2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

So 2.3 billion, no roof, and they also don't have a batting cage that's 65 feet long anywhere under the stands? What the shit is this? 

That's where the wind machines are hidden. ssshhhhhhh!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Lifelong Stros fan here. I was raised right. 

I kind of followed the Braves because they were good and on USA all the time. I also watched a lot of Cubs games because WGN was on most cable packages.

I loved the Ron Gant Braves ! Same town as me and his mom is the nicest person you'd ever meet. I always had astro mlb caps, and a braves back in the day 

29 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I always liked the Astros, but I really started paying attention when I moved to Houston in 2009.

You’re not a real fan unless you bought $4 centerfield seats in the Astrodome and talked “General Admission” into firing off the cannon before eating a half dozen dollar dome dogs. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I always liked the Astros, but I really started paying attention when I moved to Houston in 2009.

I moved to Htown in 2005 from Austin. Grew up a Stros Rangers and Braves fan.  05 was of course the World Series that wasn't...but they hooked me in even more and it was nice being in a city with pro teams. 

13 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You’re not a real fan unless you bought $4 centerfield seats in the Astrodome and talked “General Admission” into firing off the cannon before eating a half dozen dollar dome dogs. 

Been there done that. We always used to joke about him being a 75 star general or whatever it was for HR’s on the year. 

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Seriously, aren't you guys lifelong Astros fans?

I was 9 during the inaugural Colt .45’s season and spent many nights killing mosquitoes and chasing foul balls amid the vacant seats down the first and third base lines.  Yes, I’m a lifelong fan and, yes, I’m old…….and cranky when my games don’t start on time!