Abbott / ERCOT

Nice Guy Eddie

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do you have anything to contribute to this thread about Abbott/Ercot or are you simply laying all your grievances out for us? Why are you here? Just trolling today?

No and yes. 

After he outed himself in The Supremes thread as only caring about his bank account and living in a house worth seven figures, I've had a policy of not engaging, but I thought it would be entertaining today to watch him try to deflect.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Pros - Power stability and lower prices

Cons - Obey federal regulations

What are the cons of obeying federal regulations? Do they outweigh the pros? As I understand it, unchecked deregulation has allowed the producers to cut the margins between peak capacity and peak demand too thin. Is that a gross misunderstanding or oversimplification?

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

What are the cons of obeying federal regulations? Do they outweigh the pros? As I understand it, unchecked deregulation has allowed the producers to cut the margins between peak capacity and peak demand too thin. Is that a gross misunderstanding or oversimplification?

The cons are that the rich guys who get rich off of Texas energy despite not keeping the power on maybe don't get to stay so rich and maybe don't donate so much to the politicians who support them.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

we lose all our freedoms, homey. every single one. since freedom flows through electrical lines, this should have been obvious to you. be better. no, be best!

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but this actually hurts when you say it. There are smart people here, but you’ve always struck me as someone with maybe some brain damage as a child, or something?  Your posts make Rocko seem like an intellectual giant.  Your “thoughts” are agreeing with the smart folks in the room, and then negging my posts.  I’m sorry if you actually have some type of developmental delay or something. It would explain so much, but sorry all the same. 

I have 185 negs total ever on this website and I get most of those were for TTom. Unless that’s you I doubt I’ve ever negged you. 

Thanks, apparently you think learning from smart people is a developmental issue. That makes a lot of sense.

It’s deliberate. 

LBJ

"I want the top lawyer in the United States representing me before the Supreme Court to be a Negro. And be a damn good lawyer that's done it before." He added, "I want to do this job that (Abraham) Lincoln started, and I want to do it the right way."

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but this actually hurts when you say it. There are smart people here, but you’ve always struck me as someone with maybe some brain damage as a child, or something?  Your posts make Rocko seem like an intellectual giant.  Your “thoughts” are agreeing with the smart folks in the room, and then negging my posts.  I’m sorry if you actually have some type of developmental delay or something. It would explain so much, but sorry all the same. 

about the only dude on this site you can talk shit to about being stupid is workswithseed.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

about the only dude on this site you can talk shit to about being stupid is workswithseed.

Funny. I’d post the Alanis gif but it’s been popular today.

You are just a bastion of intelligence, yourself.  

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Correct, late night. 

Just looking for an example of a politician who’s in it for the mundane governing, and not the hijinks. Noticed I’m still the only one to come up with a single example. Weird. 

90% of democrats and 5% of republicans in the texas level. Weird. 

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if it were written in proper grammar, yes. but we can't have errant commas representing us

Yeah, there was a missing word and a comma for no reason.  Seemed pretty Surly to me, but maybe it's just pretty Republican.

Edited by TexArcher
And I see what you did there, but you actually meant to. He's just stupid.
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have 185 negs total ever on this website and I get most of those were for TTom. Unless that’s you I doubt I’ve ever negged you. 

Thanks, apparently you think learning from smart people is a developmental issue. That makes a lot of sense.

He is probably thinking of me since I've been negging him for the thread derail. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, horn4life said:

First off, obeying federal regulations is the only chance Texas has beyond anything but rampant pollution by corporations eventually cleaned up and paid for by taxpayers.  Look at the fucking flaring in Texas and the complete lack of giving a shit about it at all.  

Second when I hear dumbassery of "cheaper rates"  its.... you guessed it, a fucking lie.  Because the costs are simply not factored in correctly.  Fuck up, freeze the state solid and who picks up that tab?  individual homeowners, and of course the cost burden shifted to.... the fucking taxpayers.

