Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Russian forces are clearly making no attempt to avoid civilian casualties.  One might say they are prioritizing them.

the russian air force could have killed 50,000 civilians by now in the course of destroying ukraine's civil infrastructure, but if they did so, vlad would have no capability to respond to a conventional air war.  so civilians are benefitting from vlad's limited ability to wage war, not because vlad is being nice, so ipso facto, my view is civilians are not being targeted, but only as a knock-on effect of vlad's limited ability to wage an air war.

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the russian air force could have killed 50,000 civilians by now in the course of destroying ukraine's civil infrastructure, but if they did so, vlad would have no capability to respond to a conventional air war.  so civilians are benefitting from vlad's limited ability to wage war, not because vlad is being nice, so ipso facto, my view is civilians are not being targeted, but only as a knock-on effect of vlad's limited ability to wage an air war.

They're dumping artillery and cluster grenades on apartment buildings.  That qualifies as "targeting civilians" in my book.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The internet has made a HUGE difference in making the world a better place. Going backwards is still a huge difference. 

Computing has made a huge difference accelerating the affordability and capability of thousands of products and services.  I think the state of the world and the evolution of "the internet" are not intertwined.  "The internet" has also accelerated the exposure of tremendous levels of evil and stupidity that our civilization does not seem prepared to deal with at this time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'll give it a shot.  I have represented, and still represent, an academic, who is Jewish, that has invented aspects of a Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser for airborne military applications.  Jewish.  Space.  Lasers.

KENT - STOP TOUCHING YOURSELF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

so the eastern bloc are donating 70 jets:

Poland: 28 MiG-29s

Slovakia: 12 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 16 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 14 Su-25s

The Su-25s are close-air-support subsonic ground attack.   Very much conventional, low-tech, think Warthog.

The MiG-29s are decent and in the hands of a competent pilot dangerous to any opposition, but I was really hoping for Eurofighters which could match up and make an even fight of it with the 150 Su-35s the Russians can deploy.  As always we will see what happens but if Vlad commits the Su-35s the -29s stand little chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how far does Russian drop in the global military rankings with this massive humiliation?  'Murica would wipe them up very fast, see 2003 Iraq war.  I'd say Russia is definitely out of the top 5, maybe top 10 now. A dying nation with a trash army. 

Preseason rankings are always shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how far does Russian drop in the global military rankings with this massive humiliation?  'Murica would wipe them up very fast, see 2003 Iraq war.  I'd say Russia is definitely out of the top 5, maybe top 10 now. A dying nation with a trash army. 

let's re-evaluate in a week

vlad thought it would be a walk

it's not going to be a walk

he can get medievial on their ass right quick and has the killingry to do it

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how far does Russian drop in the global military rankings? What a massive humiliation.  'Murica would wipe them up very fast, see 2003 Iraq war.  I'd say Russia is definitely out of the top 5, maybe top 10 now. A dying nation with a trash army. 

It's still early in the 2022 War Season. Russia needs to settle down, put this behind them, and play their game. Maybe schedule a couple of directional oblasts around Homecoming to suppress.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

This is just the opening drive. The pick 6 was fun, but Ukraine has a long ass way to go before the W

• Hook 'Em 1

19 year old (assuming basement dweller neckbeard type) who previously turned down a bribe from Elon Musk to quit tracking his jet...has turned his attention to tracking the private jets of Russian oligarchs. If you are into Twitter, you might take a peek.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

so the eastern bloc are donating 70 jets:

Poland: 28 MiG-29s

Slovakia: 12 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 16 MiG-29s

Bulgaria: 14 Su-25s

The Su-25s are close-air-support subsonic ground attack.   Very much conventional, low-tech, think Warthog.

The MiG-29s are decent and in the hands of a competent pilot dangerous to any opposition, but I was really hoping for Eurofighters which could match up and make an even fight of it with the 150 Su-35s the Russians can deploy.  As always we will see what happens but if Vlad commits the Su-35s the -29s stand little chance.

Yeah, what's important here is, does Ukraine have pilots that are qualified for these planes?  That's what's important. 

We could send Ukraine a few dozen Apaches that could leave that giant convoy in smoking ruins, but they don't have a single motherfucker that can fly one.  

Give them the weapon that they know and can use, TODAY.  Not 6 months from now.  It it's a fucking Cessna 172 that they already have a pilot for, then send THAT aircraft. Everything helps. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

19 year old (assuming basement dweller neckbeard type) who previously turned down a bribe from Elon Musk to quit tracking his jet...has turned his attention to tracking the private jets of Russian oligarchs. If you are into Twitter, you might take a peek.

okay, we've got a real coaching search going on now, show me some mcribs

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

is it just me or are the nerds crushing it right now?

I feel it wouldn't be that much of a priority if a nuke hit near me, but thanks.

https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-explosion

Stay tuned for updated instructions from emergency response officials. If advised to evacuate, listen for information about routes, shelters, and procedures.

If you have evacuated, do not return until you are told it is safe to do so by local officials.

Make plans to stay with friends or family in case of evacuation. Keep in mind that public shelter locations may have changed due to COVID-19. Check with local authorities to determine which public shelters are open.

If you are told by authorities to evacuate to a public shelter, try to bring items that can help protect yourself and your family from COVID-19, such as hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, cleaning materials, and two masks per person. Children under two years old, people who have trouble breathing, and people who cannot remove masks on their own should not wear them.

Review the CDC’s guidelines for “Going to a Public Disaster Shelter During the COVID-19 Pandemic."

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is just the opening drive. The pick 6 was fun, but Ukraine has a long ass way to go before the W

Be interesting if at halftime, Putin opens the door to the locker room discovering, seated at the long table, conference members that had a meeting and didn't tell him about it until they had already made their decision. Furk.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Sad if true 

For the record, I have been in the "Fuck Israel" camp for many many years, and I remain there today, and quite likely, into the future.

Fuck those welfare queen motherfuckers.   They are about .0005% better than those that want to see then wiped off the face of the earth. 

And no, I don't hate jews. Fucking Nate N' Al is my favorite restaurant.  

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

what is a vacuum bomb?

I think that's a reference to a thermobaric weapon, also known as a fuel-air explosive.

It bursts and expels a substance akin to gasoline vapor, permits it to spread, and then ignites it.  Incredible concussive force that lasts longer than conventional explosives, and it also immediately oxidizes all the oxygen in the vicinity.  Most unpleasant.