Texas @ South Carolina Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

God dammit Southhard a bullpen job is there for the taking for you. Fucking bear down and finish this shit out

kind of like that. Keep it up 

There ya go. Keep it up, kid. With Witt out, we really need to steal a couple innings here and there. Sthele already does that. Harrison is a great set up guy. Nixon is Nixon.  Add Southhard to that mix and our pen is golden come conference play 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean... it's incredibly unsportsmanlike. It's also fucking hilarious because that ball was insta gone into the wind and came right after the pitcher checked to first twice in a row.

He definitely owes Silas a beer. Overall - I'm kind of with Fletch. Everyone hates us already. Might as well embrace it.

Yeah Ivan is definitely getting beaned at some point tomorrow. If take game the first game and get out to a 5ish run lead in game two, he’s getting drilled. He’s gonna be getting some chin music all damn day too. Worth it 

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Seriously. You go to second there every time with less than 2 outs

Didn’t see the play but if it was that close then just take the easy out. If the number 1 team in the nation can’t get 1 out with a four run lead then we shouldn’t be ranked as such. The last thing you want is guys on first and second and ball hit in the corner/gap cutting the lead in half or placing guys on third and second with a base hit cutting the lead to 1 with less than 2 outs. In the end it doesn’t matter, Daly made the play, and honestly he’s one of the few guys you trust to take that gamble. 

edit: again I didn’t see it so if he had the guy by a couple of steps the he made the right decision 

Edited by DoneWithit
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, DoneWithit said:

Didn’t see the play but if it was that close then just take the easy out. If the number 1 team in the nation can’t get 1 out with a four run lead then we shouldn’t be ranked as such. The last thing you want is guys on first and second and ball hit in the corner/gap cutting the lead in half or placing guys on third and second with a base hit cutting the lead to 1 with less than 2 outs. In the end it doesn’t matter, Daly made the play, and honestly he’s one of the few guys you trust to take that gamble. 

Ball was hit well, so it wasn’t that close at second. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah Ivan is definitely getting beaned at some point tomorrow. If take game the first game and get out to a 5ish run lead in game two, he’s getting drilled. He’s gonna be getting some chin music all damn day too. Worth it 

Hell, that may be all Ivan sees for awhile if he keeps taking every other ab 450 ft. 

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

Counterpoint: Don't play baseball like a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

It wasn't a gamble at all. It was an easy out at 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

edit: again I didn’t see it so if he had the guy by a couple of steps the he made the right decision 

Honestly I think the play he made is “the easier out”. Momentum was headed that way and it was a shorter throw. Iirc I was a tad bit checked out at that point obviously. Whatever. Got the out. Daly will know what to do when shits on the line

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Honestly I think the play he made is “the easier out”. Momentum was headed that way and it was a shorter throw. Iirc I was a tad bit checked out at that point obviously. Whatever. Got the out. Daly will know what to do when shits on the line

Not going to argue over a fucking out, nice play by Daly to field it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ball was hit well, so it wasn’t that close at second. 

that and when you get that ball where your momentum is actually turning you toward second and your throwing hand, its actually a bit of an easier play.  he made the right play.  these guys have played enough baseball they generally know if the runner is going to beat them to second.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Hell, that may be all Ivan sees for awhile if he keeps taking every other ab 450 ft. 

Sweet. Pitch around Melendez and actually have to challenge Kennedy, Faltine, Hodo, Stehly and Silas. Sounds good to me. 

Speaking of which, time to go  Stehly in the 4hole, Faltine 5th and Silas 6th. 7-9 gets tricky if Messinger keeps sucking shit through a straw, but as of right now, think I’d put Daly 7th, Messinger 8 and Campbell 9th. I like having Campbell in the 9 hole. Keep the pressure off him and just keep letting him get comfortable. Guy has some pretty nice potential IMO. Good to see him have a solid day today. Keep it up, dude. 

8 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Not going to argue over a fucking out, nice play by Daly to field it. 

No listen mother fucker I got all god damn day. You started it. Let’s fucking finish it. List the pros and cons to your bull shit. Do your homework 

ha nah dude I agree. Doesn’t really matter and when shits actually on the line, Daly and Faltine will make the smart play. They’ve proven they’ve got some serious situational awareness 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Where is Peyton Powell?  He has one AB 

I’ve been asking this for over a year now. Dudes got pop. We need a left handed bat with some pop. Why is the left handed guy with some pop not even sniffing the field? 

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sweet. Pitch around Melendez and actually have to challenge Kennedy, Faltine, Hodo, Stehly and Silas. Sounds good to me. 

Speaking of which, time to go  Stehly in the 4hole, Faltine 5th and Silas 6th. 7-9 gets tricky if Messinger keeps sucking shit through a straw, but as of right now, think I’d put Daly 7th, Messinger 8 and Campbell 9th. I like having Campbell in the 9 hole. Keep the pressure off him and just keep letting him get comfortable. Guy has some pretty nice potential IMO. Good to see him have a solid day today. Keep it up, dude. 

Maybe it’s just me but I’d almost rather have Stehly in the 3 spot. I think Ivan is at a level right now where it’s almost impossible to protect him, only reason I’d have Stehly 3rd. Everything else I agree with, we are far enough in the season that it’s beyond a guy just getting “hot”. 

If Daly can start hitting we are going to be pretty damn hard to stop, already are that’s what is scary

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’d almost rather have Stehly in the 3 spot. I think Ivan is at a level right now where it’s almost impossible to protect him, only reason I’d have Stehly 3rd. Everything else I agree with, we are far enough in the season that it’s beyond a guy just getting “hot”. 

Yeah it’s tough. Him in the 3 spot does get him a couple extra at bats over time. But Hodo and Kennedy are damn near perfect lead off and 2 hole guys. Especially for the Disch. So yeah having the guy that’s apparently going to get .940 this year batting 3rd who are both fast as fuck….and Stehly can run a bit too. So those 3 setting it up for apparently college version of Pujols seems ideal. Then Faltine, Silas and whatever 7-9 shakes out to be. Fun times 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ve been asking this for over a year now. Dudes got pop. We need a left handed bat with some pop. Why is the left handed guy with some pop not even sniffing the field? 

Maybe the same reason Southard has barely pitched any the last few years. Pierce's doghouse?

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Because you touch yourself at night. 

• Haha 2