2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

CTJ should do brinner with Roach.

Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, where it sits between both standard meal times.

Lunch and Dinner would be some other combination, call it Linner or Dunch, whatever. But what you've done there is somehow combine Brunch and Dinner, while skipping over Lunch entirely despite the fact you'd be well past the Brunch designation, and well onto just "lunch." What in the ever loving fuck are you thinking here?

• Haha 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, where it sits between both standard meal times.

Lunch and Dinner would be some other combination, call it Linner or Dunch, whatever. But what you've done there is somehow combine Brunch and Dinner, while skipping over Lunch entirely despite the fact you'd be well past the Brunch designation, and well onto just "lunch." What in the ever loving fuck are you thinking here?

When you sit down at 10AM and finally get up to leave at 9PM, what the fuck would you propose we call it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Bottomless mimosas bro!

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

While EJ was (is) eccentric and could not be understood by anyone older than him (and many close to his age), he provided great scoop and found great schadenfreude in trolling Hamm. Overall, when it comes to the Texas beat, I don't believe Roach is better at covering recruiting than EJ.

However, neither were/are great...

EJ was played like a fiddle by trainers and 7on7 teams/coaches. EJ was fine but and no one in the recruiting threads, literally not one person, was upset about him leaving.

Let's not act like he was some huge loss.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

ok.  i'm not trying to convince you of anything or carry water for him? i am not saying he is some incredible writer or scoops guy.

i am saying that he is significantly better than the guy he replaced (EJ), i am saying he puts in a ton of miles, and i am saying he isn't the worst person who covers texas or texas recruiting, that's all. he's perfectly fine. like you said, he is a perfectly vanillas ass dude who likes TXHSFB and that is fine. nothing wrong with that.

carrying water? fuck off with that bullshit.

i completely agree with you on him wanting to work for Dave Campbell's Texas Football and that he would be good at that.

FWIW, and I can’t be the only guy that does this - I flat out don’t read the guy and don’t give any credence to any of the takes from him that get repeated here. So, while I don’t think he’s a detriment to Texas football, I also think he is legitimately useless at his job. Not sure where that ranks him in the realm of $9.95ers other than locating him squarely above Ketchum and Chip Brown. I would rank almost every poster on this board as a better $9.95er than Fat Fucking Ketchum and the scalawag Chip Brown, however. Not exactly up on a pedestal. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What the fuck? Brinner is breakfast for dinner. The best meal ever created 

• Hook 'Em 8

With Catalon coming in that means we have what- the best safety that's moved schools and the second best corner back?  Or something like it?  Along with a top 5 punter of all the guys that changed teams?

I know many were wetting the bed about how "inactive" we've been in using the portal to fill our needs, but my sense is we probably have 2 of the top 20 guys that have actually moved on from one place to another. I don't get the sense that we have lost a single player we didn't want to lose- am I missing someone?  Finally, JWhitt and Jones coming back will keep two of the top 15 players on our team in Austin for next year that we really weren't counting on keeping.  Combined with bringing in at least 1 more guy that fits in the top 20 of the roster from the transfer portal in Catalon that's 3 guys we didn't expect to be here while leaving the field of senior day against Baylor.  
We need a stud WR from the portal or we need Neyor to be healthy and a stud (since we won't know about Neyor until August prudence dictates we ought to take one that's really good) to finish off the WR room.  

We need a 1 year guy at LB to be a bridge from what we have now to the class coming in.

We don't need an Edge, per se, unless we'd like to have a really elite defense, so, we probably ought to get an edge.  But we just need to retain current guys and find those 3 parts and this team doesn't have any weaknesses next year. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Js1 said:

That’s not how that fucking works. Otherwise you’re just making up whatever. Punch is the pussy I had for lunch. Sinner is the sloppy Joe you had for dinner. Winner is…no one who tries to make Brinner a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

YARN | but it's kind of hard to beat brinner. | Scrubs (2001) - S07E07  Drama | Video gifs by quotes | 32b63cea | ç´—

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s not how that fucking works. Otherwise you’re just making up whatever. Punch is the pussy I had for lunch. Sinner is the sloppy Joe you had for dinner. Winner is…no one who tries to make Brinner a thing. 

This guy doesn't watch Scrubs.

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A mid-day dinner should have a name different from dinner.

Supper?  I have no idea what the fuck supper is, but some people use that as a different meal than dinner, not interchangeably.  Those people I think hail from the midwest. Which basically make them simpletons.  

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A mid-day dinner should have a name different from dinner.

Dinner is just the largest meal you have. It can be at noon, in the afternoon, or evening. Supper is more specific to evening.

In India people will say 'Let's go ahead and have dinner now' when they want to go out for lunch and stay at home for supper.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Wasn't Ugwoegbu one of the bright spots on their defense? I'm not gonna lie, I'm not against recruiting a Sooner in the Portal. It means they've learned the error of their ways going there in the first place.

Meh. He’s essentially being processed. He’ll most likely end up at a group of 5 school. Grinch fucked this kid when he moved him to LB. Lead foot with almost no athleticism. He had a high tackle count because our DT’s suck. 

2, 23, 25 all gone from OU defense. This is a good thing. 

Edited by Constant
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

Meh. He’s essentially being processed. He’ll most likely end up at a group of 5 school. Grinch fucked this kid when he moved him to LB. Lead foot with almost no athleticism. He had a high tackle count because our DT’s suck. 

2, 23, 25 all gone from OU defense. This is a good thing. 

Your far and away leading tackler on the defense sucked and is being processed from a defense that blew ass. I mean, I suppose that's possible, but why process him? You really going to end up with 5 better LB's on campus before next fall?  That seems like at a worst case scenario he's setting a reasonable floor for yall. Not knowing shit about fuck as regards the sooner defense (other than it sucks) I guess I have to defer to you on this, but that sounds sort of implausible.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Your far and away leading tackler on the defense sucked and is being processed from a defense that blew ass. I mean, I suppose that's possible, but why process him? You really going to end up with 5 better LB's on campus before next fall?  That seems like at a worst case scenario he's setting a reasonable floor for yall. Not knowing shit about fuck as regards the sooner defense (other than it sucks) I guess I have to defer to you on this, but that sounds sort of implausible.  

Stutsman was the tackle leader- mostly because he can actually move side to side. There are easily 5 more talented LB’s on the roster and they are BV’s guys. Kanak is going to step into the Mike and be a better, more dynamic player instantly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

EJ was played like a fiddle by trainers and 7on7 teams/coaches. EJ was fine but and no one in the recruiting threads, literally not one person, was upset about him leaving.

Let's not act like he was some huge loss.

You’re conveniently ignoring my standalone sentence to end my post. Neither are great, but EJ (despite being wrong more than Roach) actually delivered scoop. Roach is clueless, hesitant, or last most of the time - when it pertains to recruits. 

Stutsman was the tackle leader- mostly because he can actually move side to side. There are easily 5 more talented LB’s on the roster and they are BV’s guys. Kanak is going to step into the Mike and be a better, more dynamic player instantly. 

Man you can set your watch to sooner bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3