2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

With the Thursday start for the K-State series I don’t think we want anyone throwing more than an inning or two today.

If Shaw is out for any extended stretch then Whitehead might be the primary left handed arm out of the pen. You definitely don’t want him to throw 5 or 6 innings today and burn him for the week.

6 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Carlson has more career games at 3rd than everyone on our roster combined and could be at worst a middle of the lineup bat with consistent ABs. Something has to be happening there. 

Yea the Carlson thing is crazy. He has been a ghost since the ejection. 
Especially with our plate struggles in middle infield when he has experience as a utility inf

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Galvan at catcher again? Hope he gets up on his feet.

He didn't.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Is Constantine still 0-career? Probably needs to shake that monkey. 

He did! 🤘

Best part was seeing the reaction from the bench and wanting the ball for him. It wasn't thrown in and the next batter fouled it off into the stands. A team manager went and exchange another for it and he took it back to the locker room and they for sure gave it to him after the game.

41 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Because when he does hit it, he hits it hard. He just needs some experience.

He hit one really hard and far (opposite field onto Comal) today. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

I wonder if they travel commercial, or by AF transport

I went to the game with two former AF players and they said they hitch rides on AF transports. Essentially they post where they need to go and pilots who need flight hours will usually pick up the trip. They were in and out of Austin same day.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Mac8111 said:

I went to the game with two former AF players and they said they hitch rides on AF transports. Essentially they post where they need to go and pilots who need flight hours will usually pick up the trip. They were in and out of Austin same day.

Makes sense why the game started at 4pm

6 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Preparing those guys for Space A travel...

image.jpeg.f9f6cc3a5b8b7ad26b477d9613eed5ff.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Make them parachute in 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Air Force.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10-minute researched Kansas State scouting report:

-They have 2 or 3 good arms and then there is a steep drop off. Friday night guy Boerema is a lefty transfer from Northwestern, but not the Northwestern you are thinking of. Division 3 Northwestern in Minnesota. Really funky delivery that gets some weird swings at times. Won’t throw much harder than 88-90 but is effective (3.89 ERA in 37 innings with 45 K’s). They will throw him into the ground too. Has over 100 pitches in 4 starts already.

-Saturday guy Fajardo is a righty who might have the best pure stuff on the staff but isn’t consistent. Basically their version of Zane Morehouse to a lesser extent. Throws hard (91-93, can bump 94/95 at times) but will just randomly lose it. ERA over 5, but shut down a good WVU offense last week. Has some control issues.

-Sunday starter is a mystery but everyone they’ve trotted out there has sucked.

-Righty Tyson Neighbors is the closer. Texas kid and is having a really good year (ERA under 2 with 4 saves). Up to 94/95 with the fastball. Highlight of his life was having a scoreless appearance against us last year. Thought he might do cartwheels off the mound.

-Hitting .269 as a team despite a pretty soft schedule so far. 2 guys above .300. Nick Goodwin might be their best all-around player. SS hitting .283 with 7 bombs.

-The 1B Roberto Peña should sound familiar. He played CF on the USF super regional team. He was the one that had the ball sail over his head on the walkoff in game 1.

-I’m pretty sure this isn’t a regional type team, but they are probably better than the team last year that took 2 of 3 against us. Their sweep against OU was impressive but other than that they don’t have much on their resume.

-This seems like a sweepable series if our pitching holds up but 2 out of 3 would likely at least keep us on track big picture wise.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Don't pull a B&P and forgot the THURSDAY game and start time.  I totally furked around and forgot about the 4pm start time for AF.  Imagine my surprise, when I flipped on the TV at 6 and the game was in the bottom of the 6th.  I had called my dad to remind about the game to make it worse.

in the foot 2.jpg

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

54 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Is there some law against playing on Easter Sunday?   Too hard to get people to work the game?

A law? No. Big 12 doesn’t typical play that day. I know some SEC series this weekend are still Friday to Sunday. Heathens

BYU next year is gonna make a lot of teams have another Th-Sat series

Edited by Js1

Pierce said on the radio there’s a chance they could play Sunday if KSU can rearrange their flights. 

he also said Witt threw against hitters yesterday and will do the same next week.  Expects him to pitch for real in 3 weeks at earliest.  Sounds like it would be an inning or two at a time at first.  

We need to reschedule or cancel one of those Texas State games next week. Playing 5 games in 5 days at this point of the season from a pitching standpoint is not smart. Keep the Monday one in San Marcos and find another time for them to come back to Austin.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We need to reschedule or cancel one of those Texas State games next week. Playing 5 games in 5 days at this point of the season from a pitching standpoint is not smart. Keep the Monday one in San Marcos and find another time for them to come back to Austin.

Keep the Monday game and play four days in a row?  Why?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Keep the Monday game and play four days in a row?  Why?

Because it’s better than 5 days in a row?

Texas State will not want to move the home game. That’s their Super Bowl every year with a sellout. Is a huge moneymaker for them. Maybe they will be kind and move the home game to Tuesday and the game in austin can happen another time, but I doubt it.

Edited by Hookem2147