2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

3 hours ago, mvlonghorns said:

LSU fans seem happy about firing Moffitt and think he was no longer a plus to the team. LSU had poor conditioning and lots of injuries the past couple years. I am sure we can do better than Becton but I don't think we want Moffitt at this point in his career.

I’d kill to have Moffitt here. Several former Longhorns have worked for him at LSU. He’s a S&C genius, and a key to their success over several coaches. 3 national championships with 3 head football coaches (2 of them blithering idiots) speak for themselves. We need to hire him. 

Further, LSU fans are known mouth-breathers. I’ve met very few who weren’t complete fucktards. Just look at the LSU posters we have on this site. They’re pure trash. 

LSU’s current trip off the rails has nothing to do with their S&C program whatsoever. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Moffitt is one of the best S&C coaches in the country. There will be a long line for that one. Coaches like their own guys but surprised Kelly canned him. 

Like you said, they like their own. Reminds me of Beard bringing Reilly when we had Hudy who was one of the best in the biz. It’s the infamous “alignment” 

Jury is still out on Becton, but this would be a smart hire. I don’t want to beat the SEC drum, but this guy has helped build players to win that conference and the whole damn thing. Would make too much sense not to pursue, but we probably won’t. 

Edited by Ewreck10

1 minute ago, Ewreck10 said:

Jury is still out on Becton, but this would be a smart hire. I don’t want to beat the SEC drum, but this guy has helped built players to win that conference and the whole damn thing. Would make too much sense not to pursue, but we probably won’t. 

I’m all for retaining Becton and letting him be our speed/agility/flexibility coach and bringing in Moffitt to the be strength/attitude/culture guy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I’d kill to have Moffitt here. Several former Longhorns have worked for him at LSU. He’s a S&C genius, and a key to their success over several coaches. 3 national championships with 3 head football coaches (2 of them blithering idiots) speak for themselves. We need to hire him. 

Further, LSU fans are known mouth-breathers. I’ve met very few who weren’t complete fucktards. Just look at the LSU posters we have on this site. They’re pure trash. 

LSU’s current trip off the rails has nothing to do with their S&C program whatsoever. 

Do you think he hangs it up? Or would he consider coming here?

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Plus, they smell like corndogs.

Just now, TexMexBuddha said:
12 hours ago, Tex-19 said:
While everyone else is in Ewers land, might be a good time to mention that Brian Kelly just canned Tommy Moffitt from LSU

Don't want. The team cramps up too much. Hydration not a thing with Moffitt.

Just give him the pee color chart. Problem solved.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:
12 hours ago, Tex-19 said:
While everyone else is in Ewers land, might be a good time to mention that Brian Kelly just canned Tommy Moffitt from LSU

Their air conditioning was turned off, sir!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mvlonghorns said:

LSU fans seem happy about firing Moffitt and think he was no longer a plus to the team. LSU had poor conditioning and lots of injuries the past couple years. I am sure we can do better than Becton but I don't think we want Moffitt at this point in his career.

This is like when a super model gets dumped and someone tells her that her looks are slipping. He’s going to be motivated to shove that up Kelly’s ass. Want. Very very much want. 
also- that’s on you for listening to the corn dogs. They are morons. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexMexBuddha said:
13 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Strong correlation to playing for an unethical piece of shit. 

4 hours ago, Ewreck10 said:

Jury is still out on Becton, but this would be a smart hire. I don’t want to beat the SEC drum, but this guy has helped build players to win that conference and the whole damn thing. Would make too much sense not to pursue, but we probably won’t. 

Pretty good video on Moffitt's value to LSU:

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Such certainty only leads to a fatawa if untrue…

well I guess I will have to take that risk.  this guy doesn't tell me anything unless he's positive.  I'm never really one to do this at all but I trust this guy.

This guy also told me we had Beard 2 days before that went public but I didn't put it our there.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well I guess I will have to take that risk.  this guy doesn't tell me anything unless he's positive.  I'm never really one to do this at all but I trust this guy.

This guy also told me we had Beard 2 days before that went public but I didn't put it our there.

Negged 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Can we please announce this in the middle of the Big12 championship game? Fuck the Big12

if he's analyst/special assistant type I don't think they would.  I can't imagine its DC but just having the guy in the program should help a shit ton IMO.  It would also give me much more hope for Sark that he knows the bullshit that happened on D this year was way more than a player issue.

the dream would be fire PK announce Patterson but I just can't see it.  also, choate would leave.

Hmm, after 30 years observing I’m starting to think we are not a program that pushes under-performers out to make room for better people when they become available.  That would require things like self-scouting and putting prioritization on improving the things that affect the product.  But, we are damn good at making sure our top donors have a good experience.  The best.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

OU has a way to make things work with coordinators but this is very meh. Somebody like Kiffin, Napier, and Fickell would have scared me much more than this. 

Yeah - I would have definitely pushed for Fickell once ND was no longer an option for him.  But how long do you wait now that Cindy is likely in the playoff?