2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

On 4/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, closetojumping said:

I've been able to catch-up with some friends and this one is viewed as the epitome of the seismic shift that has happened in this sport over the last 2 years. That shift has caused some fucking whiplash. 

Alexander has been driving a car at Georgia worth over $150k. He was going to be a starter on the DL for a staff that has put as many guys in the NFL from the DL over the past 3-4 seasons as damned near anyone. He's on a low 6 figure salary. He's gotten away some bad shit at Georgia that wouldn't pass muster at a bunch of places. 

And ... he walked away from all of that for a package that dwarfs it. 

I would not want this guy at Texas. I fucking despise USC. I think Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius that runs a very soft program. Still, though, I am laughing. Georgia is crying foul and their staff is socializing their "woe is me" nonsense to people in the media and around the sport. Fuck those assholes. Enjoy the taste of sand being kicked in your face, Kirby, you fucking bully.

I'm shocked to learn that the guy who played at like four high schools and almost flipped on NSD due to money is transferring due to money 

Some details might be slightly off, but still 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

I mean, I think I mentioned on here once before but when I was a valet in college, Mikie always tipped a dollar regardless of whether he was bringing his wife or any of his blond, early twenties “nieces” to the restaurant we were working at.  So I’m good with people calling him cheap

I was a waiter once upon a time.  Dell, his wife and another couple would come in.  Separate checks.......

Of course, Sandra Bullock and her entourage used a coupon. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

I mean, I think I mentioned on here once before but when I was a valet in college, Mikie always tipped a dollar regardless of whether he was bringing his wife or any of his blond, early twenties “nieces” to the restaurant we were working at.  So I’m good with people calling him cheap

We must have worked at the same restaurants.  I waited on him a few times.  You'd never get close to 20% out of the dude. 

At one point I tried listening to Andy Staples' cfb podcast because he's a decent enough host but Ari Wasserman is on there all the time so it's unlistenable. He's like Loochi if Loochi got hired to be a national reporter. His stupidity is impossible to under-estimate.

HS_Square_0004_20200227Wasserman-Ari0235

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I was a waiter once upon a time.  Dell, his wife and another couple would come in.  Separate checks.......

When his kids were little, we saw them a couple of times at Sunday brunch at Chez Zee.  It was obvious that the table next to them was his security crew.  Great to be way rich, but what a pain to have a need for private security when you take your wife and kids out for brunch!

Van Dyke was nothing to write home about last season imo, Bama must REALLY not like their options on their current roster. 
If this is truly the case then I REALLY like Bama's options at QB on their current roster.

And this coming from someone who didn't like it one bit when Milroe flipped from us to the gumps.

37 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

When his kids were little, we saw them a couple of times at Sunday brunch at Chez Zee.  It was obvious that the table next to them was his security crew.  Great to be way rich, but what a pain to have a need for private security when you take your wife and kids out for brunch!

Without going too deeply personal on this, I can tell you that that level of being rich, with that kind of security, is way better than not being that level of rich, all things being equal around character and approach to life. I'm not talking about myself, of course, but I've witnessed this stuff and discussed it with someone living within a family of that level of wealth.

21 minutes ago, ousux said:

If this is truly the case then I REALLY like Bama's options at QB on their current roster.emoji41.png

And this coming from someone who didn't like it one bit when Milroe flipped from us to the gumps.

Talked with some friends today about Bama's behavior. They're trying to tie corporate promises to a package big enough to grab someone, anyone, with some name power at QB. The guy at Tulane might be a great fit, but the corporate money isn't there for certain for a relative no-name, no matter how good he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Without going too deeply personal on this, I can tell you that that level of being rich, with that kind of security, is way better than not being that level of rich, all things being equal around character and approach to life. I'm not talking about myself, of course, but I've witnessed this stuff and discussed it with someone living within a family of that level of wealth.

Talked with some friends today about Bama's behavior. They're trying to tie corporate promises to a package big enough to grab someone, anyone, with some name power at QB. The guy at Tulane might be a great fit, but the corporate money isn't there for certain for a relative no-name, no matter how good he is.

I assume they want experience in addition to the name.  If so I think they are fucked. 

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I went out with him a month ago and I didn't see any security. I guess I could have missed it, though.

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

At one point I tried listening to Andy Staples' cfb podcast because he's a decent enough host but Ari Wasserman is on there all the time so it's unlistenable. He's like Loochi if Loochi got hired to be a national reporter. His stupidity is impossible to under-estimate.

HS_Square_0004_20200227Wasserman-Ari0235

41 Fat Elvis Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

59 minutes ago, BERT said:

Did you get any action at the end of your date?

At that level of wealth, it's safe to say Bevo was just there to give.

27 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Just the tip

This certainly jibes with the less than 20% pattern emerging here...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

@Zeus @Gatorubet @gatormarc @Lidig8r

Those are the only UF people I can think of that post on the sports forums.

he was a projected starter for us, but given how much we sucked on defense that is like damning with faint praise.    He’s certainly made improvement over the year and that is what you want to see. You never know when someone will plateau or bust out.    What is a greater concern to me or the rumors that he had a fight with one of our coaches.   that is a bad look for us no matter how it went down. Assuming that rumor is true, of course. And you can always believe everything you see on college football forums, right?

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

@Zeus @Gatorubet @gatormarc @Lidig8r

Those are the only UF people I can think of that post on the sports forums.

Gators edge guys are usually pretty good but overall the defense was total shit last year so it's hard to tell.

I went back to 20:50 in this LSU game I went to last year, the deciding fuck up from the Florida defense...

After not getting a stop until the 3rd quarter!!!!! They clamped down a little, then this monster interception was called back by a late hit. I made sure 52 wasn't the late hitter lol. Actually it was #9 Dexter with a perfect form tackle hit to the chest just after the ball was released they called roughing... Anyway

Hell yes I'd want him. He's used to banging with SEC OLs and he's probably going to be the starting edge if he comes here.

Florida fans are doing the Maalik Murphy portal dance, I don't wanna trade I wanna see Murphy here next year starting lol

4 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

University of Texas at Austin Class of 1981.

I DID have sex with a young lady who attended UF once though ... or, was it twice?

Texas class 2010 here too

Just have a ton of family that went to Florida and epic season tickets

PXL_20221016_003403389.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Gatorubet said:

i’m assuming this is right before AR15 under threw a short pass?

He was very unimpressive passing after the first pass was 50 yard bomb touchdown.

He did have an absolutely crazy long 81 fucking yard run in the 4th quarter to start the come back. 

I think he's basically Lamar Jackson but with worse accuracy (if that's even possible).

Defense lost that one the fucking stops just weren't happening.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

He was very unimpressive passing after the first pass was 50 yard bomb touchdown.

He did have an absolutely crazy long 81 fucking yard run in the 4th quarter to start the come back. 

I think he's basically Lamar Jackson but with worse accuracy (if that's even possible).

Defense lost that one the fucking stops just weren't happening.

Richardson is a coach killer if he gets drafted in the first round. No way they let him sit for a couple of years to develop like Hurts to have any chance of success at the next level.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I have sat in non-visitor seats in that stadium. For a Texas game. 1999 as a matter of fact. I would not do it again. 

Sat right in front of the corps/band section when I was a student at the last game we played them. Can’t say I made many friends that night. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

This reminds me. I'm going to pyle field for the first time for the Auburn @ aggy game this year. Can someone inform me how to behave? Keep in mind, based on my posting history, that I'll be pretty open minded to behaviors that some might consider to be...eccentric

Edited by TotallyLegit