2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bama already tried hard with Drake Maye back in December/January, so I'm assuming they are going down the list again.

Van Dyke was nothing to write home about last season imo, Bama must REALLY not like their options on their current roster. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Van Dyke was nothing to write home about last season imo, Bama must REALLY not like their options on their current roster. 

Everything Cristobal touched turned to garbage at Miami last year. The Josh Gattis experiment at OC also was a disaster.

Van Dyke isn't elite but he's pretty good and threw for almost 3,000 yards with 25 TD's and 6 INT's in 2021.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Speaking of internet rumors, apparently USC people are trying to lure Marvin Harrison Jr there. 

I wonder if USC is just earmarking a top Belitnikoff level one year rental every year and has a tampering war chest for that position. How Riley hasn't gotten popped for this yet is really amazing with the number of P5 schools he is pissing off.  Pitt is one thing, but Texas and Ohio State are a whole other ballgame.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I wonder if USC is just earmarking a top Belitnikoff level one year rental every year and has a tampering war chest for that position. How Riley hasn't gotten popped for this yet is really amazing with the number of P5 schools he is pissing off.  Pitt is one thing, but Texas and Ohio State are a whole other ballgame.

I haven't seen anything with Harrison Jr and SC being rumored since the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

lol wuuuuuuuut

Obviously they will pout - but can they actually do anything about it? It isn't just the SEC that is pissed about USC. It is also tOSU, Texas, OU, and the PAC. With all those schools pissed, NCAA as feckless as they are, might step up to the plate.

Of schools whose alumni really care about football, ie not Ivy League and not Stanford, USC has produced the most billionaires. wouldn’t be surprised if one or two is providing the juice. Maybe Will Ferrell. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrickcai/2021/04/14/these-10-colleges-have-produced-the-most-billionaire-alumni/?sh=326601fe6a9a

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

aggy?

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Of schools whose alumni really care about football, ie not Ivy League and not Stanford, USC has produced the most billionaires. wouldn’t be surprised if one or two is providing the juice. Maybe Will Ferrell. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrickcai/2021/04/14/these-10-colleges-have-produced-the-most-billionaire-alumni/?sh=326601fe6a9a

Please tell me you aren’t saying will Ferrell is a billionaire. This is important. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

Lulz.  This is about Miami's QB, Tyler Van Dyke, being targeted by Bama.

image.thumb.png.ce213098327b5fb52952aff71e58f046.png

I only watched Miami once (part of their game against aggy).

I choose to believe that game was a wholly accurate indication of the QB play at Miami this past year, and that Bama is proper fucked if they feel that would be such a big upgrade that it's worth throwing money at in the portal.

No questions or comments at this time, please respect my decision.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Guys the will Ferrell reference was a joke. Geeze. 

Dr Dre on the other hand...

44 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Weigman to bama would be everything. There’s not a good reason for him not to consider it and he’s certainly better than vd. 

Would have to sit a year 

The Miami 247 board said Van Dyke is staying at Miami.

They had this interesting line in the note - not seen tampering called out this explicitly in $9.95 updates.

"According to sources, Alabama made overtures to Van Dyke via back channels, but ultimately the quarterback is staying at UM with a revised NIL deal."

Of course, the effing NCAA won't do a thing.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This dude Mark Stevens. USC billionaire philanthropist. Sports nut. Part owner of the Warriors (dude who got into a shoving match with Kyle Lowry in the 19 NBA finals).

image.thumb.jpeg.612c2e3f31e1c92473e2e98d3594be57.jpeg

Edited by Scholz

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Weigman to bama would be everything. There’s not a good reason for him not to consider it and he’s certainly better than vd. 

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to see this, SEC to SEC transfers have to sit a year per conference rules, so it's unlikely to ever be under consideration 

23 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Michael Dell but he’s not as invested?

The athletic lottery in the jewish community unfortunately did not land on Michael Dell. He is more concerned with dumb shit like climate change and building hospitals for ants. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The athletic lottery in the jewish community unfortunately did not land on Michael Dell. He is more concerned with dumb shit like climate change and building hospitals for ants. 

I was going to say “Michael Dell but he’s too cheap” but thought better of it

• Haha 1

So who could Bama poach from at QB this point that would move the needle?

Outside of the P5 I can come up with a few, but there is t a ton of top end guys this year that mage sense.

Pratt at Tulane

McCall at Costal Carolina

Harris at UTSA

Reed at WKU

45 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Outside of the P5 I can come up with a few, but there is t a ton of top end guys this year that mage sense.

Pratt at Tulane

Harris at UTSA

Reed at WKU

jaylon Daniels?

7 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Pratt at Tulane

Harris at UTSA

Reed at WKU

Didn't McCall enter the portal but returned to Coastal due to not playing school well enough to transfer? 

Looking at non-SEC top returning quarterbacks list for 2023, pretty much all of them are players who already transferred. 

Sam Hartman - ND
Jordan Travis - FSU
Cam Rising - Utah
Michael Penix Jr - Washington

They struck out on these guys:

Drake Maye - UNC
Tyler Van Dyke - Miami

Quarterbacks who still have a free transfer:

Jalon Daniels - Kansas
JJ McCarthy - Michigan
Michael Pratt - Tulane, would probably be their best bet.
Will Howard - Kansas St
Frank Harris - UTSA

Edited by BurntOrange&White

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn't McCall enter the portal but returned to Coastal due to not playing school well enough to transfer? 

Looking at non-SEC top returning quarterbacks list for 2023, pretty much all of them are players who already transferred. 

Sam Hartman - ND
Jordan Travis - FSU
Cam Rising - Utah
Michael Penix Jr - Washington

They struck out on these guys:

Drake Maye - UNC
Tyler Van Dyke - Miami

Quarterbacks who still have a free transfer:

Jalon Daniels - Kansas
JJ McCarthy - Michigan
Michael Pratt - Tulane, would probably be their best bet.
Will Howard - Kansas St
Frank Harris - UTSA

It’s my understanding that everyone has a free transfer no matter how many times they have transferred. There is no excuse anymore for a major blue blood program to not have a solid QB. 

9 hours ago, Scholz said:

I was going to say “Michael Dell but he’s too cheap” but thought better of it

I mean, I think I mentioned on here once before but when I was a valet in college, Mikie always tipped a dollar regardless of whether he was bringing his wife or any of his blond, early twenties “nieces” to the restaurant we were working at.  So I’m good with people calling him cheap

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Maybe you can get some of your goyim buddies to make up the difference.

Whatever you say, realgreggoyim 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It’s my understanding that everyone has a free transfer no matter how many times they have transferred. There is no excuse anymore for a major blue blood program to not have a solid QB. 

The NCAA changed it back to only one free transfer. We’ll see how much they actually enforce it.