Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

SIAP: Lincoln has to be watching these Texas 2-A football cheerleaders wildly gesticulating and wondering what the hell he got himself into.  TOO FUNNY!    Best of all is the Sooner Tweeter's incredulity that Lincoln left OU for ... this.  You'd think that would give him time for some self-reflection, but he's apparently a KISS fan, so there will be none of that. This is an enjoyable 2 minutes. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

One would think that USC, of all places, considering they have a world class film and television production school on campus and access to, well....literally every production studio on the planet within a 25 mile radius would have had something a little more substantive than....something that looks like it was on Public Access cable.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

One would think that USC, of all places, considering they have a world class film and television production school on campus and access to, well....literally every production studio on the planet within a 25 mile radius would have had something a little more substantive than....something that looks like it was on Public Access cable.

It was slightly better than Summer Wheatley’s election campaign dance routine.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It was slightly better than Summer Wheatley’s election campaign dance routine.

Seriously, they should have had Marvel Studios level production quality instead of someone filming with their iPhone:

The University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts (SCA)’s seven divisions—Film & Television Production; Cinema & Media Studies; John C. Hench Division of Animation + Digital Arts; John Wells Division of Writing for Screen & Television; Interactive Media & Games; Media Arts + Practice; Peter Stark Producing Program—offer programs in the cinematic arts.

The USC School of Cinematic Arts is led by Dean Elizabeth Monk Daley, who holds the Steven J. Ross/Time Warner Chair and is the longest serving Dean at the University of Southern California, having led the Cinema School since 1991.

Distinctions

The Eileen Norris Cinema Theater, a 340-seat theater that regularly hosts film screenings, lectures, and special events.[10] It was where THX was first developed and installed.

Since 1973, at least one alumnus of SCA has been nominated for an Academy Award annually, totaling 256 nominations and 78 wins.[12]

Since 1973, at least one SCA alumnus or alumna has been nominated for the Emmy Award annually, totalling 473 nominations and 119 wins.[12]

The top 17 grossing films of all time have had an SCA graduate in a key creative position.[12]

The Princeton Review has ranked the Interactive Media and Games Division's video game design program best in North America multiple years in a row.

Both The Hollywood Reporter and USA Today have ranked SCA the number one film program in the world, with its unmatched facilities, proximity to Hollywood, and numerous industry connections being the primary rationale.

The current acceptance rate for the USC School of Cinematic Arts is 8.8% for freshmen.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 11/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, Dbeasy said:

How to be a little bitch in 24 hours:

Tell your team you’re not leaving for another program, but leave out the fact that you’re leaving for a different one. 

Run off to an inferior conference because you are afraid of competition.

Throw your rivalry game so that you won’t have to play in the conference championship, freeing you up to take your new job early.

EABOD Riley  

Awhh.....isn't that precious. 
Expect this kinda butthurt BS from goons for several years to come. 

Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Treatment Ointment, Jar, Scented, 16 oz.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, Dbeasy said:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frank Gallagher said:

Average talent with pancake makeup.  Year in and out, give me ASU or even TCU.  Much fresher...

I'm an SC alum....One of my classes had a rather skanky blond in it. Imagine my amazement when said rather skanky blond showed up in class with the song girl sweater, dress, and new pancake face, appearing rather attractive. Totally amazed at the transformation.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

SIAP: Lincoln has to be watching these Texas 2-A football cheerleaders wildly gesticulating and wondering what the hell he got himself into.  TOO FUNNY!    Best of all is the Sooner Tweeter's incredulity that Lincoln left OU for ... this.  You'd think that would give him time for some self-reflection, but he's apparently a KISS fan, so there will be none of that. This is an enjoyable 2 minutes. 

Lol.  That’s pretty funny no matter how you look at Riley/USC.  

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's like Anchorman. 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Here yah go...

He finds it ironic that OU fans, mere months after the school ditched the Big 12 for the Southeastern Conference in clandestine fashion, could fault a coach for switching schools.

“Can’t criticize one without looking at the other,” he says.

This is a valid point lol

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Careful, aggy will start threatening lawsuits if Big Brother starts calling anyone else a cult.

Honestly, building a cathedral for your present coach and a former coach buying two houses next to campus and naming his dog Panzer is something I would expect in College Station.

If there was a former coach that wanted to stay in CS, that is.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:24 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

The definition of "cringe".

