2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Patterson would be such an incredible hire which is why it probably wont happen, we dont get nice things. Plus, if the defense sucks next year, you fire PK midseason and let Patterson try and fix it. If that doesnt work you are cleaning house anyway and it only cost us a large shipment of towels

That just proves you should have fired PK the off-season prior imo

So about a certain former Big 12 coach ...

Chip Brown

Spoiler

Chip Brown

... Here's what we can say about the rumblings involving former TCU coach Gary Patterson and Texas:

There's legit smoke but no fire at this point.

Patterson, a top-notch defensive mind with knowledge of the Big 12, is obviously close with Chris Del Conte, who served as GP's athletic director at TCU. And Patterson's wife, Kelsey, is close with former Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds, because Kelsey used to do some work in Dodds' office when she was a student at UT majoring in communications back in the day.

So, the bottom line is Del Conte knows Patterson well, but Steve Sarkisian doesn't. If there's a role for Patterson, as an analyst or something else, and it works both ways, Sarkisian has a conduit to help make that match happen. Patterson is also drawing interest for other oppportunities. So, as we said, there's legit smoke - and the makings for fire - but there's no fire at this point.

It could develop or it might not.

But we've got our eyes on it and will keep you posted.

Just now, Getafix said:

Chip Brown

Hide contents

Chip Brown

... Here's what we can say about the rumblings involving former TCU coach Gary Patterson and Texas:

Patterson, a top-notch defensive mind with knowledge of the Big 12, is obviously close with Chris Del Conte, who served as GP's athletic director at TCU. And Patterson's wife, Kelsey, is close with former Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds, because Kelsey used to do some work in Dodds' office when she was a student at UT majoring in communications back in the day.

So, the bottom line is Del Conte knows Patterson well, but Steve Sarkisian doesn't. If there's a role for Patterson, as an analyst or something else, and it works both ways, Sarkisian has a conduit to help make that match happen. Patterson is also drawing interest for other oppportunities. So, as we said, there's legit smoke - and the makings for fire - but there's no fire at this point.

Knew I should have spent the 995 on Chip instead of Burnt Ends. I mean where else can you get:

"Where there's smoke there's fire.... except for in this case. There's no fire. But maybe there is idk? The athletic director does know the guy. The coach? He doesn't. So maybe he'll come here. Maybe he won't. Thanks ttyl"

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The thought of our media and Patterson together is funny. 

Patterson might murder somebody like Chip Brown. 

"Well, Gary, we have the ultimate perk for you.  You know how you always wanted to strangle someone every time a DB missed an assignment?

You can do that.  We're giving a guy a sideline pass.

Here's his pic.  (It's his best one.)  Have fun."

image.png.75bbc181ac439de3908eeb4a956453a9.png

Edited by Getafix
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Kelsey used to do some work in Dodds' office when she was a student at UT majoring in communications back in the day.

Oh so his wife worked a bit for the Texas AD now separated by like 4 ADs 30 years ago.

Well I'm convinced. 

24 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Chip Brown

Reveal hidden contents

Chip Brown

Hard hitting reporting right there. 

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Chip Brown

Hide contents

Chip Brown

might happen.....might not.  that'll be 9.95.   these guys are a riot.

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Patterson as a coordinator would be a, dare I say, Sabanesque move.

I was an advocate for keeping PK unless a handful of coaches wanted the job. The sweaty man qualifies. Sark is a dumbass if he doesn't go for it, assuming Jimmy Lake or Muschamp or somebody isn't happening.

Edited by Bevo14

52 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I was an advocate for keeping PK unless a handful of coaches wanted the job. The sweaty man qualifies. Sark is a dumbass if he doesn't go for it, assuming Jimmy Lake or Muschamp or somebody isn't happening.

Yes, if you can only bring in Patterson if it means Kwiatkowski has to leave you do it everyday of the week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Y’all gotta get off this Lake or Muschamp kick. It’s a higher likelihood that we get Jon Gruden or name the Ryan brothers as co-DC’s.

