• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

Just made it briefly after the game because had things to do, but thanks @immamac good time as always.

@Nicole44 and @MissingInAction good to see y’all and I know I’ll see y’all soon.

@ztejas if you were there after the game I was trying to figure out who you were. I wasn’t there long. I guess I should have asked someone. I just assumed you were the dude that kept falling down but he didn’t react to my muledick callout. Pretty sure he wandered over from another tailgate.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Just made it briefly after the game because had things to do, but thanks @immamac good time as always.

@Nicole44 and @MissingInAction good to see y’all and I know I’ll see y’all soon.

@ztejas if you were there after the game I was trying to figure out who you were. I wasn’t there long. I guess I should have asked someone. I just assumed you were the dude that kept falling down but he didn’t react to my muledick callout. Pretty sure he wandered over from another tailgate.

@ztejas was probably the one yelling about how herman was a better coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That feeling you get when you know it's coming, and it can't be stopped.

6E09368C-69A8-4E4A-90C4-BEA9E9148107_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.95d194853524dab6d4ee16ff78c7b616.jpeg

We're Texas! Now that's a flyover!

BDE34950-E390-4730-8AAA-DCB02905D724_4_5005_c.jpeg.f6240dd0982b226a4293d2e00e88557c.jpeg

"Well the house is a rockin' don't bother knockin'
Yeah the house is a rockin' don't bother knockin'
Yeah the house is a rockin' don't bother come on in

Walkin' up the street you can hear the sound
Of some bad honky tonkers really layin' it down
They've seen it all for years and got nothin' to lose

So get down on the floor shimmy 'til you shake sumpin' loose"

02B37493-A576-4313-841A-DA090D4C13F4_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e7073ce360bc1404310b377c6660ff5b.jpeg

My favorite pic of the day,

I know the kid is from Texas, ... wearing Alabama colors, grandpa? decked out in Crimson, parents in neutral black ...

Admirable kid, watched and learned, no complaining, after sitting in the heat & the sun for 4 hours.

Him, and his parents stayed for The Eyes of Texas, as did most everybody in the house.

Little guy had seen the "Hook 'Em Horns" all day, and was looking around to make sure he did it right.

He did.  ( I wasn't going to post his face)

043E18C5-2AA2-4C07-AD81-EAA69796C776_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.548afabde830b2757a8296f25373fc94.jpeg

Only pic I took at the Burnt Ends tailgate; Good times, nice putting faces w/ screen names.

Thanks again & again to @immamacand @RGBIIIand to everyone else who helps make all this happen! 

image.thumb.jpeg.d225e6bdb0013cf4dd4c924839b670cb.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Oh, forgot to post these. Hope @RGBIIIdoes ban me. 

If this doesn't convince you that the Surly Tailgate is the place to be, I don't know what will.

CDC:

"Dear Surly,

While we appreciate your initiative in the field of NIL, this letter is to provide notice that we have moved your tailgate spot to the abandoned Home Depot location at I-35 and 183.

Again, thanks for all your hard work."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Was a very good time. I don’t remember that much of it. @ztejas you were being a cunt, stop doing that. The rest of y’all were…..fine. Surly horns podcast will be hilarious. Fuck that courier and @immamac don’t hire fuckers off Craigslist lol

Fuck that courier man…surly tailgate is like my home away from home. My peeps. Fucking courier…

D521BB02-856E-4940-875C-6213FC01BAE3.gif

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

So did the dude y'all hired to bring the booze just fuck everything up? 

Yeah - they bought all of it and had everything packed up and ready to go at my house in zilker - all it needed was to be dropped off and kegs picked up and dropped off and then they were supposed to run ice and whatever and get the Matt's El Rancho after the game. It was totally fine once the stuff arrived - just got there 3 1/2 hours late

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, RGBIII said:

Was a very good time. I don’t remember that much of it. @ztejas you were being a cunt, stop doing that. The rest of y’all were…..fine. Surly horns podcast will be hilarious. Fuck that courier and @immamac don’t hire fuckers off Craigslist lol

Yeah I got too drunk and too worked up and behaved uncouthly with some passerbys after the game. Not proud of it and fully deserve the call out. 

Apologies if I took away from anyone's experience - I believe I was generally helpful and welcoming before and during the game.

Tailgate was great once it got going. The folks I brought said they had a blast. 

Keep it up. May sit the next few plays out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I got too drunk and too worked up and behaved uncouthly with some passerbys after the game. Not proud of it and fully deserve the call out. 

Apologies if I took away from anyone's experience - I believe I was generally helpful and welcoming before and during the game.

Tailgate was great once it got going. The folks I brought said they had a blast. 

Don’t even sweat it. See you for UTSA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/11/2022 at 12:35 PM, BornAndRaised said:

Oh, forgot to post these. Hope @RGBIIIdoesn't ban me. 

If this doesn't convince you that the Surly Tailgate is the place to be, I don't know what will.

which NIL fund will go to getting @RGBIII a size up in shorts?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Get your shit together- it’s “passersby”.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I made it by pregame with my daughter.  I knew I couldn't come back after the game.  It was mainly a scouting mission as we were scrambling to get the lay of the land in terms of tailgate tents and head to the stadium.   I was able to grab a koozie and say hello to a couple of people.  Thanks for getting this all set up.  Hope I can make it back this year and really put some Internet IDs with some faces.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lol youre good

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

I accidentally destroyed over 500 dollars worth of booze at a shaggy tailgate a while back. 

All I did was bump into the table and one end collapsed. Time slowed as I watched all those bottles slide down onto the pavement and shatter.

We all make mistakes.

• Haha 1

So the poll as an RSVP is trash. We had about 150 people at tailgate for Bama and probably 250+ that stopped by and didn't stay. 

I guess I'll plan for around 75-80 for UTSA - Malcolm Brown is likely gonna stop by and party with us. 

anyone have a food preference? I'm thinking pizza, salet, and some dessert? 

I'm going to do 10 cases this time. Have 2 leftover and bringing wine. I'll also be pre batching margaritas, but no refills when they are gone! 

• Hook 'Em 1