Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Florida, Georgia, and Vandy are all more or less academically equal or greater than everyone in the Big 10 not named Michigan and maybe Purdue. Culturally, like it or not we are in the middle of a red ass state and right where we should be.

Georgia has really improved, but they are not at that level.  Maybe as good or better than Iowa and Nebraska.

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, it was played at Duke in 1942.

It would have been at Austin, but we honored our word.  They were afraid we would lose to Oregon who barely lost to Oregon St., the Pac champ.

But we wouldn't cancel the game.  We won 71-7.

I don’t see why the Big 12 doesn’t push to get to 20 and stop there. I think I’m the end we wind up with three 20 team conferences and everybody else.

The Big 12 could make a strong case to Notre Dame that they are the only conference who respects religious institutions. I think this matters more than many realize. Baylor, BYU and TCU would all help make the case.

Plus if ND goes to the Big 10 or SEC, they will always be wrestling for power with the old guard. The Big 12 has a power vacuum that Notre Dame could immediately step in and fill. And the ACC will not survive once a few of the big names start getting poached.

If the Big 12 could get Notre Dame, then FSU and Clemson also become realistic. Round it out with North Carolina or Virginia Tech or Miami and then be done.

Things are going to get crazy once the ACC fire sale starts.

• Hook 'Em 1

The remaining four PAC-4 teams need to think outside the box and turn the 2024 season into a must-watch spectacle. 

I'm thinking they should do some really crazy stuff like schedule the other three teams 3-times where:

• the scores carry over, but points count double in the 4th quarter of games 2 and 3. 
  • have a 'Throw-Back Toughest-Man' quarter where there are no subs and the 11 players have to play Offense and Defense.
  • Or require 100 different players to get at least 5 minutes of playing time.
  • Or require them to play all females for 1 quarter for one of the games.

Make it such a train-wreck that people have to watch. .... but advertise it as a 1-season deal. Watch now or you'll never see this shit again. 

Fuck the NCAA and the NCAA-rule book, it's not like any of the 4 teams are going to be making the playoffs.

Maybe hire an XFL or reality-TV producer to help or they could just buy me more vodka shots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

I don’t see why the Big 12 doesn’t push to get to 20 and stop there. I think I’m the end we wind up with three 20 team conferences and everybody else.

The Big 12 could make a strong case to Notre Dame that they are the only conference who respects religious institutions. I think this matters more than many realize. Baylor, BYU and TCU would all help make the case.

Plus if ND goes to the Big 10 or SEC, they will always be wrestling for power with the old guard. The Big 12 has a power vacuum that Notre Dame could immediately step in and fill. And the ACC will not survive once a few of the big names start getting poached.

If the Big 12 could get Notre Dame, then FSU and Clemson also become realistic. Round it out with North Carolina or Virginia Tech or Miami and then be done.

Things are going to get crazy once the ACC fire sale starts.

LMAO.  It’s Friday night so I excuse the crack pipe.  
ND to the big 12 🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

ND to the big 12

Fair.

What if the Big 12 also added Pitt, Miami and FSU? ND has had good rivalries with all those schools.

And they would be free to play Michigan and USC out of conference instead of having to meet them in conference (or even risk not playing them due to conference scheduling difficulty).

(Puts the crack pipe down)
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

The remaining four PAC-4 teams need to think outside the box and turn the 2024 season into a must-watch spectacle. 

I'm thinking they should do some really crazy stuff like schedule the other three teams 3-times where:

• the scores carry over, but points count double in the 4th quarter of games 2 and 3. 
  • have a 'Throw-Back Toughest-Man' quarter where there are no subs and the 11 players have to play Offense and Defense.
  • Or require 100 different players to get at least 5 minutes of playing time.

Make it such a train-wreck that people have to watch. .... but advertise it as a 1-season deal. Watch now or you'll never see this shit again. 

Fuck the NCAA and the NCAA-rule book, it's not like any of the 4 teams are going to be making the playoffs.

Maybe hire an XFL or reality-TV producer to help or they could just buy me more vodka shots.

You had me a females. Vodka shots is icing. 

45 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Is true, Mountain West or independent is not feasible.  It’s Big10 at an even smaller number than UO and UW got, ACC wanting a west coast presence with non revenue sports being regional only… or they fold it up and dump $400m of debt on the UC regents.  Stanford is so far staying aligned with Cal apparently.

It's amazing how quickly enormous debt is catching up with the entire left-coast all at once. Football, government and otherwise.

Maybe you're not elite? Not smarter? Not better? Just throwing that out there.

As someone who lived in the Carmel Valley for 20 years, I can tell you that just about everyone I met absolutely believes, without any doubt, that the 270 million people in the US who don't live in California are complete Neanderthals. Glad Cal and Stanford are cut adrift. Wish USC and UCLA were too, but I'll take what I can get.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

ND to the big 12 🤣🤣🤣

Well apparently when this poster thinks of Baylor he thinks of basketball success and a religious institution. Either it's more than just crack or he slept through a couple of decades. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 'stache said:

It’s crazy to think that this ragtag group, destined for the trash heap, rejected by some west coast elites, have prevailed in realignment demolition derby. I’m just happy that my beloved alma mater has survived. I think the new conference is gonna be fun af!

