LBGTQ

Mo Horn

On 2/22/2024 at 8:33 AM, Dahobbs said:

Waiting.

Don’t hold your breath.

20 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I have a theory. On x/twitter, there were quite a few pointing out that the school is 40% minority and arguing that when the race of the suspect isn't released by the media, that means it is black. There was some discussion of inner city schools in general as well. 

Somewhat amusing is that though it is true that the school (and surrounding community) is 60% Caucasian, it is also true that it is only 5-6% black. 

I’d say that’s a likely explanation. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:54 AM, wildcat09 said:

They're going to try to say Nex died of excited delirium, a totally real thing.

Should have institutionalized Nex for hysteria.

Edited by Nivek

On 2/22/2024 at 11:13 AM, Dahobbs said:

I have a theory. On x/twitter, there were quite a few pointing out that the school is 40% minority and arguing that when the race of the suspect isn't released by the media, that means it is black. There was some discussion of inner city schools in general as well. 

Somewhat amusing is that though it is true that the school (and surrounding community) is 60% Caucasian, it is also true that it is only 5-6% black. 

It's also rather sad that the social media 'experts' are so blind to their perspective that they cannot conceive that a school might have a larger indigenous population (some of whom may be from several demographic categories). One of the teachers at my HS was elected chief after he retired from education. He was a good man.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

As someone who went to school, it was always clear that the zero tolerance policies against bullies only applied if the bully was extraordinarily poor, or if the victim was extraordinarily privileged. Otherwise there was a pretty good look the other way policy in place by most school administrators.

Sounds like the bullies should have been getting their asses beaten by the other students.

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 2/24/2024 at 10:11 PM, safe sex said:

I can't put into words how much I hate that worthless cunt.

I’d never heard her talk before, she’s truly awful. And dumb as a box of rocks.

• Rage+1 4

This cunt has a position in the Oklahoma state government at the behest of our own little ginger education fascist.

Raising two daughters in this state, with more anti-woman, anti-alphabet bills working through the legislature has just about broken me. My heart says stay and try to fight these fucks through the courts, the streets, wherever, whenever.

My head says take the family and head north to somewhere like Seattle or Michigan. This place has already lost (always does, amirite?).

This fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Stilicho said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/fight-hasnt-ruled-cause-nex-benedicts-death-police-say-rcna140780

In a stunning turn of events, Owasso PD is now walking back their initial statements.

yeah I thought the PD's initial statements were highly inappropriate at that stage anyway... 

as an aside, what's with that article using male pronouns?

4 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

yeah I thought the PD's initial statements were highly inappropriate at that stage anyway... 

as an aside, what's with that article using male pronouns?

From the article...

Friends have told NBC News that Benedict was transgender and primarily went by he/him pronouns at school but also used they/them pronouns, which Benedict’s family also used. Several other friends said Benedict preferred he/him pronouns.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/26/2024 at 4:45 PM, Covri said:

I’d never heard her talk before, she’s truly awful. And dumb as a box of rocks.

I’d wear a mask around her too. She’s got the stupid. It’s contagious and a degenerative disease. Such a brave woman to interview her for our benefit and take the risk of catching such an awful disease.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Stilicho said:

https://www.advocate.com/news/federal-investigation-nex-benedict

The more lights shining on this state, the better.

Very pleased with the outcome here.

side comment: I got heavily involved with HRC when they were just turning the corner on trans rights. And Chad Griffin gets a ton of credit for helping to move that way. Kelly Robinson - whom I don’t know - has made HRC incredibly inclusive and deserves a ton of credit as well.  All of that said it’s time to stop with the alphabet nonsense. Pick a descriptive term, use the LGBTQ not as an acronym but as a symbol and be done. 2SLGBTQI+ doesn’t even cover everyone, it’s more like 2SLGBTQIANBGQBGDQ+ and that don’t work.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Separately we watched Fire Island a few nights ago. Fun movie. Hook up culture stresses me out but the club and sex scenes were hot. Cheesy rom-com but it made us want to go back. We can’t tell if it was a fun movie because we have a point of reference or if it was just a fun movie. Btw we are a Monday through Friday // off week kinda goer. 

never been to cherry island, honestly we have no desire. 

