Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

You know what they could do?

They could consider hiring a NON aggie to run their college. Perhaps one that actually has a history in higher education and actually knows what they are doing, instead of just hiring another aggie just because he is the most recognizable aggie available.

They couldn't even stomach having a female president for more than a year, and you expect them to hire a Non-aggie?

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

I am really disappointed and sad. I went to Walmart to look for Halloween costumes. I told the salesperson I also wanted to dress up like Jimbo Fisher this year, like the young waif wanted to. The look she gave me was priceless when she told me "We don't have cuck costumes here you pervert". I have been banned for life.

silicon valley hbo GIF

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

I thought it was well known that Sharp doesn't want Perry anywhere near College Station. Think they are on the outs with each other right now. Sharp is also in total control of that school, and that's how he likes it. 

I am not saying it WILL happen but it's clear as day. If you wanted Perry in charge of TAMU, all you'd have to do is try to get Sharp to commit publicly to some pretty standard Democratic Party planks and then you'd have your pretext for claiming Sharp "DUDN'T REPRASANT AGGIE VALUES" and trying to get him replaced with Perry.

I'm not condoning that, but if Perry and Sharp are enemies, that's a pretty clear gambit for the pro-Perry crowd. 

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's not. But a better idea would be for them to fucking reach down where their balls are supposed to be, fake a little phantom limb action like they have a pair, and schedule a 9th fucking conference game.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sdm said:

How long did you have to plan your escape from the agricultural vortex?

To be able to do it without losing money? A couple of years.

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They pay really, really well in my field.

By "they" do you mean the field? or aggy? Because I grant you there are some engineering professors with choices. But they are far outnumbered by the lecturers aggy employs who are already unemployable at community colleges, or at least, not likely to get more there than they would at HEB, sacking groceries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texaslong said:

I thought it was well known that Sharp doesn't want Perry anywhere near College Station. Think they are on the outs with each other right now. Sharp is also in total control of that school, and that's how he likes it. 

Exactly. Sharp is running the College Station campus as Chancellor. It's not his job, but he sees it as his duty. And he is making things worse, if that's possible. But all those phony magazine lists! And the biggerest student body in Texas!

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

They could consider hiring a NON aggie to run their college. Perhaps one that actually has a history in higher education and actually knows what they are doing, instead of just hiring another aggie just because he is the most recognizable aggie available.

That's not how things work in College Station. Ags know better! Their current president is a non-aggy academic. So of course, Chancellor John Sharp tells him how things are going to happen, because that's what aggy do.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To be able to do it without losing money? A couple of years.

By "they" do you mean the field? or aggy? Because I grant you there are some engineering professors with choices. But they are far outnumbered by the lecturers aggy employs who are already unemployable at community colleges, or at least, not likely to get more there than they would at HEB, sacking groceries.

A&M pays tenure-track faculty way above national average in my field, so they get a lot of good people.  

I hadn't thought about how much they covered their exploding enrollment with adjuncts, though.  Seems like a tough place to find qualified adjuncts.  

no get it? NO JOKE meaning they're still insisting Aggie jokes are a thing of the past

which is horseshit, as anyone who's heard about the Aggie coed who got pulled over can tell you. Bryan-College Station cop pulls a little 325i coupe over, walks to the driver's side door. Driver rolls her window down, it's a cute little Aggie blonde. She squeaks, "OMG!!!! Why did you guys pull me over AGAIN???? That's the third time this week! I'm going to be late for my Intro to Vet Med class up the road!"

The cop says nothing, just unzips his fly and whips out his cock.

She rolls her eyes and squeaks, "OMG NOT ANOTHER BREATHALYZER!"

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

A&M pays tenure-track faculty way above national average in my field, so they get a lot of good people. 

Getting on tenure-track at aggy is much rarer than at your typical university, where it's not as common as it used to be anyway. It's to the point where it's a part of every conversation when you meet someone new at a social event in College Station. "...and I've been putting out my CV, hoping to get tenure track somewhere, but in the meantime, I have to pay my bills."

