Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

let me put it another way: what does russia covet, and always have? why are they so goddamn interested in currying favor with erdogan and trying to find inroads in the black sea? they've spent centuries on this project. it's a warm weather port. that's part of the reason why georgia was so important. that's why crimea was so important. it's why donbas is so important.

these are centuries long goals for the russians.

it's the key to the mediterranean, and the rest of the world.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Do these kooks literally hear voices in their head, like as if its someone else talking and not their own internal synapses creating the conversation? I know many of them are just flat out lying grifters, but some I think might literally believe their own bullshit, and I just have no basis for understanding someone outside of legitimate psychoses thinking that some all powerful being is literally talking to them or giving them the ability to interpret anything.

Dude has been calling Armageddon at every conflict for over 50 years. Same old song and dance.

let me put it another way: what does russia covet, and always have? why are they so goddamn interested in currying favor with erdogan and trying to find inroads in the black sea? they've spent centuries on this project. it's a warm weather port. that's part of the reason why georgia was so important. that's why crimea was so important. it's why donbas is so important.
these are centuries long goals for the russians.
it's the key to the mediterranean, and the rest of the world.

There is that Third Rome part as well.

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

what is a vacuum bomb?

I believe they're also known as a thermobaric bomb. It's a fuel-air bomb where it creates a stoichiometric mix and then ignites it, creating a HUGE pressure wave. After the explosion is done, there's no more air to breathe because it was all just used for the explosion. It's what we were sending into caves in the middle east

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I know we are real big here on which party is more likely to support Russia however this poll shows that 80% of Rs want Biden to be tougher on Russia vs 44% of Dems

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3837

wait, they're complaining about biden in a poll?  no fucking way.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I know we are real big here on which party is more likely to support Russia however this poll shows that 80% of Rs want Biden to be tougher on Russia vs 44% of Dems

I'm seriously not sure, are you acting like it's some sort of revelation that self-identified Republicans just answer that Biden is wrong regardless of the question? You didn't actually expect Republicans to answer that a Democratic president was "too tough" on something, did you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm seriously not sure, are you acting like it's some sort of revelation that self-identified Republicans just answer that Biden is wrong regardless of the question? You didn't actually expect Republicans to answer that a Democratic president was "too tough" on something, did you?

Other than the ones actively supporting Russia, of course.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Seriously.  If those fucking idiots ever find out Biden is a Christian, they'll change religions over it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

What are the numbers when the question is: what’s your opinion of NATO?

Even then, it’d be on brand for a majority of Rs to support NATO today, and still plan on voting for Trump. In case you hadn’t noticed, R voters are dumb af.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I can assure you that the Ledge jukebox is a kickass sonofabitch.  Puts the old box at the Little Longhorn to shame.  MULTIPLE Faron Young songs, for example.

I figured the jukebox has a series of badass songs but is stuck playing "we built this city!" by jefferson starship.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

if any of them look like keri russell i'm going to be very put out.

If you saw what broke and compromised the NRA you would understand those ladies definitely do not look like Keri Russell, more like 

3-43-e1575035940450.jpg

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

lol.

i don't mean this necessarily at you, but sort of at this whole thread.

yall think of russia as a western nation, or, for lack of a better descriptor, a european nation. they are nothing close and never have been. they have much more in common with the chinese than they do with the french. they are really a mix between the vikings and the steppe people of asia. true, the leadership of the russian empire (the tsars) intermarried with some european royalty. true, the soviets intervened in world war 2 (only after hitler went insane and attacked them, mind you), but the people of modern day russia, much as it ever was, have had to deal with an oligarchic government for as long as they can culturally remember. you can almost draw a straight line from the bolsheviks to mao zedong. and the pattern is much the same. overthrow of the current oligarchy, purging, more oligarchy, more purging, and after all that, the common folks just trying to get by and maybe reach the safest place: middle class.

but if you look at the territory of russia, from st petersburg to kamchatka, how much do those folks have in common? granted, the vast majority of their population is located in or near the "european" section of the country, but they don't think in the same way as europeans. they think in at least 100 year windows. or at least they have until recently. even with this latest miscalculation, putin was thinking in a longer term way than most western countries do. why? because his people are inured to an oligarchy, and just want to get by. we have 4 - 8 year windows. the chinese and russians have multiple decade windows at times, and even when their leaders do not, the bureaucracy does. 

this idea that russia would be a good faith player in nato is madness. they would spend every waking hour trying to undermine the whole thing. in the end, the russian people have nothing to do with it but be window dressing, a la the bolsheviks or the end of the cold war. what happened after both of those things? you had commissars machine gunning down retreating unarmed soviet conscripts in stalingrad trying to win a battle of attrition with 16 year old kids, and you had bread lines following the fall of the soviet union. you had the same following mao's overtake of china. he wore a blue suit, but you think he ever went without rice or tea or fine foods? what about stalin? you see these poor russian bastards on the front lines while putin sits in a palace? tell me how he's different than nicholas II. you can't, except that he, just like mao, has cloaked himself in the guise of fake populism backed by people getting hauled away to the gulags.

the people always suffer. life is cheap in asia. always has been.

asia, especially russia and china, has always had imperial ambitions. goes for the middle east as well. same for the west, until democracy showed up to reign in the bloodthirst, at least nominally.

I feel all you had to do was quote Patton, and would have been as good. 

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I figured the jukebox has a series of badass songs but is stuck playing "we built this city!" by jefferson starship.

Norma’s tangential association with that song makes my skin crawl. If I could erase that, I’d mainline the lyrical ashes of “We’re Not Gonna Take It” mixed with Snider blood.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

you could argue when this first started that the russians had 2 distinct advantages.  (1) timing - they were the aggressor so they knew when they were coming and what their plan was.  (2) resources - people, planes, ammo, tanks, fuel, etc.

after 4+ days they have squandered the shit out of both.  well done.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

That fat fuck is going home in a body bag. And I'm glad.

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

unfortunately they won't let it come to that.

Life is funny that way. One moment you're running around boasting about how you're going to kick someone's ass, and the next  moment a coronary thrombosis happens. And the nearest hospital has been shelled. Life is precious and each moment precious. FAAFO.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Norma’s tangential association with that song makes my skin crawl. If I could erase that, I’d mainline the lyrical ashes of “We’re Not Gonna Take It” mixed with Snider blood.

sounds like an "afternoon delight".

• Haha 1