I used to be a card carry Republican.  My boss hired me away from my old employer so I would not take Karl Rove's business away from him.  The GOP hasn't solved a single fucking problem of any magnitude that I can think of in the last 30 years.  We are still waiting on the GOP health plan.  it's all lip service, and distraction.  

The electrical grid is a pretty fucking big deal and we got more action on trying to criminalize the danger of transgender parents trying to help their child the best way they know how, than was expended to fix the electrical grid.  Anyone's electrical bill falling?  Anybody incur expense or loss of income do the electrical grid crashing?  Anyone get a bail out from Governor Abbott via bond sales?  Like his energy supporters are all getting?  Just curious.

Again i just wish for one fucking time in my lifetime I could point to a solution to an actual problem that matters!  If there is some great problem the GOP in Texas has fixed in the last 30 years, please, please, please let me know what it was?  

nathan fillion castle GIF

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if it were written in proper grammar, yes. but we can't have errant commas representing us

Nor capitalization or punctuation, apparently. 

27 minutes ago, troph said:

90% of democrats and 5% of republicans in the texas level. Weird. 

You believe 90% of Democrats fit your original statement about mundane governance? Let’s just agree to disagree. 

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Nor apparently capitalization or punctuation.  

You believe 90% of Democrats fit your original statement about mundane governance? Let’s just agree to disagree. 

right because the grid, healthcare for poor texans, reforms to education, welfare assistance, regulating commerce, and on and on are not mundane governance issues to you and other republicans, those issues are lightening rods that bring out dog whistles about sanctuary cities and freedom and porous borders, and more.  that's plainly obvious.  but that's what government does, except in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 7

Any examples where the only race and sex to be considered was announced before hand?  

First time I remember the race of a justice being explicitly called out before the nomination happened was Clarence Thomas.  Senior Bush needed a black man to replace the black man that died.  And of course, before Marshall, they didn't have to call out the race or sex of the person they were going to nominate because it was just understood it would be a white man who would be nominated.  

What you are complaining about is not some new grievance.  What's new and different is that for the first time you are seeing evidence of this thing that has been happening all along, you just aren't in the favored group in this instance.  If you step back and try to look at issues from other people's shoes, which I know you are capable of, I think some of your grievances will go away, because the grievance isn't "Some new terrible thing is happening," it's actually more like "Oh, the group I'm a part of isn't the preferred in group every single time anymore, and that's a little scary."  It shouldn't be scary that we're just trying to get closer to the meritocracy that was supposedly set up at our founding.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

First time I remember the race of a justice being explicitly called out before the nomination happened was Clarence Thomas.  Senior Bush needed a black man to replace the black man that died.  And of course, before Marshall, they didn't have to call out the race or sex of the person they were going to nominate because it was just understood it would be a white man who would be nominated.  

What you are complaining about is not some new grievance.  What's new and different is that for the first time you are seeing evidence of this thing that has been happening all along, you just aren't in the favored group in this instance.  If you step back and try to look at issues from other people's shoes, which I know you are capable of, I think some of your grievances will go away, because the grievance isn't "Some new terrible thing is happening," it's actually more like "Oh, the group I'm a part of isn't the preferred in group every single time anymore, and that's a little scary."  It shouldn't be scary that we're just trying to get closer to the meritocracy that was supposedly set up at our founding.

NAIU for president, Troph for Chief Justice.  Actually I don't want the job the robes are ugly and I'd rather be able to post on the internet.

His passion for politics is the same as it was in El Paso, to clear an easier path for his in laws real estate deals.

Not sure how making guns more difficult for psychos to access, restoring bodily autonomy to women, and ensuring a reliable power supply to our state will affect real estate transactions, but if his in laws make some money off those policies I’m ok w it

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

His pandering for votes does not surprise me in the least. But it’s the governing he cares about…

Any examples where the only race and sex to be considered was announced before hand?  

I don’t believe you. 

You are correct. How many have singled out a particular race and sex, discriminating against all others, publicly.   I’m certain many will find that ok, team players after all. But there’s a word for it. 