IMG_1903.jpeg

I will miss the Big 12 and what it could have been but dissociating from Baylor University is almost worth it all on its own. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The Big 12 with Zona, Kansas, UConn and Gonzaga would be banana awesome. 

If they pull it off, they will then one day soon be able to add Syracuse basketball and Louisville in all sports. Here's a possibility after the ACC folds.

*Gonzaga (Basketball)

*UCONN (Basketball)

*Syracuse (Basketball)

17. Louisville

18. Pitt

19. Virginia Tech (if not picked up by the SEC)

20. NC State ("")

21. Georgia Tech

At this point, they're one state in particular away from having continuous borders from Arizona to Florida to Pennsylvania. When the day comes for the SEC to ask Vandy to take a step back in football, they then turn to that particular state's football program, Missouri, and...

Not Cool, Bro. GIF - Stare Cowboy No - Discover & Share GIFs

• Drool 1

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It’s crazy to think that this ragtag group, destined for the trash heap, rejected by some west coast elites, have prevailed in realignment demolition derby. I’m just happy that my beloved alma mater has survived. I think the new conference is gonna be fun af!

IMG_1903.jpeg

As a College football junkie, 2024 is shaping up to be awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

IMG_1903.jpeg

Lead by Commander Brett Y. Adama escaping the P2 fleet.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

At this point I genuinely want to be named Pac-4 commissioner. What a fucking clown show. As a human being who can breathe, walk, and chew gum at the same time I would be better than Kliavkoff. Seriously, somebody out west contact the 4 remaining university presidents and tell them Huckleberry from the internet is willing to take the job. 

They should do it. Huck knows math.

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I will miss the Big 12 and what it could have been ...

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

...but dissociating from Baylor University is almost worth it all on its own. 

Yep.

29 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No worries folks; the Cal braintrust has got this.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No worries folks; the Cal braintrust has got this.

Madame Chancellor might wish to review the rules for correct use of parallel structure and of commas. Maybe not— how well does one expect the head of a notoriously supercilious university to command the English language anyway?

It all worked out as it should. 

Oregon and UW to the B10. Oregon gets to continue filling its bags with Nike money and recruiting southern Cal (and doesn’t have a natural inroad to Texas). The B12 remains a conference with no blue bloods and no bell cow (Ha-ha! The joke is…every B12 school believes they will be the bell cow!). 

They get seven years of a better media contract than they expected, and a chance to see if their next one is fat, too. 

3 hours ago, redswingline said:

If money wasn't an issue, we should have gone to the PAC 12 years ago with OU. It would have been a lot more fun playing Oregon, UW, USC and visiting those places vs. going to whatever shit hole towns our SEC peers reside in. 

c'est la vie

UT

OU

UW

Stanford

Cal

UCLA

UO

OK St

Tech

Ost

Wst

Az

Azst

Co

Honestly, would have been bad ass. Could have expanded to add Utqah and another. Larry Scott and USC....Mostly Larry Scott for letting USC cuck him like a bitch and deny expansion knowing they were gone. USC is evil and California should hate them for bing cunts, and also for getting POWNED by Texas in the biggest game EVAH. And apparently, Larry Scott was a moron. 

17 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Madame Chancellor might wish to review the rules for correct use of parallel structure and of commas. Maybe not— how well does one expect the head of a notoriously supercilious university to command the English language anyway?

That's the funniest shit I've ever seen. Cal cares less about its students than Stanford...and that's a lot less than atm, bamer or WVU does. This is one of, and not the only reason why, AAU sucks. These schools operate in very rarified research circles. They are not good educators. The 30-100 thousand students who attend and spend massive amounts of money at these schools are generally taught by student teachers, then by junior, non tenured professors. Think I'm wrong? Do you think those professors getting 10s of millions or 100s of millions of dollars for research are teaching 1 or 2 or 3k classes?

They are not. 

Generally speaking, what the top 50 schools in the country consider education is exactly NOT education. It's a scam. And they know it. And don't care. 

Cry me a river, Cal. Manage your goddamn bills. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

If there's one school the Big 12 doesn't give a fuck about adding, it's ASU. They already have a slutU.

Also, say hello to Big12 refs, you desert dwelling morons. They are going to open you up. Ask any UT fan. 

Tech, OkSt, Utah, Arizona won't be too worried about whatever you spit. EVERYONE else will hate you like the black death. Great intro.

Welcome to the family, you lousy cunts. Also, byeeeeeee!

Seriously, Arizona State is too good for the Big 12?

Fucking hell. This is what's wrong with the PAC in a nutshell.

Does anyone find it humorous that the 4 schools left in the PAC are the two smartest highest level research universities in Silicon Valley that only want to associate with non religious AAU schools…and a pair of rural non AAU ag schools?

If you were to list all former PAC12 schools on a spectrum Cal/Stanford would be in one side and WSU/OSU would be on the other.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Does anyone find it humorous that the 4 schools left in the PAC are the two smartest highest level research universities in Silicon Valley that only want to associate with non religious AAU schools…and a pair of rural non AAU ag schools?

If you were to list all former PAC12 schools on a spectrum Cal/Stanford would be in one side and WSU/OSU would be on the other.

Cal and Stanford probably aren't even in the ballpark of the rest of the PAC schools when it comes to crop judging. Just worthless academically...

• Like 1