Longhorn Network

TXs

My question is when LHN is gone where will we watch our football games like 2 of the first 3 this season that are on LHN?
Those were PPV before LHN.
Best case scenario, SECSEC! network backed up by ESPN+ since thats bundled into shitass overpriced Hulu+ live tv that my wife insists upon over youtubetv we had before. Any other subscription fuckery and I may not even bother trying to watch.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

My question is when LHN is gone where will we watch our football games like 2 of the first 3 this season that are on LHN?

Those were PPV before LHN.

Yeah but that hadn't happened in years when the LHN came along. The only thing the LHN brought to football that we didn't have before was the Spring Game, the signing day specials, and the fluff like rewind.

So another example of fail on the LHN.  I was watching, because I could, the last time we played the Fucking Coward Aggies!  And it was Case McCoy’s Herp Derp Game where we win on. 2 seconds to go Field Goal by Justin Tucker, who will be a Hall of Fame Longhorn Kicker soon.  I chose to kick back and stream the start cause I could, but right as we were at the 2 seconds to go, and the moment of the kick, the stream ended.

It's like what the fuck?  Who runs this shit?  A bunch of Aggie Fuck Turds?  Lucky I could rewind the live play and catch the kick, if I had DVR-ed?  Classic example of fuck tard broadcast management.  Fuck them and good riddance!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but that hadn't happened in years when the LHN came along. The only thing the LHN brought to football that we didn't have before was the Spring Game, the signing day specials, and the fluff like rewind.

We played on ppv two seasons before it was announced. The season before we played on fsn+

On 6/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, Domedriver said:

So another example of fail on the LHN.  I was watching, because I could, the last time we played the Fucking Coward Aggies!  And it was Case McCoy’s Herp Derp Game where we win on. 2 seconds to go Field Goal by Justin Tucker, who will be a Hall of Fame Longhorn Kicker soon.  I chose to kick back and stream the start cause I could, but right as we were at the 2 seconds to go, and the moment of the kick, the stream ended.

It's like what the fuck?  Who runs this shit?  A bunch of Aggie Fuck Turds?  Lucky I could rewind the live play and catch the kick, if I had DVR-ed?  Classic example of fuck tard broadcast management.  Fuck them and good riddance!

Yes, actually.

Longhorn Network will be getting a new boss ... from Texas A&M

Edited by n64ra

On 6/2/2022 at 7:27 PM, Viper said:

We played on ppv two seasons before it was announced. The season before we played on fsn+

Wasn’t that the game at Wyoming?  That goes to their tv deal not ours.  Our last ppv home game was back in 2007 I thought…

33 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Wasn’t that the game at Wyoming?  That goes to their tv deal not ours.  Our last ppv home game was back in 2007 I thought…

Going off Wikipedia:

Florida Atlantic 2008 PPV 

Louisiana Monroe 2009 PPV 

Wyoming 2009 Versus 

Florida Atlantic 2010 FSN+ 

LHN Contract signed January 2011

LHN launched August 2011

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sling orange I believe is the package. 

13 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Sling orange plus the sports extra add on which is $10/month

Edit: I guess they raised the price to $11

https://www.sling.com/service/extras?footer=true#service-modal-us-monthly-domestic-sports-extra-2-ysjxtjfnys

Huh. OK. Thanks. I guess I can't see the add-ons because I don't have an account. I just wish yttv would just carry it. And Bally.

27 minutes ago, Tracer Bullet said:

Sling orange plus the sports extra add on which is $10/month

Edit: I guess they raised the price to $11

https://www.sling.com/service/extras?footer=true#service-modal-us-monthly-domestic-sports-extra-2-ysjxtjfnys

Screenshot_20220819-215411_kindlephoto-10042708.png.4dcff44df425dd930d303da093a3ce6f.png

giphy.gif

Orange $35/mo + Sports Extra $11 = $46

They may give you half off Orange the 1st month, so only $17.50 + $11 = $28.50

Start it on Friday before ULM game, and cancel after UTSA game and hopefully costs yah only $28.50 

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20220819-215411_kindlephoto-10042708.png.4dcff44df425dd930d303da093a3ce6f.png

giphy.gif

Orange $35/mo + Sports Extra $11 = $46

They may give you half off Orange the 1st month, so only $17.50 + $11 = $28.50

Start it on Friday before ULM game, and cancel after UTSA game and hopefully costs yah only $28.50 

This.