Hoping to shift the public’s attention from his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, Trump moved quickly on Saturday to make the new Supreme Court vacancy a central issue in his campaign, announcing he would name a woman to replace Ginsburg this week…

“It will be a woman, a very talented, very brilliant woman,” Trump said, after the crowd overwhelmingly cheered for a female nominee. “I haven’t chosen yet, but we have numerous women on the list.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Anyone who lobbies for a 10-year-old rape victim to be forced to carry her rapist's baby should be put down right there on the spot. Just chop your dumb goddamn head off right then and there and raise the overall level of the gene pool. I cannot believe these ghouls not only exist, but hold positions of influence and power. It's maddening. 

I read a report today that said the child was more than likely impregnated while she was 9. She only recently turned 10.

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I read a report today that said the child was more than likely impregnated while she was 9. She only recently turned 10.

head. on ground. immediately. like one of those blades from the end of "The Last Crusade" just chops your goddamn head right off.  you wanna know how I know there is no god? because rapists and their enablers are not dying on the spot.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2

Since Republicans are "oh so concerned" to distract with "mental health care". Let's not forget who it was that completely dismantled and put so many former occupants of mental hospitals onto the streets here in Texas. Another lie and distraction.

The good news is these Republican actions creating additional homelessness of the mentally ill, gives them the local issue of homelessness as an issue that the Dems created.  Cool isn't it, this create a problem, blame other folks for it. Rinse and repeat.  It's like Trump and Co running up massive as shit deficits of a magnitude increase never seen before during a time of plenty (prior to GWB doing the same thing), and deficits are... Dems fault...

Nobody spends money like a GOP President who inherits a good economy from the prior Dem.  I just wish a GOP President would fix enough shit one term to hand off a better situation than they inherited to a Democratic income President.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don’t have a grievance with it. I think it’s discriminatory, but it’s obvious that Reagan, 41, TGF, and now Biden have all played it. I just think it’s funny what’s bad discrimination, and what’s OK discrimination.  The only reason I even used it as an example is supposedly there are a bunch of pols out there that don’t care about the social issues, just the mundane libertarian shit, but they just can’t be named. The closest we’ve gotten since that post was a list of campaign promises. Even fucking Huffines had a nice looking list, and then out of his mouth was nothing but social timewasting bullshit our govt shouldn’t even be entertaining much less dealing with.  

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Even fucking Huffines had a nice looking list, and then out of his mouth was nothing but social timewasting bullshit our govt shouldn’t even be entertaining much less dealing with.  

Come on fatty... you're better than this. Nothing about Huffines was sensible. I'm really struggling how you equate someone like a Huffines with Beto's platform. 

4 minutes ago, YChang said:

Come on fatty... you're better than this. Nothing about Huffines was sensible. I'm really struggling how you equate someone like a Huffines with Beto's platform. 

I don’t. I’m saying that making a list of govt actions: Roads, schools, cops, border, healthcare, voting rights, etc is easy af to put on paper.  Like I said, when he opened his mouth, then it was about the gays and trans sports, restrooms, etc.   

I don’t equate either of the two other than they are looking for the same thing. Wealth and power.  I’d posit neither gaf about Texas if you took those two perks away.  Beto showed us what his purpose was in El Paso, a puppet for his inlaws real estate developments. Texas is a stepping stone for what “he was born for”, to be the president. Lulz. 

Edited by fattyflattie

It is pretty brilliant to use something as simple as who is using what bathroom to distract your voters away from shit that really matters, like the power grid, education, healthcare, etc.

But you also need a lot of people who are stupid enough to get distracted by who is using what bathrooms.  Not many states have that many stupid people, and unfortunately Texas probably leads the list.

Which is why the energy capital of the US or world or whatever, is going to spend its summer wondering when rolling blackouts will happen.

Beto showed us what his purpose was in El Paso, a puppet for his inlaws real estate developments. Texas is a stepping stone for what “he was born for”, to be the president. Lulz. 

Mmmm... I see.

I get skepticism and agree it's important to hold elected officials accountable for what they promised or talked about during the campaign trail. But that is some amazingly pessimistic view about Beto. I mean, if that's the case, there's no politician in TX or the US right now you can truly vote for then. 

