2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

There won’t be a shortage of merch for certain 

Yeah, the only reason I point it out is that t-shirt people seem to emphasize the tangibles (donations) and de-emphasize the intangibles (Texas Football). I don't want people to know I give to Texas Football and would be less likely to purchase if it had a large shaming statement - I want to show that I like Texas Football. Maybe it is a marketing thing or maybe understatement is just how I roll. But someone involved with the t-shirts will immediately point out that the drafts don't mention anything about donations and those versions will be scrapped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, the only reason I point it out is that t-shirt people seem to emphasize the tangibles (donations) and de-emphasize the intangibles (Texas Football). I don't want people to know I give to Texas Football and would be less likely to purchase if it had a large shaming statement - I want to show that I like Texas Football. Maybe it is a marketing thing or maybe understatement is just how I roll. But someone involved with the t-shirts will immediately point out that the drafts don't mention anything about donations and those versions will be scrapped.

I'm here for shaming other people. Otherwise what the fuck am I working so hard for? Might as well do something stupid like spend time with my kids and loved ones.

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Here's the cool thing about merch ... we can make more than one option.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Again no shortage of merch. Just let the lady at the front know if you want the poor shaming package, the I hate aggy package, the I’m here for charity package or the bevo package

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Winning the annual Ezra Oyetade-Dotson Memorial Gerry Hamilton Fixation Award.

He wasn’t running with the one’s going into his second year. Gerry’s a good dude and I like his analysis usually but even the good ones get it wrong sometimes. 

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

A limerick of mixed metaphors:

To mix metaphors

the band got together ...

and they kept playing ... 

... but not Bobby Taylor!!!

any idea about the "and dont think I wanted to leave" line... More stupidity or feels like he needs to bail since most of his buddies got ran off?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

any idea about the "and dont think I wanted to leave" line... More stupidity or feels like he needs to bail since most of his buddies got ran off?

He’s not very good, so normally I’d think he just got pushed out, but aggy is low on scholarship players already, they shouldn’t need to push guys out, they actually need bodies.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

He’s not very good, so normally I’d think he just got pushed out, but aggy is low on scholarship players already, they shouldn’t need to push guys out, they actually need bodies.

Yeah, but they need CBs and LBs, and he's not either. Safety and DL is fucking filled. But I get the general sense, they just took two Rice players in this offseason to play STs, Taylor probably could have done that better than those 2 guys.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, but they need CBs and LBs, and he's not either. Safety and DL is fucking filled. But I get the general sense, they just took two Rice players in this offseason to play STs, Taylor probably could have done that better than those 2 guys.

Maybe, but I do really like this trend of trading 4 star recruits for Rice guys on their roster. Maybe after they are done there they can go after new mexico state.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I hope it means he asked for some nil or “nil” and they laughed, so he got butthurt and thinks the portal will get him his money. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I hope it means he asked for some nil or “nil” and they laughed, so he got butthurt and thinks the portal will get him his money. 

Yep. They didn’t renew and he thinks he’s going to find someone who will give him a new deal. Supposedly CU is not even vaguely interested, but Deion knows PR and signing a 4 star from ATM with a famous name seems like it would be too much for him to pass up. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

They didn't renew?  Did their players know they could get dropped from their NIL deals like that?  I imagine anyone who can't find a new home, and thus sticks around, is going to be majorly fucking pissed off after getting paid the year before.  Imagine having to take a 100% pay cut at your current job, but somehow you still have to go to work at that same job everyday.  Not going to be a happy camper. 

Edited by RabidM

8 hours ago, RabidM said:

They didn't renew?  Did their players know they could get dropped from their NIL deals like that?  I imagine anyone who can't find a new home, and thus sticks around, is going to be majorly fucking pissed off after getting paid the year before.  Imagine having to take a 100% pay cut at your current job, but somehow you still have to go to work at that same job everyday.  Not going to be a happy camper. 

Imagine have a performance/outcome dependent job where you aren't just guaranteed a paycheck for showing up.

If you are valued by the market, you get paid. If you aren't, you stop getting paid. Create value for the market so you get paid.

Edited by Atticus

14 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

They probably don't have NIL money for him.

Because he sucks. And because they don't know what NIL is...aside from the number of championships they're won since the 1930's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3