2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

11 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Any word on how the Trill visit went (big DL from Minnesota)? 

a semi-reliable poster on another forum said it went well but that we probably aren’t in the mix. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

IT had an update. It will come down to whether we want to NIL prioritize. 

Supposedly at Ohio State this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Does the portal window start today or May 1st?  Thought it was May 1st, but Howe at 247 is saying Brown and Johnson are officially in.

The spring college football transfer portal window officially opens up on Saturday, April 15 and is scheduled to close again on Sunday, April 30.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep.  Wish we could have gotten them this year.

Yep. I won’t complain much about our schedule but WVU and OSU will be the two worst teams in the conference this season and we don’t get either team.

Meanwhile OU somehow avoids Tech and KSU who will both be in the top half of the conference, and Baylor who they lost to last season at home.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yep. I won’t complain much about our schedule but WVU and OSU will be the two worst teams in the conference this season and we don’t get either team.

Meanwhile OU somehow avoids Tech and KSU who will both be in the top half of the conference, and Baylor who they lost to last season at home.

It doesn't matter who OU plays this upcoming season, they aren't good.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we want to add some depth at that position with experience this would be a good target. Especially with JT Sanders likely going to go to the league.

Is he willing to be patient for a year before being the #1 guy in 2024 after Sanders leaves? Given the need at the position after the upcoming season, the coaches should definitely have that conversation.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Is he willing to be patient for a year before being the #1 guy in 2024 after Sanders leaves? Given the need at the position after the upcoming season, the coaches should definitely have that conversation.

He'd probably get some run as #2 TE behind JT this fall IMO.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

perhaps we choose to prioritize NIL for this man? (half joking, but it makes me laugh when CTJ said he was a mercenary during his initial recruitment and seeing it come full circle)

would be hilarious to see A&M target him hard as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

perhaps we choose to prioritize NIL for this man? (half joking, but it makes me laugh when CTJ said he was a mercenary during his initial recruitment and seeing it come full circle)

I thought he was going to flame out but I guess he has potential. Maybe OU, USC, Oregon, Miami, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, LSU.