WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Story (Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al)

atomheartbevo

The film was first announced in January, and is written by both Yankovic and Eric Appel. In a statement at the time, Yankovic said he was “absolutely thrilled” about Radcliffe’s casting.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the role future generations will remember him for,” he said.

The film is set to be released this year on The Roku Channel.

The movie, according to a press release, “holds nothing back, exploring every facet of Yankovic’s life, from his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like ‘Eat It’ and ‘Like a Surgeon’ to his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle.”

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, yoladu said:

smart guy. Valedictorian of his high school and Cal Poly grad.

I had a friend who went to Poly with him. Said they called him bike guy because he road his bicycle all around SLO without touching the handlebars. CSB

49 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Was thinking the same thing.

100% perfect casting.

I used to listen to Dr. Demento every Sunday night on Z-97 (now The Eagle). I think My Dead Dog Rover is the one that hooked me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Oh ok, this is my fucking wheelhouse. Can't wait, I may actually go to Alamo Drafthouse for this one. The preview stuff is going to be great. 

From my understanding, it's only streaming on the Roku channel. What an absolute waste if true. 

Listening to The Ticket the other day and Gordo was talking about a tune Al wrote, but never recorded because McCartney didn't approve it (he's vegan). Chicken Pot Pie (Live and Let Die). He does perform it live from time to time.

• 2 months later...

Holy shit, I expected nothing from this but this movie is amazing. Funniest movie since..... I don't even know.

Will Forte laying into movie Weird Al, in front of the real Weird Al. "Oh ok I think that's enough."

Dr. Demento: "Ok here's an offer... they want you to replace Roger Moore in the James Bond franchise."

"No! I'm not going to be James Bond OR Indiana Jones!".

• 3 weeks later...