problem is he doesn’t yet have ‘his guys’ and is being held back by ‘Sumlin’s recruiting mistakes’”

Conformity to that line of aggyspeak will buy Jimbo two more years, but it will also be a signal to players such as Leon, James Foster, etc, that Jimbo is throwing the players under the bus and they need to hit the transfer portal immediately.

When TexAgs starts with that line of bullshit, we all will know what is going on inside that program. 

Not to defend Jimbo, but have you seen Leon play? 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

In the wars on grammar and conjugation, the Aggies be fearless on every' front! They never loose!

In the defense of aggy, payscale.com did an online survey and confirmed most Fortune 500 CEOs communicate at a 8th grade level and had no chance at earning a passing grade in English 101 at most respectable universities.

Advantage Blinndergarten. (swidt?)

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

In the defense of aggy, payscale.com did an online survey and confirmed most Fortune 500 CEOs communicate at a 8th grade level and had no chance at earning a passing grade in English 101 at most respectable universities.

Advantage Blinndergarten. (swidt?)

Hey aggy:

Words of advice....if you ever need a character witness for your school, traditions, athletics....anything aggy-related.....well, well.....don't call RD to bail you out!

• Like 2

I think it is hilarious that aggys believe I have any emotional attachment (hate or otherwise) toward Texas A&M. 

I believe they do not deserve to retain their status as a branch of The University Of Texas. 

I also believe, especially after what we saw when the LSU white trash rednecks were on campus this fall, that we should never invite any of the white trash S!E!C! fan base (including the aggy fan base) onto the UT campus. 

aggys epitomize white trash rednecks.

Never again on our campus.

We should declare our entire campus “sacred grass.”

aggys never set foot on sacred grass that has been declared “sacred” for no reason. Lol

Edited by Randolph Duke

I think it is hilarious that aggys believe I have any emotional attachment (hate or otherwise) toward Texas A&M. 

I believe they do not deserve to retain their status as a branch of The University Of Texas. 

I also believe, especially after what we saw when the LSU white trash rednecks were on campus this fall, that we should never invite any of the white trash S!E!C! fan base (including the aggy fan base) onto the UT campus. 

aggys epitomize white trash rednecks.

Never again on our campus.

We should declare our entire campus “sacred grass.”

aggys never set foot on sacred grass that has been declared “sacred” for no reason. Lol

I thought we (Ole Miss) were a pretty good home and home. Hardest thing I ever did was cheer against Texas wearing the storm trooper unis in Oxford. However, the following year, when Ole Miss showed up in Austin wearing all white uniforms for the first time ever....well, let’s just say that I had fun, and Col. Homesick did not.

But we were decent guests in Austin, as y’all were in Oxford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

CDC set up home-and-homes with Georgia, Florida, and Bama next decade, so you have some lobbying to do.

Wow. A 40yr old drops a tad bit of knowledge on them regarding his lifetime as an aggy fan, and while most are on board, this dipshit chimes in.

“Over 1980-2018, tu has avg 1/2 a win a season more than we have. And they've played most of their games in the sucky big-12.

If your life started in 1980, you missed 85-98 or so, our best years. And tu played the same sucky conference we did back then.”

Again. Wow.

In case you haven't heard, aggy actually is letting one of their system schools move up to the big boy leagues.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/09/30/tarleton-state-set-to-move-to-division-i-in-2020?ref=article_preview_img

So look for Tarleton State to appear on an aggy schedule in the near future next ACU, Lamar,  and UIW.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Wow. A 40yr old drops a tad bit of knowledge on them regarding his lifetime as an aggy fan, and while most are on board, this dipshit chimes in.

“Over 1980-2018, tu has avg 1/2 a win a season more than we have. And they've played most of their games in the sucky big-12.

If your life started in 1980, you missed 85-98 or so, our best years. And tu played the same sucky conference we did back then.”

Again. Wow.

The Modern Era always starts after Texas won 6 or 7 straight SWC titles and A&M was terrible. They've learned to parrot the same phrases to justify this just like the idiocy they spout about their traditions and the lies they tell about their history.

The statement about OU and Texas knocking them out of the top position suggests they'd owned that spot for decades. They were the anomaly, not us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Exactly.  But somehow also includes 1939, 1927, and 1919.

The 1927 "championship" is especially comical. They were challenged by Tennessee to a post-season bowl game, but declined to play the game. Yet they claim a "championship."

By the way, has anyone heard from our dear friend Olin how the ags are doing at perfecting their "killer instinct?" lol. Olin is such an idiot. He's aggy to the corps.

large.2034152280_olinkillerinstinct.jpeg.7efd8aa8af91e9c23ca65014d600260d.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

The 1927 "championship" is especially comical. They were challenged by Tennessee to a post-season bowl game, but declined to play the game. Yet they claim a "championship."

Well, they ran away from playing us in conference yet they claim superiority over us every year since leaving.

I never realized refusing to play games so you can claim you would have won them was such a time honored turdition for them, but not surprising.

15 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Well, they ran away from playing us in conference yet they claim superiority over us every year since leaving.

I never realized refusing to play games so you can claim you would have won them was such a time honored turdition for them, but not surprising.

Let's not forget the first ever aggy football game. Against Texas in 1894. After halftime was over, down 38-0, they refused to come out to play the second half.

Running away and not wanting to play us has been an aggy turdition, literally from the start of their football program.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's simultaneously the best idea they ever came up with, and the ultimate Aggie joke

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

They're 1939 championship isn't a lot better. They were awarded the AP NC before the bowl games. In their bowl, they narrowly beat #5 Tulane 14-13 with a blocked extra point.

Meanwhile, #3 USC beat previously unbeaten AND UNSCORED UPON #2 Tennessee 14-0.

After the bowls, the Dickinson system awarded the NC to USC.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Modessit said:

They're 1939 championship isn't a lot better. They were awarded the AP NC before the bowl games. In their bowl, they narrowly beat #5 Tulane 14-13 with a blocked extra point.

To be fair, all the bowls were like that.  They had no real outcome on the season - more as a "reward".  One of our titles was awarded pre-bowl game, that we subsequently lost.  Utilizing current bowl significance on prior title awards is a mistake.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

By the way, I just looked and yes, A&M athletics is still repaying the interest-free loan it received from the academic side back in 2006. I think it is scheduled to be fully repaid in 2028.

But Texags claims they are the richest and most valuable program in CFB.

Just now, Randolph Duke said:

By the way, I just looked and yes, A&M athletics is still repaying the interest-free loan it received from the academic side back in 2006. I think it is scheduled to be fully repaid in 2028.

Where do you look up this type of information?  Are there public records available for all loans and payments for all public schools?  

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

To be fair, all the bowls were like that.  They had no real outcome on the season - more as a "reward".  One of our titles was awarded pre-bowl game, that we subsequently lost.  Utilizing current bowl significance on prior title awards is a mistake.  

Prior to the poll era (1936), the game of college football was not considered to be a truly national sport, which is why there was no effort to name a true national champion. Pre-WWII, the conferences, not the states, set the rules. Those rules were not standardized in any respect with respect to eligibility, or even officiating rules. Remember, the Southeastern conference wasn't even created until 1933.

Also, many northern schools didn't schedule southern schools because segregation in the south caused issues for integrated northern teams when their black players traveled with the team to play in the south.

Claiming any national championship during the pre-poll era is absurd. Doing so demonstrates a significant lack of understanding about the history of college football. That the aggys claim the 1927 title while ducking a bowl game against Tennessee is significant, because few aggys even mention that bit of history when "justifying" their claim to that title. (They also never speak of their first ever football game in 1894, against UT, where the team quit at halftime.)

The title Texas recognizes in spite of losing the bowl game is the 1970 title where the sportswriters awarded the title to Texas prior to the Cotton Bowl game against Notre Dame. It was legitimately conferred upon Texas by the writers according to their normal rules and practices. It was never rescinded by the sportswriters after the Cotton Bowl loss.

Edited by Randolph Duke

10 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Where do you look up this type of information?  Are there public records available for all loans and payments for all public schools?  

It's public information available on the A&M website. Just google "Texas A&M 2020 budget"

https://budget.tamu.edu/reports/

When you pull up the report use "find" for "stadium." The $1.6mil loan repayment is that loan.

The Dept of Education athletics financial reports are due to be filed by Oct 15. They will eventually show up here:

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

System financial reports filed with federal securities regulators can be found here:

https://emma.msrb.org/IssueView/Details/ES381028

The NCAA athletics financial reports, as of Dec 31 of each year, are available via open records act requests filed with the school.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I have no problem with them claiming the 1939 title. They were awarded a trophy for it at the time. It only sucks for them that none of those people are still alive to regale the rest of us with stories of their heroism.

The other two "championships" they now claim are just as fake as 2 or the 3 Big 12 championships they claim. But I learned a long time ago to never take an aggy at his word. They lie about things that matter and things that don't matter.

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Claiming any national championship during the pre-poll era is absurd.

In certain regions of the country, this is true, but it is hard to begrudge Michigan or Harvard for claiming a "national" championship for 1901 as one example. As the sport spread across the country, slowly, the best teams from each region began to equalize. Chicago, Wisconsin, and Michigan were all capable of competing with Ivy League opponents by the first decade of the 20th century; it took longer for the best southwestern teams, and longer still for the best Pacific coast teams, to reach that level. 

It's really just a quirk of terminology. 

The bigger problem with "national" championships from that era is the selector. Nothing pre-wire-service poll is very reliable; nothing retroactive is worth fucking anything at all. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

39 minutes ago, Modessit said:

That is just how the national championship worked back then. At least the 1939 team knew they had just won the national championship and got to celebrate that. The 1927 and 1919 players all went to their graves not knowing what they would one day be declared retroactively to have won.