Edited by troph

Gay hookup culture is extremely annoying from a public health perspective since cis dudes seem to think that PrEP covers -all- the STIs and not just HIV, so fuck ever wearing a condom, but at least it gives me solid job security.

I need to visit Ptown again. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Gay hookup culture is extremely annoying from a public health perspective since cis dudes seem to think that PrEP covers -all- the STIs and not just HIV, so fuck ever wearing a condom, but at least it gives me solid job security.

I’ve never started a relationship other than through physical proximity through a volunteer organization, friendship, then ambiguous dating (hanging out in what is really a date but not called that), then sex. 

the idea of going l to an event for the sole purpose of hooking up with strangers based almost entirely on body evaluation is insanity to me.

heck, my wife and I first had sex well after we knew each other and it was still stressful as fuck.  First few sessions lasted like 3-4 fucking hours and that’s after dinner and wine. We’ve got it dialed into under 45 mins now but holy fuck stranger sex is not good sex.

parading around and fucking total strangers sounds horrible. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I wonder how many Sniffies entries are in your neighborhood lol

I don’t want to go down this rabbit hole in open conversation but out here? A lot. Actually anywhere, a lot. There are a TON of bi-curious or in reality gay men, and I’m talking about what I knew before I transitioned.  A ton are self identified straight men who simply love sex (so they say). Gay hook up culture makes that super easy.  I bet you see a bunch. 

reality is - cis het society is so fucking repressed of course they want to dip their toe. Alok is 💯 correct. It’s not about their hatred for us it’s their hatred of themselves and the trap they are in. Eh, fuck em, they preach hate then cruise at night. Assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I have such a crush on Alok

I have an anti-thing for body hair so unfortunately they do nothing for me. I do find some femme gay boys hot though.  

14 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I can only guess he's burning the midnight oil working with @Lidig8r to help with prior chicken-shitedness before coming back to address his own chicken-shitedness in this thread.

Scratching my head on this one.

After all, I've only helped get a number of LBGTQ young people get into treatment centers for much needed therapy. Have planned plenary discussions with LBGTQ persons to give at mental health conferences. Started planning an event in 2019 with many LBGTQ activists in the Dallas area before COVID hit. As a person on the Board of Directors of Mental Health America of Greater Dallas, helped plan this years Adolescent Symposium held 2 weeks ago. Oh... along with a well known doctor, gave a presentation to both Raytheon and Apple regarding mental health and eating disorders.  Both talks were broadcast on those companies' internal networks to all of their employees in the U.S.

Too many things to list regarding mental health, eating disorders, including interaction with the LBGTQ community... but... ok.

So, Serak old sport, I'd be more than happy to match my credentials against yours anytime regarding work done in the mental health community.

Oh... and if you want to put your money where your mouth is ... I recommend reaching out to Project HEAL. This 501(c)(3) is dedicated to eating disorders primarily in the LBGTQ community. I started their North Texas Chapter. You (or anyone else for that matter), can donate to them here:

https://www.theprojectheal.org/donate

Have a good day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I guess this can go here. 60 Minutes last night had a segment about book banning. In it Scott Pelley interviewed the founders of Moms for Liberty (minus the one who was forced out because she was having three-way sex with another woman). Scott Pelley did a good job calling them out for being evasive and not answering his questions, like what ideology they think school kids are being “indoctrinated” into and what exactly they’re afraid of. He pointed out that rather than answer his questions, they just kept returning to their talking points.

(Including a shot of one of them literally checking her notes for which response to give.)

