2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

54 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If the drama about Blue is simply related to him being pissed about the bowl game usage of our RBs I hardly blame him. Did we not all watch the same game? Sark went full fucking retard trying to make Keilan work as a feature back and not going to Brookes or Blue in even shorter yardage situations is baffling. I assume this is just the most recent issue among many however with GW and others basically saying the equivalent of good riddance..  if not then fuck them because being pissed about the bowl game RB situation is 100% warranted and he hasn't been half the public drama queen as Worthy or others who GW turns around and sucks off at every opportunity. 

That FSU kid is a stud and would be an excellent addition to the roster regardless of how things play out with Blue.

Sark was trying to keep Robinson, who also has had thoughts of entering the portal. Not saying I wouldn't have played Blue. I would have.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

which is basically KRob. Both are better out of the backfield and using their speed outside. Neither have shown the ability to run between the tackles, which was my point. 

Blue has 15 career collegiate carries. He hasn’t been on the field enough to show anything one way or the other.

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If the drama about Blue is simply related to him being pissed about the bowl game usage of our RBs I hardly blame him. Did we not all watch the same game? Sark went full fucking retard trying to make Keilan work as a feature back and not going to Brookes or Blue in even shorter yardage situations is baffling. I assume this is just the most recent issue among many however with GW and others basically saying the equivalent of good riddance..  if not then fuck them because being pissed about the bowl game RB situation is 100% warranted and he hasn't been half the public drama queen as Worthy or others who GW turns around and sucks off at every opportunity. 

That FSU kid is a stud and would be an excellent addition to the roster regardless of how things play out with Blue.

I’m sure I’ll feel extra stupid when I get the answer, but I can’t for the life of me figure out who “GW” is in this context? I know GH (Gerry), GK (Fat Ketch), CTJ, SS, BB, etc, Thanks in advance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m sure I’ll feel extra stupid when I get the answer, but I can’t for the life of me figure out who “GW” is in this context? I know GH (Gerry), GK (Fat Ketch), CTJ, SS, BB, etc, Thanks in advance.

100% meant GH and just hit the wrong key. Didn't notice until it was too late to edit. I do that for some weird reason with GH a lot (hitting GW instead). I don't even know a GW reporter so not sure why my mind goes full derp. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

They have always said KRob didn’t have good hands, so passes to him had to be dump offs in the flats. Supposedly (this is just what they’ve said) Blue can do damage running intermediate routes further down field. 

KRob couldn’t catch last year. He has shown solid hands this year. Again the point was in reference to people talking about carrying the football. Listed at sub 200 pounds on the roster, so I don’t think he is your between the tackles runner. He has 3 inches on KRob and only 10 pounds, not to mention 3 years younger. 

51 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Blue has 15 career collegiate carries. He hasn’t been on the field enough to show anything one way or the other.

He carries it in practice though and more than likely on the scout team. If Sark is favoring KR over Blue, there's a reason. 

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Checks out. Hutson and Conner were fucking awful all year. If Jones comes back, you move Campbell and Williams to Guard and let Hutson and Majors fight for Center. Conner can be a swing OL. 

A plan to get Keilan Robinson plenty of  carries is a bad plan. He’s a scat back. 

I wonder if UW has much in the way of NIL. I could see him following DeBoer to UW if they can give him some money. 

The big difference is Keilan might have the worst vision I’ve seen in a RB since Trent Richardson was playing for the Colts. That’s a much bigger reason why he can’t run inside than his weight.

Blue has the frame to get above 200 without much trouble, and he showed the potential to be an every down back in HS, whereas Keilan has never come close to showing that. He and Keilan are not at all the same. 

Gerry Hamilton has been pretty adamant  on Blue not showing the ability to run between the tackles in High School and that he does not think he possesses that ability. Perhaps you saw something different, I am mostly parroting his opinion and doubling down with his current size (not his potential to put on weight at a later date). 

Edited by Codaxx

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The big difference is Keilan might have the worst vision I’ve seen in a RB since Trent Richardson was playing for the Colts. That’s a much bigger reason why he can’t run inside than his weight.

Blue has the frame to get above 200 without much trouble, and he showed the potential to be an every down back in HS, whereas Keilan has never come close to showing that. He and Keilan are not at all the same. 

I still remember Hodges Mitchell taking so many big hits for such a little back.

Strong rumors out of Berkeley that WR J Michael Sturdivant got money whipped by someone.  Cal is trying to respond but wondering if anyone has heard anything.  DFW kid and FR all American. On a horrifically bad offense, he was really really good.  On a real offense, he’d be a monster…

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas ADOPP JM Jones just started following FSU RB and recent portal entrant Treshaun Ward on twitter.

Texas needs to add a transfer RB that can run between the tackles.  Don't forget Cedric Baxter missed several games this past year due to a hamstring issue...

1 hour ago, XForce said:

He carries it in practice though and more than likely on the scout team. If Sark is favoring KR over Blue, there's a reason. 

Are you saying Sark is smart in deciding the depth chart. Especially since he decided it was smart to start KR ahead of Brooks.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Keilan lacks vision, size and he has below average balance. He typically falls down on the slightest bit of contact.  Blue might not be the answer, but he's not small. You can't just look at size/weight without looking at the frame. I'd also bet if you weighed them today, and not just trust the listed weight, Blue is probably 20 pounds heavier. He has the complete skillset to play the position. It will come down to whether he wants it bad enough. At the very least, he should be able to play some in the slot. But is he motivated? Only the coaches know that answer.

