2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

16 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

"highschool sweethearts" but she didn't follow Scottie to Texas? I guess she couldn't get in to Texas

He knew it was safe for her to go aggy. Not a single dude on that campus into women. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

He speaks fluent English.

Pretty sure that’s not correct. He didn’t speak a lick of English last year. I hear he spoke for three minutes at the Champions’ Dinner in English without notes but I don’t think he’s all of a sudden fluent.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Anything is possible, but it’s going to be quite a resurrection for Jordan.  He’s completely lost at the moment.

For fucks sake, he's currently ranked in the top 20 of the world rankings, he has 5 top 5 finishes in 9 appearances at the Masters, and he's only 28. There aren't that many other golfers out there with a better chance of winning Masters in the future than Spieth. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

For fucks sake, he's currently ranked in the top 20 of the world rankings, he has 5 top 5 finishes in 9 appearances at the Masters, and he's only 28. There aren't that many other golfers out there with a better chance of winning Masters in the future than Spieth. 

I’m just going on what I saw this week.  His swing is in a terrible place.  It’s obviously going to take another overhaul which is always a crapshoot.

He could win a handful more majors, he has the talent and time.  Right now it’s trending completely in the wrong direction.

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Pretty sure that’s not correct. He didn’t speak a lick of English last year. I hear he spoke for three minutes at the Champions’ Dinner in English without notes but I don’t think he’s all of a sudden fluent.

If he spoke in English for three minutes, he speaks English.  He may be conversational vs. fluent but he speaks English.  They all do.

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Good for Scottie.  Sweet Jesus, Rory shot a -8 today. He had to hit every par putt. 

He needed to birdie 15 and 16 to have a realistic chance, and he birdied neither.  If he would’ve got it to -9 Scottie’s asshole might’ve puckered more than it did.

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If he spoke in English for three minutes, he speaks English.  He may be conversational vs. fluent but he speaks English.  They all do.

He memorized a 3 minute speech. That doesn't mean he speaks English. His English is terrible and he uses an interpreter/interpreters. Maybe it's gone from terrible to bad and can go from bad to decent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I’m just going on what I saw this week.  His swing is in a terrible place.  It’s obviously going to take another overhaul which is always a crapshoot.

He could win a handful more majors, he has the talent and time.  Right now it’s trending completely in the wrong direction.

I don't think he is going to win a handful of more majors.  if he gets to 5 or 6 it will be pretty damn impressive.  I'd really hope for him to win the PGA to complete the slam.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

that chip in was huge.  He was close to going Rory/Norman off the rails methinks.  add in the Smith bogey and all of a sudden it became a round of golf again instead of a first major pressure cooker.

His scrambling after piss poor tee shots today was really something....

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Par4 said:

I think UH has 7, but several are from an older era. (Marr, Mahaffey, Zoeller, Rogers, Faldo, Couples, Elkington).

hard to believe UT golf didn't have any big names pre crenshaw / kite. between UT and UH that's pretty damn impressive. mix in dfw having the greatest group of golfer over any US city, and damn Texas is golf hot bed 

Dave Marr, captain the 1981 Ryder Cup team, consisting of five additional Texas Golf Hall of Fame Members (Bruce Lietzke, Tom Kite, Ben Crenshaw, Bill Rogers, and Lee Trevino).

Edited by tx 3 putt

17 minutes ago, pops said:

That's fucking crazy. Those 9 years were absolutely insane 

Yeah, Tiger from 99-09 was crazy. I was looking to see what is typical for "most wins in a season" and found the following on pga's site:  https://www.pgatourmediaguide.com/records/all-time/36

I think there are 22 events left this season, and Scottie has 4 wins already. If he can grab a couple more this season it would be one of the better efforts in recent history (Tiger excluded). 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Yeah, Tiger from 99-09 was crazy. I was looking to see what is typical for "most wins in a season" and found the following on pga's site:  https://www.pgatourmediaguide.com/records/all-time/36

I think there are 22 events left this season, and Scottie has 4 wins already. If he can grab a couple more this season it would be one of the better efforts in recent history (Tiger excluded). 

and then he listened to a swing coach, changed his swing after 2008. didn't win another major until 2019

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

and then he listened to a swing coach, changed his swing after 2008. didn't win another major until 2019

Yeah couldn’t have been this:

Two days before Thanksgiving 2009, the National Enquirer ran a story that Woods was having an affair with a club hostess, Rachel Uchitel

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

And broke his leg because he had some crazy SEAL fantasy and loved jumping out of duece and a halfs

Edited by Incredulity
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I can understand him 4 putting.  he must have been standing over those putts just thinking where he was 2 months ago.

2 months?  #9 in the world. Odd comment. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah couldn’t have been this:

Two days before Thanksgiving 2009, the National Enquirer ran a story that Woods was having an affair with a club hostess, Rachel Uchitel

Sean Foley did more to ruin Tiger than his ex-wife. Foley was the worst decision Tiger ever made.