[2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

I should note this is just like last year: the normal game week thread. Please post any thoughts you have on the game to come or any news, notes or whatever like you would a normal game week thread. It doesn't have to be a story or anything like that- meant to be a normal conversation with normal game week posts- it's just this year we will also be paying money to the best score, prop bets and posts in thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

UT - 48 and ULM - 17.
B. Rob. - 153 rushing on 7 rushes + 46 rec = 199.

I lived in SW Louisiana for roughly 12 years and I’d agree on a majority of the above. Most of the LSU alums that I dealt with were in the medical field, so they did have a form of “balance” to them. When I first moved there in the mid to late ‘90s their FB program was a hot mess! At least they had their Spring, with “Skip Ball” to look forward to.

Hook’em!

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

UT - 48 and ULM - 17.
B. Rob. - 153 rushing on 7 rushes + 46 rec = 199.

I lived in SW Louisiana for roughly 12 years and I’d agree on a majority of the above. Most of the LSU alums that I dealt with were in the medical field, so they did have a form of “balance” to them. When I first moved there in the mid to late ‘90s their FB program was a hot mess! At least they had their Spring, with “Skip Ball” to look forward to.

Hook’em!

7/153 would be amazeballs. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan76 said:

UT 42 - ULM 10

Ewers with 250 & 3, one to Bijan, who has 275 combined yards.

So let it be written so let it be done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas 38 ULM 17

Bijan 95 yards rushing 31 yards receiving. He doesn't play in the 2nd half. Sark doesn't run it up against bowden and keeps almost everything in the playbook for Bama. Let's ewers and the recievers work out some kinks in the 2nd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas 60 - ULM 24

ULM gave up 59 points twice last season to G5 teams and 55 to Kentucky.  Texas puts up 60 unless Sark shuts things down in the 2nd quarter.  ULM puts up 24 easy but is demoralized by the second half and is just looking to run clock.

Bijan 167 yards (136 rushing - 31 receiving) in two quarters of action.

42-17 Texas

Bijan goes 17/210, 300 all purpose yards and 3 TDs in a half.  

I've got a boy in private school and a baby girl on the way. Not saying I'm at "I'll suck yo dick for a cheeseburger!" level yet but I'm about to start taking up wet work as a revenue stream. 

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wait until you hear that the winner or loser of OU game week gets/has to go in the RV to the OSU game week and recreate that photo. 

See above post.

I'm not saying I'd storm the field naked, man boobs and all, to avenge 3's place for best mullet of the Southwest as I take a machete to Gundy's scalp. But FAAFO...

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok Wulaaaaw Hooolaaaw Horn, You tell a pretty good story sir, but grab a plate and accept your fate.

My name’s Tex, and it might be a sin, but I’ll take your bet; you’re gonna regret ‘cause I’m the best there’s ever been.  

Let me tell you all a little true story that happened this week.  

My family and I are sitting at this run down dive buffett place down South minding our own business.  Literally just trying to choke down this garbage food, when all the sudden my son yell’s out “fuck you mother fucker”.  Now my family has had a damn long day and now we are having to deal with this slop food and this one guy at a table across the way is sitting there coughing up a pandemic with no care in the world.  

Just from the look on this guy's face I know he thinks my son is a sociopath, and to tell you the truth at this point in the day I can’t really blame the guy.  My son yells out “cover your mouth when you fucking cough or I’m going to go over there and shut your fucking mouth for you.”  It’s embarrassing because my son is screaming this at the top of his lungs.  My wife and I are stunned and just sitting there staring at this giant plate of bullshit food hoping to make it through dinner without some major issue.  

This dude is like 20 feet or so away with his face buried in his phone like a teenage school girl just minding his own business and I doubt he even knew he was coughing up a pandemic.  He had snot and mucus dripping from his nose and mouth like a leaking faucet.  Every time he coughed he was showering the area in this disgusting combination of germs and slim.  

I’m certain he thought we were crazy. We were all wearing these ridiculous LSU windbreakers and matching Tiger caps.  You see it was my mother in laws (crazy ass bitch) birthday and she has always been a die hard Tiger fan so my wife gets this fucking nut idea to go around to her favorite all time places and take a family photo dressed as LSU fans.  Crazy ass shit right? But what do you do?..................Well anyway it's hotter than hell’s ass, I’m trying to eat this slop food, and I got this stiff over here coughing like he is trying to contaminate the whole state of Texas.  

My son has lost his freaking mind. He absolutely hates Lousianna and everything it stands for.  The food there is worse than this slop bucket we are eating right now and the party atmosphere there is dog shit boring.  The state has a reputation of off the hook debauchery but I myself find it overrun with religion and revival.  Every time I go visit my crazy ass mother in law, I am treated like a king and feel like I have entered the mecha of royalty.  However, parting with LSU fans in Omaha that year my son played them in the college world series was terrible.  Worst fans in the world but when 20k of them came to Austin for that game a few years back I found them quite enjoyable.  