Ketch 

Spoiler

Sources at Texas confirm football program's interest in former TCU coach Gary Patterson....

Ketchum 

Just got off the phone with a source with connections to the Texas football program.

The bullet points of what I've been told:

a. There have been conversations with Texas officials and former TCU head coach Gary Patterson about a possible role within the Texas football program in 2022.

b. It is unclear as to whether Patterson has spoken with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian or what specific role Patterson might potentially take with the program, but Patterson has a very good relationship with Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte. The exact specifics of the conversations are yet pinned down, but the expectation is that Patterson would go through Del Conte in early communications.

c. Patterson seems very open minded about the possibility of joining the Texas program based on the impressions our source had received.

d. Patterson is very close with former Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and his wife. In fact, we were told that Patterson visited Dodds last month in a trip to Austin.

e. While our source wasn't sure of the exact position that Patterson might potentially take in the Texas program if such a thing were to actually happen, it isn't believe that Patterson would take an analyst position. What does that mean? It's not a question I can fully answer at this moment.

f. Our source believes that Patterson might also have an interest in a position with Oklahoma if that opportunity popped up in the wake of OU's coaching upheaval. As someone that believed Patterson would only come back as a head coach in his next job, I've been told that Patterson is apparently open-minded about his next step in the profession.

g. Finally, on another note, I asked this source if there were rumblings of potential changes to the staff following the 5-7 season and while this source was very careful with the words that were used, there was a suggestion that nothing should be written in ink with regards to the current make-up of the staff for a variety of potential reasons.

Stay tuned...

11 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

TFB saying Sark and CDC have offered Gary a role as special Ast to the HC.

I like it as long as that also means heavy involvement on defense. As I've said before, it would be good to help take some HC work off Sark's plate so he can spend more time on the offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't see how someone with PK's resume would ever take a demotion as Co-DC with G. Makes no sense. It's a no-win situation. He gets all the blame if we suck and no credit it we don't.

I kind of agree, but hasn’t PK himself already taken that exact demotion once in his career?

Edited by UncleSonny
Viper beat me to it

8 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't see how someone with PK's resume would ever take a demotion as Co-DC with G. Makes no sense. It's a no-win situation. He gets all the blame if we suck and no credit it we don't.

-He’s done it before

-It beats being fired until something else opens up

-Sharing the blame better than shouldering the blame

-If there is any blame Sark will get it and they’re all fucked anyway

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Engel mentioning it is like Ketch saying something. Probably not happening now.

35 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Ketch 

Hide contents

Sources at Texas confirm football program's interest in former TCU coach Gary Patterson....

Ketchum 

Just got off the phone with a source with connections to the Texas football program.

The bullet points of what I've been told:

a. There have been conversations with Texas officials and former TCU head coach Gary Patterson about a possible role within the Texas football program in 2022.

b. It is unclear as to whether Patterson has spoken with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian or what specific role Patterson might potentially take with the program, but Patterson has a very good relationship with Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte. The exact specifics of the conversations are yet pinned down, but the expectation is that Patterson would go through Del Conte in early communications.

c. Patterson seems very open minded about the possibility of joining the Texas program based on the impressions our source had received.

d. Patterson is very close with former Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and his wife. In fact, we were told that Patterson visited Dodds last month in a trip to Austin.

e. While our source wasn't sure of the exact position that Patterson might potentially take in the Texas program if such a thing were to actually happen, it isn't believe that Patterson would take an analyst position. What does that mean? It's not a question I can fully answer at this moment.

f. Our source believes that Patterson might also have an interest in a position with Oklahoma if that opportunity popped up in the wake of OU's coaching upheaval. As someone that believed Patterson would only come back as a head coach in his next job, I've been told that Patterson is apparently open-minded about his next step in the profession.

g. Finally, on another note, I asked this source if there were rumblings of potential changes to the staff following the 5-7 season and while this source was very careful with the words that were used, there was a suggestion that nothing should be written in ink with regards to the current make-up of the staff for a variety of potential reasons.

Stay tuned...

You two need to just post DM's to each other...