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is what, a 10 game sample size 7 of which are fcs level opponents, and the rest are losses to auburn and bama and Clemson?

you say this like they have an understanding of the concept of what is and isn't at SSS. but yeah, it is tiny.

3 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

These aggie recruit graphix are so sick!!   #nojoke

Very original productions. I'm sure the recruits are grateful for the time and effort aggy recruiting staff put in on this. Cut/paste/repeat. Cut/paste/repeat. Cut/paste/repeat. Profit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's not. But a better idea would be for them to fucking reach down where their balls are supposed to be, fake a little phantom limb action like they have a pair, and schedule a 9th fucking conference game.

And give them one more cupcake on their schedule? No thanks. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

All kidding aside it would prevent a quarter of their league from being bowl eligible, and would force some to truly look like the dogs they are....

spacer.png

Guaranteed additional loss to half the teams in the league. Instead, they've replaced that ninth conference game with a caliber of team that guarantees the league goes combined 14-0 against them.

6 hours ago, THEHORN5561 said:

These aggie recruit graphix are so sick!!   #nojoke

What is that background? Kyle Field made out of old ladders and used fire escapes? Guess they're going for an urban vibe to lure in those New Jersey 3*'s that may or may not have visited NYC.

• Like 3

Lying cocksucker is lying. Arkysaw was second fiddle. Third fiddle rotated among SMU, Baylor,and TCU. Until the outright purchasing of recruits set in, agi was at best fighting pouting for fourth or lower fiddle. Druther have four basses than four fiddles, Spinal Tap notwithstanding.
agi?

above ground interferrence?

anal goiter insertion?

ape gargling incel?

what the fuck are you talking about agi?

We should never hire Aggies for anything that involves supervision and I mean that literally and explicitly. You can bring in Aggie individual contributors if you must, but they can't be in charge of anything involving strategy, contingency, or hiring. 
so, you flip burgers.

Did it? That was a long fucking time ago to be considered "modern". You're talking about an era that's pre-two platoon, pre-integration, pre-NCAA disciplinary enforcement. 
I couldn't put a stake in the ground as to when precisely I consider it to have become "modern", but off the top of my head I think of the point at which major (P5) programs could no longer contend for national titles running the wishbone. Not the option, but the wishbone itself. I have nothing against the wishbone, I fucking love it the same way I love a powerfully blocked I-formation toss sweep, but the end of its transition from cutting edge weapon to widespread adoption to service-academy last-resort serves as a useful line of demarcation.
It's hard to be specific, though. I just know when I see 80s CFB games and the QB is play-faking on every single pass regardless of down or distance-- not modern. Three receivers is an exotic or desperation look? Not modern. "Shotgun" refers to a two-back set, the snap taken ten yards behind the line of scrimmage? Not modern. 
so, atomic bombs and jet engines and rockets aren't modern?

jesus fucking shit dicks you are stupid beyond belief.

Letting a little boy dress up like Jimbo Fisher for Halloween is one step removed from letting him dress up like a ballerina or a princess. It's child abuse.
And my daughter is two and a half, not seven, but I feel pretty sure the phrase "date my daughter" isn't something I"m going to say until she's old enough to start dating. What the fuck.
so letting a little kid put on a aggy polo shirt and aggy hat and call himself jimbo fisher is child abuse eh?

lulz

Draw a line running from the Red River in north central Lamar County (Paris) southwest to east central Limestone County (Groesbeck) and then south and east toward Galveston Bay (Harris and Chambers counties).  Anything that lies east of that line and west of our borders with Arkansas and Louisiana can pretty safely be referred to as East Texas.

well except the part the is The Gulf Coast. which in that part of the state is effectively south of I10.

he fraid perry gonna hogg the glory holes in the msc?

I seem to recall them trying this once and the results were very good, but that guy had to leave to go help the Country.
so you are saying they should hire Bob Iger?