Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Sydney and Greenspoint, being essentially the same person, have hit on the salient point here. Any argument for playing A&M that includes any aspect of "bragging rights" is already fatally flawed and can be dismissed with prejudice, for two reasons:

1) We already have all the bragging rights we can ever get over A&M. We're a far superior and far more respected University, which is the point of all of this. Our football program is far more accomplished and would have a legitimate shot on the life raft if they cut CFB down to ten teams total. We matter, they don't. 

2) There is nothing you can do, no defeat so embarrassing, to an Aggie that he will shut his stupid gob. None. Johnny Jolly did a sack dance while down 77-0 in 2003. Stephen McGee started-- started-- taunting our defenders in 2008 when the score was 21-3 en route to 49-9, most famously jumping up wobbly from a Sergio Kindle sack and barking. Just the fact that you haven't beaten them tomorrow or next year is all the ammunition they need to tell you how much better they're going to be than you.

There are other reasons to want to play A&M, but the idea that you can get or enhance bragging rights over A&M by beating them shows a total lack of understanding of what Aggies are, how they think, and what their track record proves they'll do. 

This link can't be embedded but if you cut and paste, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/Fap5SLzX46Y?t=4414

• Like 5

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Great take.  I sound like a aggie cause I like beating them.....   Also they won’t be replacing a ranked team if we play in the next four years they would replace a cupcake.  You are much more worried about what atm is doing then me obviously if you are so upset by this....

I’m not upset by what they’re doing you illiterate dipshit. Hence wanting nothing to do with them. I’m upset by what stupid members of our fan base like YOU are saying. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Sydney and Greenspoint, being essentially the same person

Listen. First off fuck you. Fuck you brutally. 

But I have to give you credit, I do think that’s the most painful insult I’ve received in my 10 years or so posting on these sites. So yup, that’s a good one.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m not upset by what they’re doing you illiterate dipshit. Hence wanting nothing to do with them. I’m upset by what stupid members of our fan base like YOU are saying. 

Yes it’s SO stupid to want to beat a rival again and have a fun game as a fan....  🙄.  I understand the downside and not wanting to play by some but as a fan I think to play them in the next few years would be fun and we would win, so yea I’m a huge dipshit for that lol.  Some of y’all just overthink about them way too much.

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Yes it’s SO stupid to want to beat a rival again and have a fun game as a fan....  🙄.  

But that's not what you were arguing that got your pants pulled down. If you want to play A&M because you think it's fun, because you like playing rivalry games regardless of the risk/reward, if you like the tradition of playing them, if you think our conference schedule is shit without teams like A&M on it-- all reasonable. Those are literally some of the reasons CDC is considering it.

Wanting to do it because "derp we'd get bragging rights", that's silly. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen. First off fuck you. Fuck you brutally. 

But I have to give you credit, I do think that’s the most painful insult I’ve received in my 10 years or so posting on these sites. So yup, that’s a good one.  

thank you, I have been working on my CTJ impression for some time now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

But that's not what you were arguing that got your pants pulled down. If you want to play A&M because you think it's fun, because you like playing rivalry games regardless of the risk/reward, if you like the tradition of playing them, if you think our conference schedule is shit without teams like A&M on it-- all reasonable. Those are literally some of the reasons CDC is considering it.

Wanting to do it because "derp we'd get bragging rights", that's silly. 

Actually, while it's true that the bragging rights argument is clearly absurd, I'd argue that the "having fun" bit is overstated, too. The funnest games are the ones where there's something on the line. My favorites of all the games I've attended personally were the UH night game back when I was still a student, and the 2005 game at aggy, which was the only game I attended during the NC run. In both cases, there was something important on the line. And the UH game was more exciting, because it wasn't all about "not fucking up against these jokers."

When looking at the future schedules, there's a reason why you get more excited about some games than others. Playing Alabama? You're damned straight that gets the blood pumping. Playing UTSA? Meh. Whatever. And if playing UTSA were to include an element of sheep-humping, sword-waving, homoerotic milkman dan stupidity, then it would be a double helping of "no thank you."

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'd argue that the "having fun" bit is overstated, too.

It's not fun for me. I cannot stand losing to those worthless inbred fucks and beating them is like counting the money in my wallet. The 2005 game was just about the worst experience of my football-watching life; to this day, I cannot think of a single other game we could have lost that would have devastated me more.

2006 was really pretty bad too-- I think it bothers me more today than it did at the time. Fucking Mack Brown and fucking Greg Davis. And fuck every Aggie who cheered when they cheap-shotted Colt in the fourth and on top of that, fuck every Longhorn player who didn't start a brawl over it. The meek way our guys accepted that shit-- it really makes me question how we ever had the locker-room chemistry to bounce back in 2008 and 2009. 

Risk/reward is all fucked up playing a cult whose identity is "we exist to compare ourselves with Texas and to do anything, including cheating, to beat them". 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Ok if we beat them twice in a row in the sec..  What the fuck could they even say anymore, there would be nothing left for them to claim over us.  It would be case closed.  They obviously think they are better cause sec, after that they would be much more quite for sure.   It’s a huge rivalry game that I don’t understand people that don’t want to see us dominate again for a couple years. 