7 minutes ago, YChang said:

Mmmm... I see.

I get skepticism and agree it's important to hold elected officials accountable for what they promised or talked about during the campaign trail. But that is some amazingly pessimistic view about Beto. I mean, if that's the case, there's no politician in TX or the US right now you can truly vote for then. 

I stated upthread I believe Katie Porter doesn’t fall into that group, even though I don’t agree with her politics. 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I stated upthread I believe Katie Porter doesn’t fall into that group, even though I don’t agree with her politics. 

"her politics" meaning her constantly holding assholes like the ones you vote for accountable? those politics?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 6:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is the new normal if we allow it. Their process will be to run the electric supply as close to the demand as possible. This will lead to periodic blackouts and higher prices.

If you want to show your dissatisfaction at either Abbott or ERCOT, then don't conserve power today. Do the opposite during peak hours: lower your home temp, run appliances, charge up your electric car.  And more importantly, tell others to do the same.

Go about your day as a freedom-loving American and don't heed the call to sit in a hot house.

I haven't read the thread, but I can salute this out-of-the-box thinking.

I think forcing a massive failure of a terrible policy would have great impact. We wouldn't have to do it all summer, just enough to draw national attention to Texas. We've been the star of news criminalizing abortion, covering up the failure of police during the Uvalde slaughter, suing the US when Trump wasn't elected, the Snowpocalyspe with Ted Cruz boarding a plane for Cancun.

We're a shit state. Maybe we can help the rest of the country by setting the bad example of how these fascists govern. Trains on time? My ass.

4 hours ago, horn4life said:

The electrical grid is a pretty fucking big deal and we got more action on trying to criminalize the danger of transgender parents trying to help their child the best way they know how, than was expended to fix the electrical grid.  Anyone's electrical bill falling?  Anybody incur expense or loss of income do the electrical grid crashing?  Anyone get a bail out from Governor Abbott via bond sales?  Like his energy supporters are all getting?  Just curious.

Amen.

And hooking into the national grid cannot be any worse than what we are experiencing now.  Hell, relatives in East Texas who are not on the national grid, kept their power during snowpocalypse, and we pay higher rates than they do (granted that’s anecdotal).  

I would vote for Beto just on that alone.  Fucking Greg Abbott has had 20 years as AG or Governor, and nothing in that 20 years says he’ll make things better going forward, and he doesn’t need a few more decades to keep taking us in the wrong direction.

It is fucking embarrassing when relatives from Oklahoma and Arkansas mock you for Texas being run by idiots kissing up to religious zealots.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Amen.

And hooking into the national grid cannot be any worse than what we are experiencing now.  Hell, relatives in East Texas who are not on the national grid, kept their power during snowpocalypse, and we pay higher rates than they do (granted that’s anecdotal).  

I would vote for Beto just on that alone.  Fucking Greg Abbott has had 20 years as AG or Governor, and nothing in that 20 years says he’ll make things better going forward, and he doesn’t need a few more decades to keep taking us in the wrong direction.

It is fucking embarrassing when relatives from Oklahoma and Arkansas mock you for Texas being run by idiots kissing up to religious zealots.

Arkansas is about to elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders as governor so not sure there's much deserved mocking of Texas coming from that direction.

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Arkansas is about to elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders as governor so not sure there's much deserved mocking of Texas coming from that direction.

The fact that Texas is now getting lumped in with states like Arkansas should be embarrassment enough. We should be leading the pack, not bringing up the rear. We're a state in rapid decline.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Amen.

I live in Arkansas and we went to Marshall, Texas and they didn't have water.  (Covered in another thread.)  If water regularly shut off in my town, there would be a fucking riot and we'd hang the mayor.  In East Texas, it seemed the norm.

• Hook 'Em 3

I tried to mock my bro in Arkansas about Sarah. He replied:
Abbott
Cruz
Paxton
Gohmert
Patrick
Alex Jones
Joe Rogan…
  • Rage+1 2