I'm all in favor of finding an experienced portal option at running back, if anyone is interested in sharing carries with Baxter and Brooks.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Honestly, Alec Baldwin May Have Missed His Calling As A Politician Because  This Promo Is Hilarious

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

This is where Hooks is the gift and the curse. He has a really solid relationship with Sark and that relationship has helped us get into recruitments and win recruitments. The problem this cycle is Hooks is the trainer for the Cal WR, Cook, Evan, and Neyor. The Cal WR is/was very obtainable but you gotta be straight with Hooks and all the kids because they all talk or communicate with/through Hooks. You can’t tell Evan one thing J Mic something else. I am NOT saying that happened just an example of how this specific portal run has complicating factors. It’s  a thin line as well cause Cook is coming to get reps while Hooks also wants to make sure Neyor gets a chance to bounce back. I don’t envy the coaches position on this one. But a WR with Worthy, J Mic, Evan, Neyor and Cooks would be amazing. Also possible with the right plays behind the scene. 

Oh poor fucking Sark.  Give me a break.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

This is where Hooks is the gift and the curse. He has a really solid relationship with Sark and that relationship has helped us get into recruitments and win recruitments. The problem this cycle is Hooks is the trainer for the Cal WR, Cook, Evan, and Neyor. The Cal WR is/was very obtainable but you gotta be straight with Hooks and all the kids because they all talk or communicate with/through Hooks. You can’t tell Evan one thing J Mic something else. I am NOT saying that happened just an example of how this specific portal run has complicating factors. It’s  a thin line as well cause Cook is coming to get reps while Hooks also wants to make sure Neyor gets a chance to bounce back. I don’t envy the coaches position on this one. But a WR with Worthy, J Mic, Evan, Neyor and Cooks would be amazing. Also possible with the right plays behind the scene. 

I don't see the issue. We desperately need wide receivers and I think most understand that Neyor will probably need to be eased back into the line-up. There's going to be enough touches for at least 4 receivers next year. Sturdivant is also still a young guy with plenty of eligibility playing on a very bad team. Even coming off the bench next year at Texas would be an upgrade for him. He'll get is turn before he leaves here (if he does come here).

Very few college receivers at blueblood programs get a thousand yards in a season. If they have the skillset, they still get drafted. Being great isn't all about statistics.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I don't see the issue. We desperately need wide receivers and I think most understand that Neyor will probably need to be eased back into the line-up. There's going to be enough touches for at least 4 receivers next year. Sturdivant is also still a young guy with plenty of eligibility playing on a very bad team. Even coming off the bench next year at Texas would be an upgrade for him. He'll get is turn before he leaves here (if he does come here).

Very few college receivers at blueblood programs get a thousand yards in a season. If they have the skillset, they still get drafted. Being great isn't all about statistics.

I agree but it’s also not my money or me also having to work all those egos and expectations. Also would help to keep Red happy because of the True Buzz connections. True Buzz has been a friend of the program with Red, Watts, and helping stay in the race with Ant Hill. 

I don’t know who we end up with in the WR room but J Mic would have been my guy from day one. Evan gets more attention and rightful so, but J Mic a dog and his word is more reliable. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

I agree but it’s also not my money or me also having to work all those egos and expectations. Also would help to keep Red happy because of the True Buzz connections. True Buzz has been a friend of the program with Red, Watts, and helping stay in the race with Ant Hill. 

I don’t know who we end up with in the WR room but J Mic would have been my guy from day one. Evan gets more attention and rightful so, but J Mic a dog and his word is more reliable. 

Are you aware of any buzz with Evan based on the OC situation that unfolded today? You previously alluded to certain promises being made to him with regards to that hire.

29 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Are you saying Sark is smart in deciding the depth chart. Especially since he decided it was smart to start KR ahead of Brooks.

Exactly, I don’t understand why Brooks wasn’t heavy lead on plays. I was going to say maybe someone smarter than me on this board could provide insight …….

but then I realized that person doesn’t exist! 

4 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

TCU has to be an option since they lose everyone.  But if Texas isn’t all in on Sturdivant, they need to punch themselves in the face repeatedly until they die

TCU already got Earle and is about to get Jon Paul Richardson in addition to having Savion Williams/Jordan Hudson returning and bringing in Cordale Russell.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Gerry Hamilton has been pretty adamant  on Blue not showing the ability to run between the tackles in High School and that he does not think he possesses that ability. Perhaps you saw something different, I am mostly parroting his opinion and doubling down with his current size (not his potential to put on weight at a later date). 

Gerry is supposed to be the best at his job but I watched Blue's HUDL and I can't find any fault with him running and receiving other than he runs a bit straight up.  He runs plenty between the tackles.  

https://247sports.com/player/jaydon-blue-46085418/  

• Hook 'Em 1

I went to Texas but grew up in the Bay Area and come from a Cal family.  I watch all their games.  The Cal offense sucked beyond belief because of their o line.  Their skill position talent is actually quite good.  J Mike is a level above.  Dude is phenomenal 

Edited by Zhorn96
  • Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

TCU already got Earle and is about to get Jon Paul Richardson in addition to having Savion Williams/Jordan Hudson returning and bringing in Cordale Russell.

Was not aware they were on Jon Paul... Interesting note in profile

Connections

Bucky Richardson   FATHER

Former Texas A&M quarterback

https://247sports.com/Player/John-Paul-Richardson-46050019/