I restart it for basketball when I need it. They make it really easy to cancel/suspend your account. Between Sling and YouTubeTV I’m very happy.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:31 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I guess for streaming ULM and UTSA, Sling is THE best/only option??  Orange package ($35 half off 1st month $17.50) + Sports Extra Add on ($11)? So $28.50.... With billing starting and stopping based on when you sign up and cancel.. guess I'll look to sign up next week.

Yup...

Screenshot_20220819-215411_kindlephoto-10042708.png

giphy.gif

Orange $35/mo + Sports Extra $11 = $46

They may give you half off 1st month, so maybe $23 ??  (Be sure to read fine print to see restrictions.)

Start it on Friday before ULM game, and cancel after UTSA game and hopefully costs yah only 1 month charge.

Hook 'em 🤘

• Hook 'Em 4

This will absolutely jinx me, but protip...if you previously loaded up someone else credentials in the ESPN app to get LHN and those credentials changed, check all your devices. I still have LHN on two devices even though a friend of a friend of a friend changed their password and booted me from one device several months ago.

Two things - First -yes LHN on Direct TV streaming.  You can run it on your phone and cast it if you want.  Samsung TV's are compatible (have preloaded?) DirectTV streaming App. But Box works better.  But cool to be able to watch LHN on your phone.

Second - the only good thing about being rolled into the SEC Network is the inevitable Aggie anger at once again being eclipsed repetitively with Texas getting the coverage nod.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

But does the studio stay open? I mean, will it become a de facto SEC West Studios in Austin?

The SEC studios are in Charlotte so it could make sense to have a east and west studio… or not. Idk

Yea, what the hell does 'fold' mean here? Sounds more like close down, but I'm all for making an SEC West Network out of Austin and an SEC East Network out of, trusting you here, Charlotte. Imagine the aggy melt down if they see their games on a network based in Austin.

Edited by n64ra
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Second - the only good thing about being rolled into the SEC Network is the inevitable Aggie anger at once again being eclipsed repetitively with Texas getting the coverage nod.

Texas will get better coverage and better announcers while Aggy gets stuck with Lowell Galindo calling all of their games. 

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 10:28 PM, LTtxfan said:

Yup...

Screenshot_20220819-215411_kindlephoto-10042708.png

giphy.gif

Orange $35/mo + Sports Extra $11 = $46

They may give you half off 1st month, so maybe $23 ??  (Be sure to read fine print to see restrictions.)

Start it on Friday before ULM game, and cancel after UTSA game and hopefully costs yah only 1 month charge.

Hook 'em 🤘

Sling is really easy to pause for extended periods. I restarted my service this weekend after cancelling it last fall and didn't even have to re-enter my payment info. It took all of about a minute to get LHN again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Two things - First -yes LHN on Direct TV streaming.  You can run it on your phone and cast it if you want.  Samsung TV's are compatible (have preloaded?) DirectTV streaming App. But Box works better.  But cool to be able to watch LHN on your phone.

You must be grandfathered in or something as I’m a new direct tv stream customer (as of June) and the LHN is on none of their channel lineups.  (Granted I’m in California)

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You must be grandfathered in or something as I’m a new direct tv stream customer (as of June) and the LHN is on none of their channel lineups.  (Granted I’m in California)

"Regional Sports Networks and local channels aren’t available everywhere and may vary by package and location. You may need to be in your billing region (ZIP Code) to watch them. Regional Sports Networks are available in CHOICE™ packages and above."

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

Two things - First -yes LHN on Direct TV streaming.  You can run it on your phone and cast it if you want.  Samsung TV's are compatible (have preloaded?) DirectTV streaming App. But Box works better.

Directv Stream App available on Roku streaming devices.

1 minute ago, Tonesky said:

"Regional Sports Networks and local channels aren’t available everywhere and may vary by package and location. You may need to be in your billing region (ZIP Code) to watch them. Regional Sports Networks are available in CHOICE™ packages and above."

Funny you should say that…my billing is still showing as Houston, but the address is California.  I suspect that’s it. 

But I still get commercials for HEB. I was confused as fuck for the first week or so seeing a HEB commercial with the Astros on it.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Funny you should say that…my billing is still showing as Houston, but the address is California.  I suspect that’s it. 

But I still get commercials for HEB. I was confused as fuck for the first week or so seeing a HEB commercial with the Astros on it.  

I expect it is by IP address.  Maybe a VPN to a faux Texas location would work?

13 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

I expect it is by IP address.  Maybe a VPN to a faux Texas location would work?

I'm messing around with mine and it looks like you can update the location to your current IP location 4 times per year.