Beating them 10 times in a row won’t shut them up. They have an ability to rationalize absolutely any situation so that it proves their superiority.

Let me give you an example if UT beats them 2 times in a row:  “It was a meaningless game. Our boys know it doesn’t mafter unless it’s a SECX3 game. We only get up for the big games, which are only SECX3 games, and really only SECX3 West games. You go ahead and enjoy your little playground in the BDF while we play with the big boys. Stupid sip. Advantage aggy.”

• Like 2

Upside: it might be fun to watch; it would attract national attention as a “historic rivalry” and SEC matchup.

Downside: they will bleat irrespective of how frequently, recently, or badly we have beaten them; they will cheap-shot our guys; It is hard to imagine a less interesting or enjoyable town to visit for road games; we get no credit for beating them; we already have scoreboard on those ovocopulants from the greatest game- and series-ending kick for which we could wish

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Upside: it might be fun to watch; it would attract national attention as a “historic rivalry” and SEC matchup.

Downside: they will bleat irrespective of how frequently, recently, or badly we have beaten them; they will cheap-shot our guys; It is hard to imagine a less interesting or enjoyable town to visit for road games; we get no credit for beating them; we already have scoreboard on those ovocopulants from the greatest game- and series-ending kick for which we could wish

I doubt anyone on these esteemed boards will equal the use of "ovocopulants" today. Bravo.

ost-37514-Putin-clapping-gif-Sochi-2014-

3 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Aggy 23 point favs over Pigs.

Ags get pork sweat.

Aggy-45

Porkies-41

Sorry, I don't see it. Arkansas is just so freaking bad, and A&M's defense is pretty good in an unsophisticated way. I expect they'll win this one big and nasty, to re-establish the story that Jimbo's On His Way! To The 2020 National Championship! Best Two-Loss Team In America!!!!!

A&M 52, Arkansas 20

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

And we've been over this a thousand times.  They divorced us and trashed us on the way out the door, then expected us to spread our legs at their pleasure.  Fuck them forever.  And per RD we need to cut them off so they will stop wasting our money.  Right now, they're fucking the neighbors on our dime.  We need a full, clean, divorce.

aggy exists so bammer and crampkitty can take turns hosting recruits in texas every year.  Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Reps to whomever can find the article Scipio wrote when they left.

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Sorry, I don't see it. Arkansas is just so freaking bad, and A&M's defense is pretty good in an unsophisticated way. I expect they'll win this one big and nasty, to re-establish the story that Jimbo's On His Way! To The 2020 National Championship! Best Two-Loss Team In America!!!!!

A&M 52, Arkansas 20

In other words, the rollercoaster is heading up again before its inevitable plunge.

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Your assumption is that the ags would apply real, actual logic to this? To losing to Texas? That they'll rationally concede?

We haven't "shut down the conversation" after a century of dominance, but you think it will happen after two more games?

I'd wager that they'll never, under any circumstance, shut the fuck up. 

This.  We're talking about the fanbase who blames Tom Herman for their best recruit being ruled ineligible his senior year.

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Not to be argumentative, but It sounds like you think it is important to our program to play them. It isn’t.

Surly dudes who are used to banging 9s & 10s (ranked P5 schools) have no need to do mercy fucks with a little fat 4 who is desperate for attention (aggy).

Even a paramour such as myself must agree with this.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

A&M 52, Arkansas 20

Never underestimate the shittiness that is aggy.

Great take.  I sound like a aggie cause I like beating them.....   Also they won’t be replacing a ranked team if we play in the next four years they would replace a cupcake.  You are much more worried about what atm is doing then me obviously if you are so upset by this....

What we have here is failure to communicate, some men you just can’t reach!

27-25 hasn’t shut them up!
76-37-5 hasn’t shut them up!
SEC3 hasn’t shut them up!

What do people not get about this? Only things guaranteed is life are death taxes and aggy never shutting up!!!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

A&M 52, Arkansas 20

My lesson from the last two weeks is that Texas fans way overrate A&M.

33 minutes ago, General Specific said:

What we have here is failure to communicate, some men you just can’t reach!

27-25 hasn’t shut them up!
76-37-5 hasn’t shut them up!
SEC3 hasn’t shut them up!

What do people not get about this? Only things guaranteed is life are death taxes and aggy never shutting up!!!

They have both a strong conference and the largest sports network working full time to perpetuate the myth.

The truth is they are the same group they have always been. Roughly a .650 team, that has proven they can go .650 in the SWC, Big12 and the SEC. different conference, different teams, same results. 

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

They have yet another thread about Mond. Lol this is like the 50th thread they’ve statutes about how he sucks. Pretty good laugh.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3063814

I suppose it's a good thing that I don't understand why they feel the need to have nineteen threads on the same subject. 

Here there would be one thread on Mond and anyone starting another would be justly chastised. 

aggy gonna aggy