The doosh yelling out, "This is Tusk!" just puts a little bow on top.

Considering Lindsey Buckingham appeared in almost all those 'What up with That?' sketches and the USC marching band was playing "Tusk", they missed a huge fucking opportunity.  I mean, that's all I thought was going to happen when I saw the clip.  Anyway, was still funny.  Pos rep.  

But looks like we're outta time, my thanks to Lindsey Buckingham...

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Considering Lindsey Buckingham appeared in almost all those 'What up with That?' sketches and the USC marching band was playing "Tusk", they missed a huge fucking opportunity.  I mean, that's all I thought was going to happen when I saw the clip.  Anyway, was still funny.  Pos rep.  

But looks like we're outta time, my thanks to Lindsey Buckingham...

He's in there for a second, but damn, they just ran out of time for him...

29 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Oklahoma senator is not taking this well.  Also, I'm sure there's a 3 inches joke somewhere.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32821921/oklahoma-senator-proposes-appropriate-goodbye-new-usc-football-coach-lincoln-riley-highway

Bill Coleman sounds like a bit of a bitch

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Why not just move on? LR knew he could never come back to Norman and that’s why he left in the middle of the nite with his wife and kiddos and had it in his contract for USC to buy his home(s). I get they are pissed but focus on the future. LR  doesn’t give a fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

listening (being tortured by) to The Sports Mammal yesterday they were calling LR "Muleshoe" trying to avoid saying his name

then they talked to this "BBQ legend"

https://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-barbecue-master-left-smokers-164600188.html

about him leaving some grills at LR's house and how he was going to get them back now and how his grills had nothing to do with that Easter brisket

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Why not just move on? LR knew he could never come back to Norman

Kids born the last year OU won a national title in football can now legally buy alcohol. The okies are freaking out. We need to do everything we can to encourage them. 

• Haha 1

OMG I'M GONNA OVERDOSE! LMAO SALTY AS FUCK!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32821921/oklahoma-senator-proposes-appropriate-goodbye-new-usc-football-coach-lincoln-riley-highway

With former Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley now the head coach at USC, an Oklahoma state Senator wants to get in a little dig at Riley for leaving the state with no warning. Senator Bill Coleman has proposed  the state designate the last three inches -- that's right, three inches -- of State Highway 325 as "Lincoln Riley Highway" to symbolize someone leaving the state. Highway 325 is on the  western edge of the Oklahoma panhandle leading right up to the New Mexico line. In a press release, Coleman says "...I felt the State of Oklahoma needed an appropriate goodbye to this former head coach whose sudden departure left many in shock, including a team of young, dedicated college players."
Coleman says if lawmakers approve his proposal....he'll pay for all the new signage himself.

• 3 months later...

USC football coach Lincoln Riley scores in Rancho Palos Verdes

New hire paid $17.2M for historic 13,000 sf estate, down from $19.5M ask

The recent arrival from the University of Oklahoma got a seven bedroom, 12-bath estate at 909 Via Coronel, on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Dirt.com reported.

https://therealdeal.com/la/2022/03/09/usc-football-coach-lincoln-riley-scores-in-rancho-palos-verdes/

Waiting for the comments on how shitty living in LA will be for Lincoln…

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, Left Coast said:

The recent arrival from the University of Oklahoma got a seven bedroom, 12-bath estate at 909 Via Coronel, on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Dirt.com reported.

https://therealdeal.com/la/2022/03/09/usc-football-coach-lincoln-riley-scores-in-rancho-palos-verdes/

Can't find that in Norman.  Oh and COL, gas prices, etc. Tesla

12 hours ago, Left Coast said:

• Like 1

He’s got a shitty ride to work. He’s gotta do down PV drive Into Torrance he will cruise past my crib so I’ll naturally flip him off. Then he has to make his way to the 110. He’s got an hour easily 1 way. Maybe he can use their helicopter 

af98cae4acaf5c730cf8fa00d99fee1d.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

44 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

He’s got a shitty ride to work. He’s gotta do down PV drive Into Torrance he will cruise past my crib so I’ll naturally flip him off. Then he has to make his way to the 110. He’s got an hour easily 1 way. Maybe he can use their helicopter 

And gas has got to be close to 5 bucks a gallon. Has to be kicking himself for this move

Edited by Sawbonz
Damn voice to text
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

californians-meme.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

My first thought too.

• Hook 'Em 1