2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

A29DB4E5-CD30-490C-8D97-94D57B63A7B7.thumb.jpeg.67d8de65d595c64e30e3251e0fef0c90.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Decent chance we just ended the Twins' playoff dreams. Pity. 

81-45. 36 games left. Amazing to think that 26-10 would tie us with the 2019 Juggernaut Squad. Which, looking at our September schedule, seems fairly reasonable to expect.

Hopefully we end the orioles next !

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

81-45. 36 games left. Amazing to think that 26-10 would tie us with the 2019 Juggernaut Squad. Which, looking at our September schedule, seems fairly reasonable to expect.

Unless we'll be playing the Yankees and Mets every day, I don't think we're going to win 26 of our remaining 36. But yay if we do. 

Don’t think I’ve fully grasped what we have with this team. Our entire opening day OF is injured right now, and we still expect to win And we do.

Shit ain’t normal, and we are very lucky to be able to witness this.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dusty said the plan is for Vasquez to catch jv and framber too. He wants him familiar with the entire staff 

we should try to re-sign both of these dudes.

But I say don't let Mancini take another offer. Add zeroes until he says "stop".

59 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

we secured a .500 season !

51 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Phew. Was starting to get worried for a bit.

Remember when Mack Brown used to talk about getting bowl eligible and never taking that for granted every time we hit 6 wins on the schedule in week 7 or 8?  Yeah- it’s like that and we shouldn’t ever take it for granted. 

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

mancini post game Interview was gushing about playing at Minute Maid, he loves the energy in the crowd 

I think there’s a decent chance of bringing him back. Seems like the type of contract/signing the Astros may pursue, as it probably wouldn’t take a lot of years to get it done. Doesn’t hurt that he seems to have a swing tailor made for MMP.

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Is Yordan ever gonna homer again?

Winning cures everything of course, but I'm a bit concerned about his hand. His slash line in August is .225/.318/.310 which is very un-Yordan. 

I’m a little worried too. I’ve heard that his hand is fine, but that could just be what he’s telling people. 

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I think there’s a decent chance of bringing him back. Seems like the type of contract/signing the Astros may pursue, as it probably wouldn’t take a lot of years to get it done. Doesn’t hurt that he seems to have a swing tailor made for MMP.

I’m a little worried too. I’ve heard that his hand is fine, but that could just be what he’s telling people. 

I’m not interested in bringing back Mancini or Vasquez if Dusty is still the skipper. Love to see them come back if he moves on. 

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not interested in bringing back Mancini or Vasquez if Dusty is still the skipper. Love to see them come back if he moves on. 

I mean, Yuli won't be back.  I would assume at that point Dusty might stumble into playing Mancini every day at 1st.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Question of the day - is there enough season left to fix Smith ?

No.  Hopefully there's less season left for him than for most of the other guys.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

I mean, Yuli won't be back.  I would assume at that point Dusty might stumble into playing Mancini every day at 1st.

Nope. Not if there’s a ground ball guy going or something then it’s time for Dubon. As long as he isn’t needed to stop people from going 1st to 3rd in CF for JV. 
think about that for a minute people- we have a manager who thinks it’s a perfectly good idea for his ace to have a personal CF (who hits under 600 OPS) that might have a slightly better arm than the 750 guy. It is literally insane the shit that Dusty does. If Javier is in the bullpen and Garcia starts instead I will strangle someone to get vengeance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Question of the day - is there enough season left to fix Smith ?

Seems doubtful. Braves fans don't miss his lack of effectiveness, and I can't blame them. He and Maton are guys who gave fans hope because of postseason success but haven't been able to sustain it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2022/08/03/braves-fans-laugh-will-smith-experience-astros/amp/

27 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Especially considering the buyout/player option that was increasing

I'd say that's the main reason we won the trade. At times, Odo pitched well and was at least as useful as Garcia. That's no claim to fame, but he had some starts that were good enough for wins on a team with decent offense. Not sure I've seen that from Smith in a long time. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I wonder if we'll get Hensley get an AB or two this weekend. I almost forgot we called him up. 

If he doesn’t it’s a dick move imo. I feel like managers should absolutely make every reasonable effort to get a guy a PA in the first time in the majors. Don’t need to be creating more Moonlight Grahams out there. Just cruel. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1