2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Bendenbaugh isn't staying to coach for a bowl game lol..  

especially since Riley made it quite clear he’s fucking out. If he brings bedenbaugh I’d expect him there immediately. Bedenbaugh may be seeing about a promotion to stay 

• Like 1

Damn our WR coach candidates are dropping like flies. Sucks that Sark couldn't snag Simmons. So who's left? I guess Colbert and Billy Gonzalez? I guess we might still be able to poach someone like Malcolm Kelly.

I have a feeling it'll be Colbert. Unfortunately that CA pipeline dream just got pretty much shut down by the Riley move...

Kevin Sumlin was a career WR coach, known as a great recruiter, and is close friends with Sark. Sumlin and Tee Martin are guys I think we should pay attention to should the WR coach job open up. Sumlin is a bum of a HC but I wouldn't mind him coaching WR's, certainly an upgrade over Coleman.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Kevin Sumlin was a career WR coach, known as a great recruiter, and is close friends with Sark. Sumlin and Tee Martin are guys I think we should pay attention to should the WR coach job open up. Sumlin is a bum of a HC but I wouldn't mind him coaching WR's, certainly an upgrade over Coleman.

Oh that would be interesting.

I wouldn't want Sumlin coaching my team, but I'd let him coach WRs and recruit.  Just like I wouldn't want Sherman coaching my team, but hell yeah if we wants to evaluate OL from the analyst room and tell us who to go after. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Those are two very interesting options. Tee Martin is the WR coach for the Ravens so I'm not sure we could get him, but I'd be cool with him or the Sumdawg

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Whatever happened to Tyron Carrier? 

Was there ever clarity on what happened at UH? 

No idea but he seems to be unemployed. Would be a great analyst at minimum unless there's some off-field issue.

I forgot about Emmett Jones as another option as well. Sounds like a plus recruiter, no idea on coaching

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh that would be interesting.

I wouldn't want Sumlin coaching my team, but I'd let him coach WRs and recruit.  Just like I wouldn't want Sherman coaching my team, but hell yeah if we wants to evaluate OL from the analyst room and tell us who to go after. 

I don't think my preference for a WR coach is a guy with a net worth of around 30-40 million dollars assuming he pays his taxes. That doesn't scream "hungry" to me. I'm also not sure you want another Sark drinking buddy on campus. Unless the idea is that we get Sark off the wagon publicly and eject him. In that case, great idea. 

The shine has worn off Tee Martin it seems, although that could just be the stench of Clay Helton. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Didn't Sumlin have a bout with alcohol though?  Not sure we need him around Sark.  Or do we?

• Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jimmy Dougherty was Sark's WR coach at Washington and is now QB/PGC at Arizona.  seems eminently gettable if he wants to go that direction.

Lets hope not. I don't know shit about the guy, so if he's some kind of wizard someone can let me know. That being said, he doesn't LOOK like a wizard:

247SPORTS COMPOSITE COACH
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think my preference for a WR coach is a guy with a net worth of around 30-40 million dollars assuming he pays his taxes. That doesn't scream "hungry" to me. I'm also not sure you want another Sark drinking buddy on campus. Unless the idea is that we get Sark off the wagon publicly and eject him. In that case, great idea. 

The shine has worn off Tee Martin it seems, although that could just be the stench of Clay Helton. 

WR coach should be a recruiting hire like the RB coach IMO. There's a level of competence you need, teaching tricks for getting off the line and away from the cheating fucks trying to hold you, but if the receiver doesn't have the talent to catch the fucking ball, you're dead in the water anyway. Maybe I had a shitty WR coach.

13 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Man are y’all serious. The best WR candidate is still out there unless I missed something MICKEY FUCKING JOSEPH!!! Throw the kitchen sink at him and get his ass to Austin..

Most likely Joseph is retained as well. For a guy with hardly any recruiting ties in the state, for BK to release proven stud coaches and recruiters from the area would be a death sentence from the start. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Most likely Joseph is retained as well. For a guy with hardly any recruiting ties in the state, for BK to release proven stud coaches and recruiters from the area would be a death sentence from the start. 

Yeah has anyone seen Gideon being mentioned at all? Weird vibes all around. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

How about Moffitt?

Those of you that want to steal Mickey Joseph, you know that means keeping Terry right?

• Hook 'Em 1