IMG_1831.thumb.jpeg.7683b198a542e57b685235b89b613f87.jpeg

It was pretty solid. I’m normally lukewarm on Pelley but credit where it’s due. He called them out for not addressing their own rhetoric. “Grooming does not seem like a word that you want to take on.” (That led to the note checking pictured above.)

It’s worth a watch.

I wonder if @Pokoloco still gives enough of a shit about this story to even read about how a social media influencer with ties to neo-Nazis who serves on an Oklahoma Department of Education advisory committee in his state previously targeted the deceased's school district and how that may have contributed to creating a climate where the victim was killed:

Nowhere has Raichik’s influence been more visible than Oklahoma, where her anti-LGBTQ+ exploits earned her an official position on the Oklahoma Department of Education’s Library Media Advisory Committee by controversial far-right Superintendent Ryan Walters. Under Walters’ leadership, Oklahoma has been aggressively working to ban books and education on LGBTQ+ issues in schools across the state, with Oklahoma’s Attorney General Gentner Drummond stating that proposed rules to ban LGBTQ+ books and content are “unconstitutional and cannot be enforced.” It’s been confirmed that Raichik’s posts have fueled multiple bomb threats against schools specifically in Oklahoma.

Officials from Oklahoma told NBC News that they believe Chaya Raichik’s anti-LGBTQ+ culture warring “sparked threats in their localities with her posts on social media that digitally heckle people such as drag performers, LGBTQ teachers and doctors who treat transgender patients.”  

One of these instances was at the Owasso School District (just outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma). In 2022, Chaya Raichik targeted an Owasso teacher for speaking out in support of LGBTQ+ students who lacked acceptance from their parents. Raichik’s post was shared thousands of times on social media and resulted in the teacher getting condemned and harassed until they resigned. The posts Raichik made about the teacher were later deleted, but have been archived. It’s unclear what prompted the deletion of the posts by Raichik. We know Raichik’s Libs of TikTok posts have contributed to a culture of intolerance against LGBTQ+ youth in schools, and now this hate may be manifesting beyond mere threats.

Nex Benedict, a non-binary transgender 16-year-old student at Owasso High School, was brutally murdered in an assault in the girl’s restroom this month. Benedict was also of indigenous Choctaw ancestry. According to local news outlets and family, Nex Benedict was beaten by three older female students. The mother of Benedict’s best friend told KJRH News that "one of the girls was pretty much repeatedly beating [Benedict’s] head across the floor.” Reports say Benedict was unable to take themselves to the nurse’s office after a teacher finally intervened in the brutal assault. For reasons that remain unclear, Owasso High School refused to call an ambulance for 16-year-old Nex Benedict, who died from their injuries in the hospital the next day. A motive for this killing has not been shared by law enforcement, but we know that schools in Oklahoma have been specifically pushing violent eliminationist rhetoric against transgender and non-binary youth— a fact exemplified by the state’s hiring of Chaya Raichik following her incitements of terror against the state’s schools over LGBTQ+ rights. The Independent interviewed Sue Benedict, the mother of Nex Benedict, and confirmed that Nex Benedict was aware of Chaya Raichik’s now-deleted tweets targeting their local pro-LGBTQ+ teacher. In fact, Benedict had greatly admired this teacher before they were forced out of the job by Raichik’s harassment, according to their mother. “Nex was very angry about it,” she told their reporter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 6:40 AM, safe sex said:

I thought we were moving the fuck out of Texas? 

24 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I thought we were moving the fuck out of Texas? 

I don't follow? Gay men have the same hookup culture, for the most part, anywhere in the country that I plan on living in. But moving is expensive and takes a long time.

5 hours ago, safe sex said:

I don't follow? Gay men have the same hookup culture, for the most part, anywhere in the country that I plan on living in. But moving is expensive and takes a long time.

Yeah I don't know why I quoted that particular message, it had nothing to do with the question. Just rooting for you to get out 

• Hook 'Em 1