I worry about playing them once we join the SEC. I have watched Brian Kelly dance with his recruits and I know we are in trouble.  In the meantime I guess I can find solace in beating up on their little brother ULM who truly is the power school of Lousianna.  

Oh yeah, that dude at the table…. Come to find out he is some big shot lawyer or mortgage dude from Austin and rumor has it he has a TikTok addiction and the only Dr in the Country that can treat him has an office in Humble Texas of all places.  Wait staff at that slop buffett say he comes in two or three times a week just to get away and sits for hours at his table, nose buried in his phone watching TikTok like a fourteen year old school girl.  

Beat ULM. First game of the rest of the season I can't wait.

Texas 58

ULM 17

Bijan 158 rushing 2 TD 61 receiving 1 TD

By the way the Mullet throws 3 TD and no INT.  

Hook’em Horns!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Texas 31 ULM 21

Bijan 98 yards rushing 28 receiving. total 126. 

its not a Louisianna story, hell it isnt even a recent story, but it kinda is a surly story that i was reminded of because earlier in the week was the 33rd anniversary of Ryan striking out his 5,000 batter (Ricky freaking Henderson of all people).

so my dads older sister was married to one of the most hard core Dallas area sports fanatics of all time. He took my dad to all the Cowboys home games in the Cotton Bowl in the early 60's stayed hard core blue throughout his life. loved the Rangers even though they sucked for like 95% of their entire existence during his life. 

My Uncle was a SPORTS NUT.  Meanwhile, my Aunt, lovely woman, paid absolutely zero attention to sports. She thought you could score a TD in basketball and get called offsides in baseball if there were too many players in the outfield.  She understood the terms,  Home Run is good, Strikeout is bad.  TD is good, Interception is bad.. but thats pretty much the extent of her sports understanding.

So 1989 was pre-sports radio, but all the local channels were doing the countdown to Ryan getting his 5,000th K.  It was commonly talked about on regular radio shows, so my aunt kind of understood this was going to happen.

then it finally happens and its all anyone can talk about , and the next day my aunt and uncle go to dinner with several friends and of course the 5,000th K story is talked about, and finally my aunt has had enough.  She verbally explodes, "This is SO UNKIND! Why are you all making fun of a man for striking out 5,000 times?  I am SURE he was trying to hit the ball"

everyone is stunned. Everyone (but my Uncle) thought she was joking... Uncle being the hard ass texan he was, is laughing his ass off and says something like "woman, hes a pitcher, he stuck out 5k batters- hes not a damn batter!

turned out, she understood that striking out was bad. And the idea of the person pitching the strikeouts never occured to her. so she was positive that all of Dallas was making fun of Nolan Ryan striking out at the bat 5,000 times.....

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Texas 31 ULM 21

Bijan 98 yards rushing 28 receiving. total 126. 

its not a Louisianna story, hell it isnt even a recent story, but it kinda is a surly story that i was reminded of because earlier in the week was the 33rd anniversary of Ryan striking out his 5,000 batter (Ricky freaking Henderson of all people).

so my dads older sister was married to one of the most hard core Dallas area sports fanatics of all time. He took my dad to all the Cowboys home games in the Cotton Bowl in the early 60's stayed hard core blue throughout his life. loved the Rangers even though they sucked for like 95% of their entire existence during his life. 

My Uncle was a SPORTS NUT.  Meanwhile, my Aunt, lovely woman, paid absolutely zero attention to sports. She thought you could score a TD in basketball and get called offsides in baseball if there were too many players in the outfield.  She understood the terms,  Home Run is good, Strikeout is bad.  TD is good, Interception is bad.. but thats pretty much the extent of her sports understanding.

So 1989 was pre-sports radio, but all the local channels were doing the countdown to Ryan getting his 5,000th K.  It was commonly talked about on regular radio shows, so my aunt kind of understood this was going to happen.

then it finally happens and its all anyone can talk about , and the next day my aunt and uncle go to dinner with several friends and of course the 5,000th K story is talked about, and finally my aunt has had enough.  She verbally explodes, "This is SO UNKIND! Why are you all making fun of a man for striking out 5,000 times?  I am SURE he was trying to hit the ball"

everyone is stunned. Everyone (but my Uncle) thought she was joking... Uncle being the hard ass texan he was, is laughing his ass off and says something like "woman, hes a pitcher, he stuck out 5k batters- hes not a damn batter!

turned out, she understood that striking out was bad. And the idea of the person pitching the strikeouts never occured to her. so she was positive that all of Dallas was making fun of Nolan Ryan striking out at the bat 5,000 times.....

That is a great story. 
you must burn in hell for predicting a 10 point victory with Bijan under 100. 

• immamac changed the title to Louisiana Monroe @ Texas Sponsored by Market Advantage
  • immamac changed the title to [2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas
  • immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic