• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

To me the hill county runs from Temple/Belton to Brownwood out west.

To me, east Texas starts at the western edge of the sewage spill on the aggy campus and goes east, with increasingly dense populations of white trash living in trailer homes, breeding within their own family, living off of welfare checks, and supporting S!E!C! football teams.

Once one reaches the edge of the great lake of aggy excrement better known as College Station, does it really matter how it is defined?

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Lying cocksucker is lying. Arkysaw was second fiddle. Third fiddle rotated among SMU, Baylor,and TCU. Until the outright purchasing of recruits set in, agi was at best fighting pouting for fourth or lower fiddle. Druther have four basses than four fiddles, Spinal Tap notwithstanding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

How does one refer to 16 losing seasons in 17 years as part of "a life above average"? They haven't put two consecutive seasons together above .500 in conference play since the Backstreet Boys were ruling the world of popular music.

aggy football is defined by struggles to achieve mediocrity, interrupted by rare seasons where they dream of again finishing as high as 5th in the polls.

I thing all schools should be required to use music from the year of their school's highest accomplishment as the song played when the team takes the field to start every game.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Subtract the years of cheating and their record gets a lot worse.

Their problem is their school, and their athletic department, are run by aggys.

The ags love to claim they are the "nation's cradle of corporate CEOs," but aggys can't run a football program or a school, let alone a corporation. When aggy Darren Woods took over as CEO of Exxon (from Rex), Exxon stock was at $90/share. Today it is trading at $67/share. That is a loss of $97 billion in market cap since the aggy started running the company.

NEVER LET AN AGGY HAVE ANY LEADERSHIP ROLE IN ANY ORGANIZATION. THEY ARE DUMBFUCKS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Their problem is their school, and their athletic department, are run by aggys.

The ags love to claim they are the "nation's cradle of corporate CEOs," but aggys can't run a football program or a school, let alone a corporation. When aggy Darren Woods took over as CEO of Exxon (from Rex), Exxon stock was at $90/share. Today it is trading at $67/share. That is a loss of $97 billion in market cap since the aggy started running the company.

NEVER LET AN AGGY HAVE ANY LEADERSHIP ROLE IN ANY ORGANIZATION. THEY ARE DUMBFUCKS.

From what I understand, a recently hired Director of Facilities (if there is such a position) at UT is an aggy grad.

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

From what I understand, a recently hired Director of Facilities (if there is such a position) at UT is an aggy grad.

UT hired Steve Patterson and Charlie Strong, so it isn’t as if UT hasn’t fucked up massively on who they hire.

If it is true, don’t drink the water on campus, and don’t stand near the SEZ project. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

36 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Subtract the years of cheating and their record gets a lot worse.

Someone can Google up “List of Southwest Conference Football Standings” at Wikipedia and they can add up all their wins & losses while they were a member of the SWC, plus their ranking in the conference for every season.

Edited by Armybrat

4 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

Y’all evidently don’t understand Texas geography: East Texas damned sure starts at I-35. Anybody ever been to Bastrop?

Outside of “the lost forest” on 71, pine trees don’t grow in quantity in Central Texas. The climate dictates the vegetation as well as the geographic boundaries of the regions of Texas. 

I'm looking at post-season bowl projections.

After losing to the South Carolina Tigers, the Alabama Tigers, probably a loss to the Louisiana Tigers, the Georgia Bulldogs and the Mississippi Bulldogs, the Texas Aggies look to be heading toward a match-up with the Pennsylvania Lions at the Outback Bowl (according to CBS Sports).

ESPN has the Texas Aggies either playing the Kansas Wildcats or the Texas Horned Frogs at the "whatever the name is currently" Bowl in Houston.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm looking at post-season bowl projections.

After losing to the South Carolina Tigers, the Alabama Tigers, probably a loss to the Louisiana Tigers, the Georgia Bulldogs and the Mississippi Bulldogs, the Texas Aggies look to be heading toward a match-up with the Pennsylvania Lions at the Outback Bowl (according to CBS Sports).

ESPN has the Texas Aggies either playing the Kansas Wildcats or the Texas Horned Frogs at the "whatever the name is currently" Bowl in Houston.

Odds are again high they get sent to Nashville or Memphis or whatever 

Caught a little of the College Football 150 episode last night -- had no idea this was a series -- and they were talking about football's transition from "one platoon" to "two platoon" and what-not. It occurred to me the last (and only) time aggy won the MNC, it wasn't even really football that was being played.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

We should never hire Aggies for anything that involves supervision and I mean that literally and explicitly. You can bring in Aggie individual contributors if you must, but they can't be in charge of anything involving strategy, contingency, or hiring. 

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Caught a little of the College Football 150 episode last night -- had no idea this was a series -- and they were talking about football's transition from "one platoon" to "two platoon" and what-not. It occurred to me the last (and only) time aggy won the MNC, it wasn't even really football that was being played.

That has been one of my points for quite a while. The modern era of college football began with the GIs returning from WWII on the GI Bill. Prior to 1922, there was no functional governance over the sport. Between 1922 and WWII, the conferences were sorting out rules and the game was beginning to become standardized.

Claiming a "national championship" before the game was a national sport is a rather hollow claim, but I guess if you don't understand the history of college football and have a deep-seated insecurity, beating your chest over retroactive "national championships" from before the modern era is what you do.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Claiming a "national championship" before the game was a national sport is a rather hollow claim, but I guess if you don't understand the history of college football and have a deep-seated insecurity, beating your chest over retroactive "national championships" from before the modern era is what you do.

Then imagine a group that would claim 3, 2 of them being recent claims. 

But most will forget that and in 10 years they’ll be referenced on CBS as 3 time national champion aggys. 

Edited by fattyflattie

34 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

That has been one of my points for quite a while. The modern era of college football began with the GIs returning from WWII on the GI Bill. Prior to 1922, there was no functional governance over the sport. Between 1922 and WWII, the conferences were sorting out rules and the game was beginning to become standardized.

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

But most will forget that and in 10 years they’ll be referenced on CBS as 3 time national champion aggys. 

Yeah, any hardware claimed pre-1950 (maybe later) is pretty much white noise.

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just as in the near future CBS will reference Jack Pardee, John Kimbrough, and Lester Hayes as members of the SEC Conference Hall of Fame. 

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

the timing of adding the 'championships' when joining the SEC is classic aggy...

Aggy administration: We need to make new visitors think we are a bigger deal than we really are...

Aggy maintenance department: Say no more fam

spacer.png 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The modern era of college football began with the GIs returning from WWII on the GI Bill.

Did it? That was a long fucking time ago to be considered "modern". You're talking about an era that's pre-two platoon, pre-integration, pre-NCAA disciplinary enforcement. 

I couldn't put a stake in the ground as to when precisely I consider it to have become "modern", but off the top of my head I think of the point at which major (P5) programs could no longer contend for national titles running the wishbone. Not the option, but the wishbone itself. I have nothing against the wishbone, I fucking love it the same way I love a powerfully blocked I-formation toss sweep, but the end of its transition from cutting edge weapon to widespread adoption to service-academy last-resort serves as a useful line of demarcation.

It's hard to be specific, though. I just know when I see 80s CFB games and the QB is play-faking on every single pass regardless of down or distance-- not modern. Three receivers is an exotic or desperation look? Not modern. "Shotgun" refers to a two-back set, the snap taken ten yards behind the line of scrimmage? Not modern. 

40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Did it? That was a long fucking time ago to be considered "modern". You're talking about an era that's pre-two platoon, pre-integration, pre-NCAA disciplinary enforcement. 

I couldn't put a stake in the ground as to when precisely I consider it to have become "modern", but off the top of my head I think of the point at which major (P5) programs could no longer contend for national titles running the wishbone. Not the option, but the wishbone itself. I have nothing against the wishbone, I fucking love it the same way I love a powerfully blocked I-formation toss sweep, but the end of its transition from cutting edge weapon to widespread adoption to service-academy last-resort serves as a useful line of demarcation.

It's hard to be specific, though. I just know when I see 80s CFB games and the QB is play-faking on every single pass regardless of down or distance-- not modern. Three receivers is an exotic or desperation look? Not modern. "Shotgun" refers to a two-back set, the snap taken ten yards behind the line of scrimmage? Not modern. 

Football was integrated.  Certain southern teams were not. But it was integrated everywhere else.