Longhorn Network

TXs

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Why would anyone complain about that? It did suck. There were zero adjustments from game 1 except no porter that I saw. Ehlinger showed again against a shit defense that he isn't D1 quality yet he took every snap. Everyone associated with this program needs to be put on notice that this sucked and will not be tolerated. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Why would anyone complain about that? It did suck. There were zero adjustments from game 1 except no porter that I saw. Ehlinger showed again against a shit defense that he isn't D1 quality yet he took every snap. Everyone associated with this program needs to be put on notice that this sucked and will not be tolerated. 

Probably because broadcasters are only permitted to speak truth using certain vocabulary (see, e.g. Dale Hansen), "sucked" isn't part of it.

57 minutes ago, Paco said:

I honestly can't say enough fuck yous to this horrible fucking vomit fest. Fuck all these fucking fucks who've ever had any fucking thing to do with this disgusting bucket of human shit. Fuck DeLoss, fuck Mack, fuck president whoever the fuck, fuck every regent and their shitty fucking offspring, fuck every little tiny thing about espn, fuck abc, fuck Walt fuckwad Disney, fuck mikky fucking rat faced fuck. The whole goddamn thing is a filthy exercise in disgusting fuckery and fuck anyone who had any inkling it might actually come to fucking fruition and didn't blow the whole fucking thing into the stratosphere.

Oh, and fuck Tom Herman, and fuck every fucking fuckwad who hired him and thought this was the fucking direction we needed to go. Fuckers.

Fuck.

Where's the Tylenol

• Like 1

I have never been against it and I do not think the network itself is the real issue (I am not sure that most that bash it see it as the real issue).....but it is a manifestation of the issue that is for sure and I saw that last night in one of the commercials

the commercial with Jody Conradt walking around and saying a bunch of dumb shit to people like the salt in the guacamole at the end

what in the fuck is she still doing walking around Bellmont and appearing on shit for Texas especially university commercials on the university network

she won a NC that is true and good for her and she was a great coach IN HER TIME, but her time was SHORT LIVED in the reality of when she was a major player in womens college BB and part of that was because she went from being a major player in womens college BB and making womens college BB into one of the bigger sports to letting that shit pass her right on by and even when it was clear she had let is go by her she would not fucking change nor would she move on and retire......she is the female version of Mack Brown and she helped burn shit down with Texas womens BB on the way out and I hold that against her

she coached at a time when a place like Texas should have dominated womens BB and when most other places did not give a shit about is and as the sport grew she seemed to regress and you look now at what places like UConn and Baylor and their programs are doing or what Tennessee did and you consider that is happening (or partially happened) at a time when womens BB was/is much more competitive as far as recruiting and facilities and it makes a single womens NC at TEXAS seem pretty insignificant

all the more so when it was in 1986 and that after 1990 she coached for 15 more seasons and only made it past the NCAA first round 9 times and only made it past the second round 3 time and that was at the end of her career when she was trying to salvage things and hang on for longer....hell she was not even winning the conference regularly after 1990

this is not to just be a "bash Jody", but that fucking stupid commercial just reflects what I think is fucked about Texas

Bellmont is just a fucking retirement home for coaches and administrators that did some shit back in the day when you COULD just put Texas on the uniform and expect to recruit top players and to even get a win or two.....who in the fuck wants to come to a place where you get to walk around every day at your job knowing that someone that coached back when shit was not nearly as challenging or competitive for recruits and big time winning is still loafing around the office telling their stupid stories about "back in the day" or giving advice on shit

you look at the programs that have had sustained success for LONG periods of time through several coaches like baseball and swimming and what do you NOT see......you do not see a bunch of retired old farts still collecting a fucking check aimlessly wondering around Bellmont telling all their stupid stories and glad handing people and probably "giving advice" (unsolicited) to people about shit

clean that fucking rats nest out and send those fuckers packing and cut the fucking payroll while you are at it

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, utee94 said:

Yeah, no.  The SEC and the B1G are involved in a massive arms race, and adding Texas (to either conference) would end that race decisively.  Arkansas and A&M will do whatever the SEC tells them, and the SEC would immediately add Texas if the Horns came calling.  

Lot of Texas hubris laced here.  I just don't see it happening.  The SEC may expand, but they're looking for east coast markets.  They'd poach from the ACC before the Abortion12.  UNC for example.  Most out there don't like Texas.  Don't want to deal with all our BS.  And they already have the Texas market locked down with A&M.  What are we bringing to the table?  A big name.  SEC is full of big names.  We leaving OU as well?  

No, we're going to choke on this shit-sandwich of a conference we can't come close competing in and talk big about how to get to eight fucking wins and a top 20 recruiting class with "kids that want to be here" dogshit until we can find a coach with a pair.  FU Herman.  You fraud fuk!

6 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Lot of Texas hubris laced here.  I just don't see it happening.  The SEC may expand, but they're looking for east coast markets.  They'd poach from the ACC before the Abortion12.  UNC for example.  Most out there don't like Texas.  Don't want to deal with all our BS.  And they already have the Texas market locked down with A&M.  What are we bringing to the table?  A big name.  SEC is full of big names.  We leaving OU as well?  

No, we're going to choke on this shit-sandwich of a conference we can't come close competing in and talk big about how to get to eight fucking wins and a top 20 recruiting class with "kids that want to be here" dogshit until we can find a coach with a pair.  FU Herman.  You fraud fuk!

No hubris at all. I have no desire to join the SEC.  Or the B1G, for that matter.  

But the truth remains that those two conferences are engaged in an arms race, and Notre Dame and Texas are the final two pieces that move the needle.  

Yall that don't watch womens volleyball are missing out.  The chicks are probably the most attractive in NCAA sports.  It is extremely athletic and fast, lots of scoring.  We are competitive.  And, there is no men's volleyball to compare it to for shittiness purposes (except once very four years if you watch).

• 3 months later...